PDA

View Full Version : Soruck 2009

Gadog430
01-18-2009, 19:37
Unfortunately...SORUCK 2009 is over except for those Sunday Nighters. Bless their hearts.

So here is my 'RUCK Thank You List' :

1. To all the kitchen people...you are the greatest team on the planet. I hope you realize...at all the meals over the course of the weekend we probably fed about 300-350 people. I owe you my deepest gratitude for letting me just ask you to do this or that and for helping me to pull it together. I am FOREVER FOREVER in the greatest awe of each and everyone of you for your hard work and for coming up with new and exciting concoctions for the masses.

2. To the RUCK attendees...I thank you for your fellowship after what was the worst week of my life. Almost as much as the kitchen people...I am in awe of the Hiker Family. You are the kindest, funniest, smartest most accepting and truly loving group of people I have ever had the honor of meeting.

3. To the NOC...thanks for the snow. I know you ordered it just for me. And I just want to say thank you.

4. To Ron Haven...thank you for taking care of my hiker family and getting them there and back safely.

5. To Shelly...I love you my sister.

6. To Uncle Frankie Poo...below 30 is COLD. Write that down somewhere.

7. To Granny Franny, Mother Nature and Marta...I am on row five. No holes.

8. To all the women...I can't say anything about it specifically...but Cabin E. You know.

9. To Dancer...evil eye at the SETS game. I will be ARMED AND READY next year.

10. To Dances with Mice...that really is the best BBQ I have ever tasted. And I don't really like most BBQ.

11. To Bicycle Barb...meet me in Damascus Saturday morning at Trail Days...and bring some bikers friends. We are riding to Damascus.

12. And finally to Sly...great job again. You really did a really nice job coordinating the weekend. I think once again it was a huge success.

I truly have a second family in all of you. You brighten my day and my life. I am a better person for having known you.

We have much to be proud of in this family that we have built.

Sincerely,
Dawg

Lone Wolf
01-18-2009, 19:56
and thank you for organizing, delegating and running the kitchen and getting the chow out fast and hot

Skidsteer
01-18-2009, 20:03
I second that. Amazing food and astonishing effeciency.

Hooch
01-18-2009, 20:04
To Dawg and the rest of the Chow Hall Gang at the Ruck, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys serve it up fresh, hot and delicious every time. We couldn't have the Ruck without the efforts of the kitchen crew to feed everyone there, so thanks again!!

Bulldawg
01-18-2009, 20:21
and thank you for organizing, delegating and running the kitchen and getting the chow out fast and hot

I second that. Amazing food and astonishing effeciency.

To Dawg and the rest of the Chow Hall Gang at the Ruck, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys serve it up fresh, hot and delicious every time. We couldn't have the Ruck without the efforts of the kitchen crew to feed everyone there, so thanks again!!

Yeah, what all those folks said!!

Wonder
01-19-2009, 21:48
The food is always great!!!! Thanks you kitchen crew!!!!!!!

(Sly, I guess you're an alright guy too;))

Bearpaw
01-19-2009, 21:57
SoRuck was just plain awesome, all around. Thanks to EVERYONE who made it happen!

sheepdog
01-19-2009, 22:08
My first ruck, and it was great. Thanks for all who made it happen.

Cool AT Breeze
01-20-2009, 00:16
Ruck was awesome. The food prep and service could not be beat. Anyone that had anything to do with the food, is thanked from the bottom of my stomach.

UpToSomethin
01-20-2009, 00:42
My return to Ruck after a two year absence while exiled far away. It was every bit as enjoyable as I recalled. The presentations and videos were great and the food was ... well just what everyone has come to expect!! But the best part as always was the variety of people that were there! Already looking forward to next year's.