PDA

View Full Version : Budget Inn Reduced Rates & Updates

Ron Haven
01-28-2009, 00:14
When we were ask by the trail guide book editors our hiker motel rate back around Sept 2008 for the year of 2009 we had a small increase in motel rates to off set the fuel prices for all the free scheduled shuttles we do.
As of 2008 we were spending between $120 to $140 daily on diesel for the bus and gas for 3 vans not to mention the vehicle upkeep,tags,permits and insurance.Because of the gas prices going back down we are going to use the same rates that we did last year as long as the fuel will cooperate at this level.

Our last year hiker rate was $35 for one person and $5 ea for each additional guest up to 4 person max per room by state law.We will still be running schedule 2 free runs in the bus to Winding Stair,Rock,and Wallace Gaps each morning back to Budget & Sapphire Inn only.We run a shuttle in the afternoon going other places in town.

Vans to pick up a few guest at a time coming into Budget or Sapphire Inn in the evening.We will also come to pick up hikers that are Budget or Sapphire Inn guest year around to fit your schedule if you call us in advance.828-524-4403

Also we run a town shuttle to the post office,outfitter,grocery store and WalMart or Kmart in the evenings starting at 4pm from Budget Inn & Sapphire Inn.We no longer stop at laundries due to us installing washers and dryers at Budget Inn.Sapphire Inn guest can use them too.We even offer free washing powders.There is no need to go to the library for internet use.We have computers in both motels with wireless wifi service installed for faster connection.

In the mornings we go directly back to Winding Stair,Rock And Wallace Gaps.Sorry but we don't make any other stops while en route to the trailhead returns.To keep our schedule we are strict about this,no exceptions.

We also except and hold your mail drops free at Budget Inn 433 E Palmer Street Franklin,NC 28734 any other comments or questions we can help you with let us know and Welcome to Franklin,NC
:welcome

Cool AT Breeze
01-28-2009, 01:10
Ron, that's awesome. Nobody else seems to notice that gas has come down.

Ron Haven
01-28-2009, 01:33
Ron, that's awesome. Nobody else seems to notice that gas has come down.Those of you that know me as you do know I always try to be as fair as possible.We have actually lowered our longer distance shuttle rates too.

Nearly Normal
01-28-2009, 01:44
Ron,
Thanks for all you do for the hiking community.
NN

Red Hat
01-28-2009, 09:42
Prices are about half what they were this time last year. However, they are creeping back up, slowly but surely. I know you want to be fair, but you may need to rethink by the time the herd gets to Franklin around April.... $40 is still a fair price.

KG4FAM
01-28-2009, 10:43
Ron, you are a good man.

Blissful
01-28-2009, 12:41
Thanks for everything, Ron. You do a great service to hikers. I told a gal who is planning her thru she had to stop in Franklin (it was not on her itinerary).

Ron Haven
01-28-2009, 12:51
Prices are about half what they were this time last year. However, they are creeping back up, slowly but surely. I know you want to be fair, but you may need to rethink by the time the herd gets to Franklin around April.... $40 is still a fair price.I may have to raise the rate if gas and diesel gets out of hand again but I want to do everything I can to help the hikers save a dollar.

I thank all of you for the nice comments.I know many are on a shoe string budget to start with and it will help get another meal on up the trail if I can knock off a few bucks while the hikers are in Franklin.

dperry
01-28-2009, 14:07
Prices are about half what they were this time last year. However, they are creeping back up, slowly but surely. I know you want to be fair, but you may need to rethink by the time the herd gets to Franklin around April.... $40 is still a fair price.

On the other hand, gas inventories have exploded recently. If the economy doesn't pick up soon, people are going to have to slash prices, if for no other reason than to make room in the storage tanks.

That being said, $40 is far more than a fair price given all the services Ron provides.

Jeff
01-28-2009, 18:23
Ron,

Your reputation as a service provider to the hiking communty just keeps growing and growing. Any decision on your hostel ideas discussed earlier?

Ron Haven
01-28-2009, 19:20
Ron,

Your reputation as a service provider to the hiking communty just keeps growing and growing. Any decision on your hostel ideas discussed earlier?Yes we are moving forward on the hostel and when I announce who I think will be running it I think it will be great.:) I try friends to help any way I can and still feed the wife and kids.