PDA

View Full Version : Problems with MacCat/OES?

Tinker
01-15-2009, 16:37
I ordered a spinnaker MacCat from Brian and sent him a check last month which was cashed on the 18th. He sent me an email on the 28th saying that he was going to Germany for a week and a half and had lost my address, but was going to send out some tarps the next day before he left. I emailed him the following day and I've sent him several emails since - no reply. His website appears to be down right now. Does anyone know what's going on?
http://www.outdoorequipmentsupplier.com/silnylon_tarps.htm

buckwheat
01-15-2009, 19:33
Site appears up to me.

http://www.outdoorequipmentsupplier.com/index.html

Tinker
01-15-2009, 19:42
It was down for a short time earlier today.

take-a-knee
01-15-2009, 20:31
Brian is an engineering student, tarps get sewn between classes. It is worth the wait.

Tinker
01-15-2009, 22:46
Brian is an engineering student, tarps get sewn between classes. It is worth the wait.

Thanks for the word of encouragement. I guess he's not looking at his business emails while he's in Germany (he must have stayed on longer there than expected).

Doctari
01-15-2009, 23:05

Indeed:
It is WELL worth the wait! :sun

skinewmexico
01-15-2009, 23:34
Obviously a student. Otherwise, pretty unprofessional.

Hooch
01-15-2009, 23:36
Brian is a full time engineering student and also runs OES in what little spare time he has. He's nothing but professional and any of his customers will attest to. He makes a truly superior product that is well worht the money and the wait.

take-a-knee
01-15-2009, 23:45

Then don't buy a tarp from him jacka$$, he'll make my next tarp. He'll likely get through life without making one for you.

Red Hat
01-16-2009, 11:58
I got mine, mailed just before he left for Germany. Tinker, I'm sure he'll get it out to you as soon as he gets back. It is worth the wait!!!

mtnkngxt
01-16-2009, 12:23
He sent mine yesterday. Did you order it stock or altered? I know he has just started into the Spintex line and so If he hasn't had the time to sew it I'd just give him a few days. Guys work is outstanding, wouldn't use any other tarp except for maybe an Etowah,Speer, or JRB, but as far as cat cut tarps go his stuff is Prime.

Tinker
01-17-2009, 11:50
He sent mine yesterday. Did you order it stock or altered? I know he has just started into the Spintex line and so If he hasn't had the time to sew it I'd just give him a few days. Guys work is outstanding, wouldn't use any other tarp except for maybe an Etowah,Speer, or JRB, but as far as cat cut tarps go his stuff is Prime.
I ordered a Spinntex MacCat standard w/extra pullouts.
Still no word from Brian yet. It's been a month since my check was cashed.

Tinker
01-17-2009, 20:30
I ordered a Spinntex MacCat standard w/extra pullouts.
Still no word from Brian yet. It's been a month since my check was cashed.

I received my MacCat tarp today.
Workmanship appears to be top notch.
Weighs 8-3/4oz.
Stuffsack is additional 1/4 oz.
Stuffed size is 5x9.
My wife said that it was "very noisy" when I stuffed it. I expected that - no problem.

My apologies to Brian for my apprehension about the turn-around time.:o

I will consider purchasing additional merchandise based on the price and quality.

take-a-knee
01-17-2009, 23:25
I received my MacCat tarp today.
Workmanship appears to be top notch.
Weighs 8-3/4oz.
Stuffsack is additional 1/4 oz.
Stuffed size is 5x9.
My wife said that it was "very noisy" when I stuffed it. I expected that - no problem.

My apologies to Brian for my apprehension about the turn-around time.:o

I will consider purchasing additional merchandise based on the price and quality.

SEE, we told you everything was cool. Enjoy the tarp, I hope to have one just like it soon. Not only is your tarp state of the art in materials and construction, it is rumored to be stronger and as well as lighter than sil. Some say you don't need tarp tensioners with the spinnaker, which save a little more weight. Get some Lash-it from Rope and Knot supply if you don't already have some for the tie outs.

Tinker
01-17-2009, 23:50
SEE, we told you everything was cool. Enjoy the tarp, I hope to have one just like it soon. Not only is your tarp state of the art in materials and construction, it is rumored to be stronger and as well as lighter than sil. Some say you don't need tarp tensioners with the spinnaker, which save a little more weight. Get some Lash-it from Rope and Knot supply if you don't already have some for the tie outs.

Thanks for the info on the Lash-it. I bookmarked the site and will check out the product.