PDA

View Full Version : Clothing list

ovationcs257
01-18-2009, 00:37
Any thoughts on my clothing list for Early April thru hike? To much not enough any thoughts are welcome. I know many people say 3 pair of socks is to many but I don’t want to get caught having to ware wet socks that are sure to cause blisters

Base Layer
Wool mid-weight top/bottom (sleeping)
Poly lightweight top/bottom (Hiking)

Mid layer
Poly t-shirt
Mont-bell thermowrap action jacket
Marmot Ion wind shirt
Ex-Officio bug-off convertible pants
Poly shorts

Shell
Dri ducks top and bottom

3 pair wool sock (1 for sleeping 2 for hiking incase one gets wet)
2 pair nylon socks

Extra insulation for camp
JRB No Sniveler Wearable Quilt

Head ware
200 weight fleece balaclava
O.R. gore-tex Snoqualmie sombrero(rain and sun protection)

Hand Ware
O.R. Zenith Gloves

Nest
01-18-2009, 01:07
I wouldn't carry any extra insulation for hiking in. If you need to you can wear your sleeping thermals until you warm up then change into your hiking clothes. Even in below freezing temps I hike in zip off pants and a t-shirt. You are burning a lot of energy, so insulating while hiking isn't very nexessary. You can throw on your jacket or rain jacket as needed on exposed views or along ridgelines. Just make sure you have enough sleeping insulation to keep you warm around camp.

Also maybe ditch the wind shirt. Use the rain jacket to block wind if you need. Maybe the same for the shorts. If the pants are convertible and can be zipped off into shorts, why carry shorts also?

I agree with the socks. I carried two pair for hiking, and one for sleeping in. I never wore my sleeping socks for hiking so they stayed clean. Clean clothes keep you warmer.

Runsalone
01-20-2009, 02:17
I wouldn't carry any extra insulation for hiking in. If you need to you can wear your sleeping thermals until you warm up then change into your hiking clothes. Even in below freezing temps I hike in zip off pants and a t-shirt. You are burning a lot of energy, so insulating while hiking isn't very nexessary. You can throw on your jacket or rain jacket as needed on exposed views or along ridgelines. Just make sure you have enough sleeping insulation to keep you warm around camp.

Also maybe ditch the wind shirt. Use the rain jacket to block wind if you need. Maybe the same for the shorts. If the pants are convertible and can be zipped off into shorts, why carry shorts also?

I agree with the socks. I carried two pair for hiking, and one for sleeping in. I never wore my sleeping socks for hiking so they stayed clean. Clean clothes keep you warmer.

:cool:I agree.

the_black_spot
01-20-2009, 11:25
be aware that driducks are feasible, but fragile.