PDA

View Full Version : What are some trails near knoxville that a dog can go on?

mtt37849
01-23-2009, 00:26
I"ve looked just about everywhere and all trails say "no pets". what are some good trails or trails at all for that matter that a dog is allowed on. I have a Weimaraner and she loves to walk/hike and go to the dog park.
Thanks again guys!

Frick Frack
01-23-2009, 00:36
I'm pretty sure Frozen Head near Wartburg allows dogs. You should check out Big South Fork Recreation Area in Onieda too. Be sure to check if it is hunting season 1st. Both of these places are North of KnoxVegas making it an easier trip from Powell. Also I'm sure that dogs are allowed at House Mountain in East Knoxville as I used to take my dog there.

Frick Frack
01-23-2009, 00:39
Oh, and I see people with dogs all the time at Norris State Park but be aware of hunting season there as well. It is close to Powell.

Tennessee Viking
01-23-2009, 00:49
Any part of the AT outside of the Smokies, or any of the Cherokee Forest trails.

State parks due allow dogs in the park as long as they are leashed. I am not sure about the Cumberland Trail since its being deemed as a state park now.

SGT Rock
01-23-2009, 10:31
You can hike in the Slickrock Creek area with a dog. Hit HWY129 south and it is about 5 miles past the NC border.

Kanati
01-23-2009, 12:09
I"ve looked just about everywhere and all trails say "no pets". what are some good trails or trails at all for that matter that a dog is allowed on. I have a Weimaraner and she loves to

walk/hike and go to the dog park.
Thanks again guys!

These are exceptions. No self-respecting ranger would write you a ticket for have your Weimaraner. I have some friends in west/central Ill who have a Weimaraner/black Lab cross. His name is Scoobie. He looks like a black Weimaraner and is soooo loveable.

mtt37849
01-26-2009, 01:16
These are exceptions. No self-respecting ranger would write you a ticket for have your Weimaraner. I have some friends in west/central Ill who have a Weimaraner/black Lab cross. His name is Scoobie. He looks like a black Weimaraner and is soooo loveable.
understand, thanks guys. but what does me having a Weimaraner have to do with a ranger saying anything. Are you saying if i had a mutt or a small toy dog that something would be said.
:cool:

SGT Rock
01-27-2009, 20:47
Actually you should not tempt bringing your dog no matter what the breed is into the park. There are plenty of trails outside the park.