PDA

View Full Version : My HH arrived!

VAMTNHIKER
04-23-2004, 08:19
Oh I am in second heaven... my UltraLite Explorer came yesterday... looks great with no noted defects.

Ernie... I feel like I am becoming a "Mini-Me" ... my new HH ...my Moonbow Gearskin...

... I draw the line at the stoves.. I am going to keep the Simmerlite!

Well.. maybe I'll start playing with alcohol stoves! ::chuckle::

Seriously... thank you for your outstanding gear reviews here and at the HQ.
I am looking forward to hearing more about Tom's hinted new product for winter HH camping... is he planning to show his secret product at the Trail Days this year?

SGT Rock
04-23-2004, 08:26
He is. I have a couple of photos of the quilt attached to my hammock so I can do an update on underquilts. CanoeBlue, PeterPan, Smegal, and others have convinced me it does really work. the head hole design makes a VErY warm vest, and they way they designed that quilt will make a good lightweight blanket for southern summer hiking to replace my BCB since that thing is too darn warm.

Things I would like to try myself are: The Arc Alpinist, a Hennesy Ultralight Racer, a Hungry Howie quilt with footbox, sme of those 4 ounce hiking poles, and the new spinnermaker Gearskin. There are still some cool gear ideas out there that I haven't seen yet I am sure. I am VERY looking forward to Trail Days so I might get to see some of these things!

flyfisher
04-23-2004, 08:44
Oh I am in second heaven... my UltraLite Explorer came yesterday...

Welcome to the world of blissful sleep..... zzzz......

flyfisher
04-23-2004, 08:50
Things I would like to try myself are: ... a Hungry Howie quilt with footbox,

Worth the work, Rock. I love mine. While you were out serving, I did a -10 F night in mine, in a hammock. (Well it had a little extra help underneath.)

http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultrahammock.htm

First story on the page...