PDA

View Full Version : Hennessey's Four Season Super Shelter...

rockwood
01-12-2009, 17:54
Any thoughts on or experience with Hennessey Hammocks Four Season Super Shelter? How about the over cover with breathing hole? My journey begins on 2/14/09 from Springer and I have the Expedition Asym and a Golite 20* down bag. I sleep rather warm and have looked at JRB's quilts but would like to think that the extra $$$ could be spent on something else like pizza! Either way I think it is best to be warm and safe with an extra pound or so rather than shiver the ice off of the trees!

take-a-knee
01-12-2009, 21:32
Any thoughts on or experience with Hennessey Hammocks Four Season Super Shelter? How about the over cover with breathing hole? My journey begins on 2/14/09 from Springer and I have the Expedition Asym and a Golite 20* down bag. I sleep rather warm and have looked at JRB's quilts but would like to think that the extra $$$ could be spent on something else like pizza! Either way I think it is best to be warm and safe with an extra pound or so rather than shiver the ice off of the trees!

It basically works down to freezing, any lower and you'll be sleeping on a pad. A few fans of the system have posted over at www.hammockforums.net The overcover is something I've just bought and am playing with, I think it is a keeper. JRB quilts are what most eventually wind up with, including me. I slept last night with a Nest/No Sniveler combo and was hot at 29. TIP, get a JRB hood, it is worth every cent, weighs two ounces.