PDA

View Full Version : Attention "Team Slackpack"!!!

RockStar
01-13-2009, 03:15
Team Slackpack was a term a group of us used that were trying to lose weight. We felt that by losing the weight our packs would take the place of the weight and therefore it'd feel like slackpacking. PLEASE do not CRAWL my butt thinking otherwise! lol :banana

Anyway, I had to delete a bunch of my messages and cant remember who all was a part of team slackpack! So here it is team...

I was the only member that just COULDN'T seem to LOSE the weight. Maybe 5lbs and I'd gain it back! This was the Fall of '07 through the Winter of '08. I went for another hike on the A.T. that April and did WAY too much too fast. my weight was an issue and caused severe tendonitis in both knees, a back issue was aggrivated (that has always been an issue), and in general I was just too broke to rest up at a hostel or such. I went home and had to face myself. I did it to myself, all of it. My doctor said that a certain med I was on for years had slowly promoted the gain, and the back injury doubled my pleasure. She put me on different meds and I began to force myself into a healthier lifestyle.

I moved to Denver, Colorado to become a Personal Trainer and HIKE. Since November 26, 2007 Ihave now lost 65lbs and am 10lbs shy of my supposed "ideal" weight.

It was REALLY nice to have a group of hikers to support each other online. We sent messages daily, at least once a week on Sundays to report our mishaps, struggles, and victories! For anyone considering hike, who is overweight, Hiking have NEVER been more fun than minus 65lbs! I practically float up mountains and everyone I hike with tells me how impressed they are. I am not hiking GOD, but I AM a HAPPY HIKER!

I can't afford to go for another round on the AT. this year, but I am hoping and PRAYING that i'll have the funds and ability to tackle the remainder of the trail in 2010 or 20011. The CDT is in my back yard, along with many other trails! I would be more than GLAD to arrange a pick up at the Denver ational airport and shuttle to the CDT or CT near Denver.

Peace, and Rei discounts, Be With All of you! *hugs*

RockStar
01-13-2009, 03:18
I forgot the reason I decided to leave the trail in April, I didn't know it, but I had a pinched nerve in my foot by Fontana. All I knew is that it was EXTREMELY painful.

IceAge
01-13-2009, 16:15
Heya RockStar, glad to hear you are doing well. I only got to use that hammock you sold me for a few nights last year, hoping to get some long distance use out of it this summer!

RockStar
01-13-2009, 19:02
I miss that hammock! I just purchased a Hubba Hubba. BOO! :) I will most likely buy another HH for any future A.T. hiking! That things is a baby cradle for adults, as far as I'm concerned! :) Can't wait to see pics!

Rockhound
01-13-2009, 21:04
Rockstar, I see you went from Meatloaf to more of a Mick Jagger look. Congrats

RockStar
01-14-2009, 00:55
Rockstar, I see you went from Meatloaf to more of a Mick Jagger look. Congrats

Why thank you! :)