PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days - new theme

Local
01-30-2009, 14:06
A new theme has been chosen for Trail Days 2009. The theme will be -

"Give Back to the Trail."

The original idea, "Give Something Back," came from Victoria “Possum” Voight (2006 thru-hiker, ATC volunteer).

The modified and accepted version came from Sneaky, 1997 SOBO thru-hiker, and a Damascus resident.

On the Trail Days website we would like to recognize those groups and individuals who have given back to the trail. Please send a brief description of a group or individual you would like to recognize, no more than a short paragraph please, to this e-mail: rswebsites @ gmail.com. (Remove the spaces.) Include one photo if possible, no more than 200 kilobytes, in a .jpg format. We'll create a separate section on the website to recognize these individuals and groups.

local
www.traildays.us (http://www.traildays.us)

Local
01-30-2009, 14:09
We are requesting original art work to illustrate the theme of Trail Days 2009, "Give Back to the Trail."

Art should be in two colors, and assume the third color will be the color of the shirt. Information on the proposed logo for this year should include the following:

Appalachian Trail Days
May 2009
Damascus, Virginia
Give Back to the Trail

Entry should be sent to "Tuesday" <damascusclerk AT embarqmail.com> in a .jpg format of printable quality.

Remove the spaces and replace the AT with @.

On this page, http://www.traildays.us/photos.html, you can see a photo collage which is 900 pixels wide by 267 pixels high. The submitted graphic should be approximately that size or scalable to that size, or roughly 3 to 1 or 3 to .9. We'll need a high quality image for printing t-shirts and the brochures.

The winning entry will be awarded $200. Deadline for entries is February 23rd. We are hoping this year for a more artistic rendering of the theme, without the sharp edges of past themes.

Rockhound
01-30-2009, 14:15
I "hope" the "change" in themes will make everyone happy.

Gaiter
01-30-2009, 14:16
I did like theme chosen first, but I'm glad that the new one is still in the spirit of volunteering, especially since it is a theme being revived in our country

CaseyB
01-30-2009, 14:18
Side note...who is Sneaky? I think I know from the year you listed, but I'm not sure.

Local
01-30-2009, 14:36
Side note...who is Sneaky? I think I know from the year you listed, but I'm not sure.

She lives near you. You could not keep up with her when she goes jogging. You would need to ride your bike.

ofthearth
01-30-2009, 14:38
:welcomeLocal, great way to solve a problem and get the job done. Good:welcome work.

Gaiter
01-30-2009, 19:14
is there a specific size height to width ratio

johnnybgood
01-30-2009, 22:24
Congrats ! problem solved...and the beating of the dead horse can cease. :rolleyes:

Local
01-30-2009, 22:40
is there a specific size height to width ratio

Left that out. Thanks for noticing this. On this page, http://www.traildays.us/photos.html, you can see a photo collage which is 900 pixels wide by 267 pixels high. The submitted graphic should be approximately that size or scalable to that size, or roughly 3 to 1 or 3 to .9. We'll need a high quality image for printing t-shirts and the brochures.

Tin Man
01-30-2009, 23:54
Here's my entry...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_fd2vj3z5SFk/SYPLUjn9aEI/AAAAAAAAA10/2MWle5b404w/s640/GIVE%20BACK%20TO%20THE%20TRAIL.jpg

Smile
01-31-2009, 01:14
Nice new theme, great way to move forward ! :)
Specs for the graphics?

Lone Wolf
01-31-2009, 10:38

elise

Lone Wolf
01-31-2009, 10:59
A new theme has been chosen for Trail Days 2009. The theme will be -

"Give Back to the Trail."

The original idea, "Give Something Back," came from Victoria “Possum” Voight (2006 thru-hiker, ATC volunteer).

The modified and accepted version came from Sneaky, 1997 SOBO thru-hiker, and a Damascus resident.

On the Trail Days website we would like to recognize those groups and individuals who have given back to the trail. Please send a brief description of a group or individual you would like to recognize, no more than a short paragraph please, to this e-mail: rswebsites @ gmail.com. (Remove the spaces.) Include one photo if possible, no more than 200 kilobytes, in a .jpg format. We'll create a separate section on the website to recognize these individuals and groups.

local
www.traildays.us (http://www.traildays.us)
give back to your country. i served. i owe nothing to "the trail" :)

fehchet
01-31-2009, 17:11
give back to your country. i served. i owe nothing to "the trail" :)

Huh?

Gaiter
03-11-2009, 23:38
when will the logo winner be announced/decided?

Local
03-12-2009, 22:20

Should be next week sometime. You can contact the town clerk, Tuesday (that's her name) from the www.damascus.org (http://www.damascus.org) contact page. I'll probably post something here around next Friday.

BAG "o" TRICKS
03-13-2009, 12:10
Official Billville theme for this years TD's is 'Duct Tape'

Lugnut
03-13-2009, 17:11
Will Red Green be hosting?

Jester2000
03-16-2009, 18:23
Nah. I'll be hosting, as usual. All members and other assorted trash should make something out of duct tape. This, by the way, is not the theme of the Useless Gear Contest. The theme for that is, as always, "uselessness."

I'm gonna make Lone Wolf a big duct tape Tin Man costume.

Local
03-22-2009, 14:30

The logo winner this year is Lindy Bazner of Abingdon, Virginia. Lindy's design recognizes the individual trail maintaining clubs along the AT, and will be used on this year's t-shirt and brochure. The front of the shirt has a representational listing of the trail and clubs, and the back of the shirt will have each club separately listed. Backpacker Magazine provides these shirts for the Town of Damascus to sell, to help offset the costs of Trail Days.