PDA

View Full Version : advice, gear, etc for a youngin

coolnessisuncool
01-19-2009, 18:25
Hey, I am planning a hike in early april with probably 1 or 2 others. im planning on having it around 7-9 days going from around Pine Grove Furnace to around Duncannon PA but i am open for suggestions to different locations throughout PA. I am new to this site and just recently posted but did not really introduce myself. I am 17 and am really looking forward to getting on the trail. I am planning on the this hike to give me experience and practice for future hikes later on in the year and years to come. Any advice on backpacks, gear, etc. and useful tips would reall help me out. Also, are there alot of younger kids on the trail?

Serial 07
01-19-2009, 18:47
have fun!

The Will
01-19-2009, 18:58
Place emphasis on the food you take--variety, quality, quantity. Food is a great additive to the many other joys of wilderness travel.

Wise Old Owl
01-19-2009, 19:01
Welcome to WB you are amongst a great group of folk that have incredible experience and it is solid. Don't forget to search for information as well as ask questions. Enjoy!

coolnessisuncool
01-19-2009, 19:07
Welcome to WB you are amongst a great group of folk that have incredible experience and it is solid. Don't forget to search for information as well as ask questions. Enjoy!
Thanks, this doesnt have to do with what you said, but i live in Downingtown!

Blissful
01-19-2009, 20:21
Welcome. This is the place to be. Do a search on your topics of interest using the search feature, read the articles that are posted, etc. Lots of good info already posted. And get in touch with Kirby through a PM who hiked the trail at your age.

TofuKat
01-22-2009, 22:29
Just wanted to say hey! I'm about 20 minutes from Dtown!

chicote
01-23-2009, 12:45
Serial said it best!