PDA

View Full Version : Under Our Skin- Lyme Research

Inchi
01-27-2009, 11:26
Check out a trailer of a new documentary "Under Our Skin". www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMuVy78fdC8

Downhill Trucker
02-03-2009, 05:01
I have Lyme... actually ruined my section hike from NY to ME. This looks interesting. Fortunately I was diagnosed early and "supposedly" it is in remisssion. The one thing I can tell you is the doctors don't really know much about it. I took almost three years worth of different antibiotics. Tons of tests, and then finally a leading rhuemotoligist told me, "Nobody really knows anything definitive on how to completely cure or treat this disease." That was over ten years ago, and after meeting another person with this disease who had tried many different techniques including overseas treatments, I just gave up. I feel better physically than I did ten years ago, so I'm happy.

To those of you who do not have it be sure to take it seriously. Apparently the earlier you catch it, it is much easier on you. The bullseye rash is extremely distinct.

Hawkwind61
02-05-2009, 19:35
I have/had it. (Also thought to be in remission...possibly not though due to 'new' health issues.)

I did not have the bulls-eye rash. I thought my fibromyalgia had gotten out of hand again. My doctor realized what was going on due to my symptoms.