PDA

View Full Version : Bigfeets?

pvtmorriscsa
05-02-2004, 14:42
Howdy all,
I know this may seem strange, but I was wondering if any of y'all had a spotted any bigfeets? You know Sasquatch, Yeti, or whatever the current PC term is for them. I only ask because we get a fair amount of sitings in SE Ohio, in an area that is called the "foothills" of the Appalachians. I know it seems crazy, but I was just wondering.

Streamweaver
05-02-2004, 17:22
The only place you wont have bigfoot sightings is in the dry counties.

SGT Rock
05-02-2004, 17:26
Try searching the photo section using yeti as a search criteria.

Lugnut
05-03-2004, 00:29
I've met Sasquatch '02 and Trail Yeti, same year. but I suspect Lone Wolf is the one you're really looking for. ;)

pvtmorriscsa
05-03-2004, 01:04
I get the feeling you all are jerking my chain.

Streamweaver
05-03-2004, 01:14
Oh land-o-goshun no! Tell us,whatever did give you that idea-do!

Chappy
05-03-2004, 01:26
I get the feeling you all are jerking my chain.

I'm not. I saw two bigfeets on the Freeman Trail that goes around Blood Mountain in Georgia. Those feet had to be size 15! :D

pvtmorriscsa
05-04-2004, 13:15
Howdy All,
I had a feeling my original post would bring the jokes, and I do not mind. I would be making them too if someone else had asked. All kidding aside. I know many people do not believe in the existence of big-furry hominids walking around the American Wilderness. Course many people did not believe in the Panda until it was "discovered" early in the 20th century. Or more recently the snow leopard, which was thought to be a myth, then "discovered" in the Himalayas.
So if anyone has any information on the subject and possible sitings at, near or on the AT, I would appreciate it.
As an aside, if you want to see some really big feet you should check out my nar-do-well brother in law. I swear his shoes are like 24 inches long.

Chappy
05-04-2004, 17:00
Good to know we have a new guy who can take the ribbing. Welcome.
I'm kinda new here myself and just trying to learn more about thru hiking. I usually don't make light of posts...just couldn't resist. Glad you understand. :)

Ramble~On
05-06-2004, 02:14
Yeah. I want to know too. I am also looking for Unicorn. There have been plenty of very cold nights this past winter. A nice, warm and snuggly female BigFoot could have kept me from shivering. I will keep my eyes out for a BigFoot. If I see one I will let you know. :-? Come to think of it......with the right Bigfoot......I wouldn't have to carry my sleeping bag anymore......and with the right blend of trail mix maybe I wouldn't have to carry my pach either.:jump

Ramble~On
05-06-2004, 02:16
Hmm. I got sooooo excited thinking about a female Bigfoot Sherpa that I spelled pack wrong.:rolleyes:

Streamweaver
05-06-2004, 13:02
I prefer a bumble myself, cause bumbles bounce!! <(8o) Streamweaver

pvtmorriscsa
05-06-2004, 14:42
Howdy all,
So I have done some surfing on the web. I have found that there are big furry hominid sightings in almost all the states that the AT runs through. Some are even faily close to the trail itself, althought I have not found any posted on any sites that are put up by AT hikers.
Personally I am on the fence about the whole subject, having not seen anything like that myself. Although I am open minded enough to believe that we homo sapiens don't know everything.
So I guess I will continue my websurfing.

papa john
05-08-2004, 08:19
In the mid seventies when we lived in Great Falls, MT. there were sightings quite regularly. These were reported in great detail in the local paper. I remember one incident in particular.

A man was driving south on the main highway just south of town and he noticed several people out in a field, at about the same time he also noticed a large hairy man-like creature standing a short distance away from them. It appeared to be watching them. They were unaware of the creature's presence. The man in the car stopped, got his pistol and headed out into the field to investigate at the same time hollering to the people in the field. Upon hearing the man's voice the creature turned and fled the scene. The footprints left and the stride of the footprints would indicate a creature over 7 ft tall. He was not able to get close enough to take a shot and the thing quickly disappeared.

Goon
05-10-2004, 14:23
Don't forget about the Lizard Man of South Carolina.

http://www.weirdnj.com/__weirdus_stories/SC_lizardman.html

okpik
05-10-2004, 16:25

Streamweaver
05-10-2004, 18:12
LOL Silver and gold,silver and gold... <(8oO

eyahiker
05-16-2004, 08:43
http://paranormal.about.com/cs/creaturesweird/a/aa092903.htm

Check out that site's 'slide show'

Kinda ODD that no sightings in the AT states? Maybe because the AT lies fairly 'close' to civilization in many areas..........and lots of US out there as well.:-?

Personally, I suppose it is possible that creatures like this exist - but are not to be feared. They obviously have no interest in harm since no one has been reported killed by any of them, and they all seem to run a whole lot faster than us.......we'd be easy prey.

Don't sweat it - enjoy the hike!:clap

Here's a great trick of the eye bigfoot/hairy man sighting - but don't these come anyway after a 30+ mile day and lack of grub??:jump
http://paranormal.about.com/library/blcontest9.htm