PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Aether 70

FritztheCat
01-16-2009, 14:58
I just purchased a new pack, the Osprey Aether 70. I have to say...WOW! Having a pack custom fitted makes a world of difference! The Osprey hipbelt was heated and molded to my shape so the whole thing fits like a glove. I loaded the pack with about 30 lbs and could barely feel it!

My old pack, a Kelty, obviously didn't fit me correctly. When I lugged around 20-25lbs, it felt really heavy and my shoulders and back would get sore within just a few miles. I could instantly tell this new back fit and would give me much less grief in carrying weight.

For everyone here who has mentioned getting a custom fit at an outfitter for a pack on the various threads, thank you! You are spot-on!

Smile
01-16-2009, 15:04
Osprey packs are awesome, glad you got such a great fit! That will make hiking a lot more enjoyable out there , have fun! ;)

Wags
01-17-2009, 02:19
i actually am pretty sure i'm getting that same pack in a week or 2. i hope it fits me :D thanks for the cheer to get me through these long 7 days

FritztheCat
01-17-2009, 10:14
The great thing about going to the outfitter was that I was measured by a knowledgeable person. I ended up with a large size pack and a medium size hipbelt.

Wags
01-18-2009, 11:49
i have a feeling that's going to be what happens w/ me as well. i'm right on the edge of most pack companies medium/long torso length, but on the edge of a small/medium hipbelt

FritztheCat
01-18-2009, 21:21
The large hipbelt fit fine, but left little cinching room in the event I lost weight. I figure that will probably happen once I get hiking day after day. So I went with the medium belt so it could cinch down a little smaller.

buz
01-19-2009, 12:21
I have that exact pack and really like it for scouting. It is really comfortable with big loads. For thru hiking, I would get something lighter for sure, but for now its' a great pack for me.

Wags
01-25-2009, 01:45
i just got mine!!! yayyyyyyyyyyy

Wags
01-25-2009, 01:46
i was large torso length and shoulders, small hipbelt :D

no wonder my other pack didn't fit me right. was medium/medium hehe