PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful weather in PA!

JF2CBR
02-01-2009, 15:13
Today was a nice change of pace with the day time highs climbing out the bitter and bouncing somewhere around 50 degrees with bright sun and blue skies!

I got in a pretty kickass 5 miler and really enjoyed myself on the first hike of the year for me. I can't wait to get out for more miles when the weather breaks for spring.

Any one else take advantage of the NorthEast warmth?

Yahtzee
02-01-2009, 15:16
Where did you hike? Stuck in Philly wishing I could be home and on Peter's Mt. right about now.

JF2CBR
02-01-2009, 15:23
Trough Creek State Park in South Central Pennsylvania. Brumbaugh Trail Loop.

buff_jeff
02-01-2009, 15:27
Yeah, it was beautiful in Pittsburgh today also. Too bad I don't any means to get to a trailhead. :o

emerald
02-01-2009, 15:27
Today was a nice change of pace with the day time highs climbing out the bitter and bouncing somewhere around 50 degrees with bright sun and blue skies!

Any one else take advantage of the NorthEast warmth?

Thank you for reminding me I should clear my pavement rather than post.:sun

Once I worked myself warm, I stripped down from the waist up to partake of some pre-emergence basking and collect my fair share of vitamin D the way Nature intended. Pavement now clear!:)

jamarshall
02-01-2009, 15:51
Went stomping around in the woods for an hour or so, still lots of snow in Central PA, but the warm air was great! Now back to planning my spring section hike - anyone know what the ice storm did to the trail in MASS?

Scaper
02-01-2009, 16:14
62 degrees hear in Linden. Snow and ice melting fast. Every year hikers who start there thru-hike in Jan. are complaning about the 90 degree temps. the first warm day in there hike when actually its only 65-70 degrees there bodies have just adjusted to the very cold temps.

ki0eh
02-01-2009, 22:28
Three of us were out today chain sawing and brushwhacking an off-road relocation of the PA Mid State Trail in Bedford County, just south of its highest point. Snow melted from about 5 cm to 2 cm over the three hours we were out. We could have been blazing!

ki0eh
02-01-2009, 22:33
Trough Creek State Park in South Central Pennsylvania. Brumbaugh Trail Loop.

WONDERFUL place to be out! Huntingdon County seems to me to have the best assortment of hiking trails in the entire State. (Followed closely by Tioga. :D )

brianos
02-03-2009, 22:43
And today it was sub-freezing & snowing most of the day! Enjoyed a great day of skiing with my kids at Jack Frost. Day-dreamed of AT-hiking while driving through the Lehigh Tunnel. The mountains were beautiful with a fresh layer of snow!