PDA

View Full Version : Bug repellent clothing

Brushy Sage
04-23-2004, 19:06
I was reading a copy of SkyMall magazine during a flight and found an ad for insect repellent clothing, that has Permethrin bonded to the fabric. Supposed to be good for 25 washes. Quite expensive: $83.95 for shirts, and $78.95 for pants. Fabric is 65% polyester and 35% cotton. Pants have zip off legs. Does anybody know anything about these duds? Seem just a bit impractical for thru hiking. View at www.skymall.com Sold by Hammacher Schlemmer.

kevin
04-23-2004, 19:46
I've got the shirt and then a hat (they have two kinds of hats, the one I have is like a baseball cap with a small cape that hangs over the back of your neck)...once I get a chance to where them (bug season hasn't really hit here yet, but should be soon), I'll make a post to say whether or not they worked.

snuffleupagus
04-23-2004, 20:25
I was reading a copy of SkyMall magazine during a flight and found an ad for insect repellent clothing, that has Permethrin bonded to the fabric. Supposed to be good for 25 washes. Quite expensive: $83.95 for shirts, and $78.95 for pants. Fabric is 65% polyester and 35% cotton. Pants have zip off legs. Does anybody know anything about these duds? Seem just a bit impractical for thru hiking. View at www.skymall.com (http://www.skymall.com/) Sold by Hammacher Schlemmer.
I can't say I know too much about the insect repellant clothing, but the photo of the swimsuit model contained in the hyperlink you posted really got me to take a closer look into this matter. Thank you for the info.:jump

Bear Magnet
04-23-2004, 22:54
I was reading a copy of SkyMall magazine during a flight and found an ad for insect repellent clothing, that has Permethrin bonded to the fabric. Supposed to be good for 25 washes. Quite expensive: $83.95 for shirts, and $78.95 for pants. Fabric is 65% polyester and 35% cotton. Pants have zip off legs. Does anybody know anything about these duds?
See my post under the "Ex Officio Buzz Off Hat Thread" from a few weeks ago, where I went into what I know about Buzz Off products.

Bear Magnet