PDA

View Full Version : Trash situation on Bear branch road---update

geoffrey morris
05-04-2004, 00:25
Hi everyone,thought I would update the original post. Sounds like you all are more worried about drugs rather than trash.Anyway, the trash----I had been picking up the bags of trash nearly everyday(always plastic white grocery type) and then the perpetrator began to include syringes with needles on them.Definitely poses a biological Hazard and done to intimidate hikers and maintainance people. I e-mailed the local USFS agents and they are getting more interested in doing something about this trail-trasher.They(USFS) came and cleaned the trail ,confirmed that needles where among the contents of the trash, but no evidence linking to anyone.A day later there it was the white grocery bag filled with the same stuff.Didn't see any needles in this one though.Glad for that but exspect to see them again.
So what now? We do now have a suspect and I hope it will lead to more and harder proof. Hopefully it won't long until we have some video and eyewitnesses. Get this? This guy that I think is responsible, I observed him on his way out of his house to his truck .On his way to work about 3:10pm. He was carring two item,one in each hand. In one he has his lunch box and in the other is a small white plastic grocery bag,hum?Yea "so what" you might say, but it gets even better. This guy walks to his truck and opens the driver's door and put his lunch in the seat.And then goes around to the passenger's door and puts the bag of trash in the floor. Why not the bed?uh? It's a truck!? I guess he going to eat the trash for lunch as well? You know it's tuff to throw the bag out the window as he drives past the trail if it's in the bed.He's a redneck ******* but still not stupid enough to stop and get out to clean out the bed onto the trail. Well I think, due to his predictabilty, we should be able to gather evidence to build a case.A federal case/THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs. white tennessee trash. Hopefully we will be able to get this guy with something more than just littering ,some hibitual offence charge ,maybe a bio terror act? Let's make an example of this guy,big fine,jail time and layer fee. This guy has motive too... The trail was the reason a certian surface mine was closed down.This guy lost his job at the mine.I'm sorry, but he's got work else where now. I'll keep you posted as to the progress.
Sencerly,
Geoffrey Morris

warren doyle
05-11-2004, 13:18
If only we could hold our white corporate, military, and government trash so accountable!

"A poor man's sins Lord, can't you see?
Are tragic fruits of a poisoned tree."
Don West

Streamweaver
05-11-2004, 13:34
geoffrey morris-So you saw some guy getting into his truck with a white bag in his hand ?? How do you know for sure whats in the bag?? Maybe the reason he put it in the cab was because it wasnt trash at all.Ever think of that?? Id watch my ass if I was you!! Going around video taping people and making accusations without proof is just asking for a buttload of trouble!! And personally Im tired of hearing this white trash redneck **** ,just because you dont like the way somebody looks!!! Even if it is the right guy ,hes liable to get away with it because of you screwing around instead of letting the law do its job! Streamweaver

Reverie
05-11-2004, 14:59
Warren

What aspect of being in the Government, Military or Corporate environment automatically puts you in the category of trash? Just wondering.

Reverie

Alligator
05-11-2004, 16:37
If only we could hold our white corporate, military, and government trash so accountable!

Quite an ignorant, prejudiced statement Warren. If you need to talk to a government worker about accountability, I live right across the street from Concord College, come see me in October. We can talk about service to the public, dedication of government workers and military service folks, and your use of the word trash to describe said people.

Geoffrey Morris, while I support your efforts to find the perpetrator, you should also tone it down a little, ease up on the folks from TN.

Chappy
05-11-2004, 20:39

"A poor man's sins Lord, can't you see?
Are tragic fruits of a poisoned tree."
Don West

Well, Mr. Doyle, I've stayed out of all previous posts regarding your escapades as a law breaker...but now feel compelled to say that this is one "military trash" who proudly serves so you can have the right to say stupid things! One other thing...people who say stupid things are usually just that - stupid. Have you ever thought that if it wasn't for "military trash" you might not be able to say the things you say or do the things you do? Who knows, you might even be speaking German, Japanese, Spanish, French...or maybe not at all! Please enjoy your freedom today.

stormin norman
05-12-2004, 07:10
Well said Chappy. As former "military trash" I agree completely with what you have said. Without those of us who have proudly served, all of us would not have the freedoms we enjoy today. For those who have never worn the uniform, please keep your opinions regarding those of us who have to yourself.

Reverie
05-12-2004, 08:55
I can't decide what saddens me more, disdain for the military, government, and business or someones ethnicity being casually insulted. Please note that it isn't just any government, military or business people, it seems like it is only WHITE government, military or business people that don't meet with his approval. It seems like political correctness extends only to the protected few but anything that doesn't meet some sort of popularity contest sniff-test is fair game for public derision.

By the way, I do have a vested interested here. I'm retired Air Force, My wife works for a defense contractor and I work now in private business. I'm not white, though. More of a an off-white/olive sort of hue.

Reverie

papa john
05-12-2004, 09:00
I, too am ex-military and my wife is a Federal employee who gives 120% to her job. I am insulted by these remarks from the so-called tolerant left.

Brushy Sage
05-12-2004, 10:24
I'm retired military too -- and have also worked in a grocery store, a cotton mill, Railway Express, the White Sands Missile Range, and the Chicago Transit Authority as a trainman on the Lake Street El (now the Green Line). As I have gotten older, I've been trying to get rid of the trash in my life, but it seems there is always more than I can give away. So I have been learning to accept it as a legitimate part of my life, and I find that is a lot more fun. Gotta think of a better term for it, though. Maybe treasure.

Blue Jay
05-12-2004, 10:46
I'm retired military too -- and have also worked in a grocery store, a cotton mill, Railway Express, the White Sands Missile Range, and the Chicago Transit Authority as a trainman on the Lake Street El (now the Green Line). As I have gotten older, I've been trying to get rid of the trash in my life, but it seems there is always more than I can give away. So I have been learning to accept it as a legitimate part of my life, and I find that is a lot more fun. Gotta think of a better term for it, though. Maybe treasure.

Hey, stay on topic. This is the "I'm really mad at Warren because he said something really really mean" thread. :banana

Brushy Sage
05-12-2004, 11:15
Hey, stay on topic. This is the "I'm really mad at Warren because he said something really really mean" thread. :banana

I used to stay on topic most of the time. I was pretty dull back then!

chief
05-12-2004, 12:29
Well said Chappy. As former "military trash" I agree completely with what you have said. Without those of us who have proudly served, all of us would not have the freedoms we enjoy today. For those who have never worn the uniform, please keep your opinions regarding those of us who have to yourself.

First you tell us we have freedoms because of your service. Then you say, keep your opinions to yourself. Guess you consider yourself some kind of hero, huh "stormin norman"? You did the job, which the taxpaying trash hired you to do. Now get over yourself!

okpik
05-12-2004, 13:45

stormin norman
05-12-2004, 14:36
Chief,

Make sure you get your facts straight before you open your mouth about those who protect our nation. I volunteered to serve my country and was not hired by taxpaying trash as you seem to think. As far as being a hero, I am just a normal guy who takes pride in the fact that I served my country. As far as your other comment, make sure when you quote someone that you get it right. I said "For those who have never worn the uniform, please keep your opinions regarding those of us who have to yourself."

Thanks okpik!

Reverie
05-12-2004, 14:37
Guys, we need to calm down. I never met ANYONE in the military in my entire career that thought they were some sort of hero. I did meet a few heros that wouldn't call themselves that. This being said, everyone is entitled to express their opinions, even if we find it distasteful. That even goes for Warren. I was simply a little burned by seeing anyone villified for having the misfortune to have been born white, or employed by the military, civil government service or private business. I guess the only two areas of employment Warren values are either volunteer or self-employed (I guess if you are white and either a volunteer or self-employed you would still be worthy of disdain). Oh wait, I failed to include one other category, that would be unemployed.Reverie

chief
05-12-2004, 16:05
s. norman, you're not gonna tell us you volunteered without pay or benefits, are you? you guys in uniform ultimately work for a civilian commander who works for the taxpayers. what's wrong with those facts? heck, i'm just saying we all make choices of how we support ourselves, our families and our country. sure you should be proud, i'm proud, but the idea that those of us who didn't/don't wear a uniform should keep our opinions to ourselves, is just un-american. btw, i quoted directly as anyone can see.

okpik, your post speaks volumns, but not about me.

okpik
05-12-2004, 16:05

chief
05-12-2004, 16:07
Norm,
Chief's got a bug up his ass because he has done alot of work in militarized zones and never got any fan fair. (look him up on rock's site) I had this same beef with him over there.

Hey Chief, How do say get over yourself in latin? :-?
now it's my turn. go **** yourself, okpik.

okpik
05-12-2004, 16:08

funkyfreddy
05-12-2004, 19:35
Wow, a thread about trash sure got the flies buzzing, didn't it? Perhaps we should learn to qualify things a little better around here. Maybe use the words "some but not all" or maybe just "some". For instance, "some" white people are trash as are some black people. Some government employees are trash also, but certainly not all of them.

For instance, Warren Doyle wrote - "If only we could hold our white corporate, military, and government trash so accountable!" Words written with a broad brush, makes you wonder..... the last time I checked I thought Warren was white. Is he doing a Mchael Jackson on us, getting darker while Michael gets lighter? Perhaps if Warren had written "If we could only hold some of our corporate, military, and government trash so accountable!", his post would have been much less inflammatory, just by deleting the word white and adding some. Small changes make a big difference, don't they?

Perhaps Warren wants to be inflammatory, though, I don't know him. Perhaps he is a disciple of chaos and likes to get people buzzing. If so he's succeeded, hasn't he?

Warren might like to visit my neighborhood sometime. Then he would quickly realize that it's not just white people that have a problem with trash. Here in Queens we get garbage from all colors, creeds, and ethnicities. His post doesn't bother me very much though as I've lived with politically correct hypocrisy for the past 20 years here in NYC. Yawn..............

Believe it or not, I used to think people who had thruhiked the AT were wiser, more balanced, more in tune, and more spiritual than the rest of us.That was before I came upon this forum, of course. :D

Brushy Sage
05-12-2004, 20:28
Believe it or not, I used to think people who had thruhiked the AT were wiser, more balanced, more in tune, and more spiritual than the rest of us.That was before I came upon this forum, of course. :D[/QUOTE]

Maybe just more human; it takes all kinds!

geoffrey morris
05-12-2004, 22:54
Yo streamweaver, I guess some video would shut your ass up.Oh, I guess your against using video.You act as if it's against the law for me to video the crime as it happens. The law,what a joke. Maybe the USFS will help with the situation,maybe!
As far as to who is white trash,If you dumped old gas and trash into the creek in your front yard you'd be trashy scum in my book.Thats right I saw him do that! Hey stream' maybe you need to stub your toe on a dirty needle while hiking. I suppose you wouldn't mind if some red neck s.o.b. trashed the trail everyday.What do you care? You can't see it from your place.Stream,would you want to wade through ankle deep trash on your hike? Maybe that's like a walk through your house.As a hiker you are supposed support keeping the trail clean.Why would you have a problem with that?Maybe you should get out of your truck and pick up some trash along the roadside or along the trail.I do almost everyday or two. I guess you would rather let it pile up for a few months? As far as if this is the guy that trashing the trail,time will tell.

eyahiker
05-13-2004, 08:23
I think this is a great forum to post issues like this one when it is referring to the AT, let's stay on the subject, skip the name calling and attempt to deal with the issue at hand.
The facts as I get them....
1) a guy is trashing an area of AT trail
2) He is also trashing it with 'hazardous' waste such as syringes
3) The eyewitness, a fellow hiker is pissed and frustrated that he has not been stopped, punished, warned, etc.

How about propose some organized options for your fellow Whiteblaze members to do? Suggestion:

1) Provide us with the contact info to write a letter or drop an email to
2) Provide the exact locations / basic letter to follow so that we can express our thoughts to the authorities who may/may not listen.
3) Leave it up to each of those who read the post whether they want to give any time/effort to doing #1.

Just a thought - maybe I am very black and white- but I know that I find no solutions in trying to handle everything myself when those around me may be willing to help out in some way. :jump

Jaybird
05-13-2004, 09:10
Hi everyone,thought I would update the original post. Sounds like you all are more worried about drugs rather than trash.Anyway, the trash----.......................blaH,blah,blah............. .................................................. .................................................. .blaH,BLAH,BLAH..............................
...........BLAH,blah,blah......................... ................................................
we should be able to gather evidence to build a case.A federal case/THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs. white tennessee trash...............

the "TN trash" comment is totally un-called for...as there is trash on the Trail in every state....i'd bet. (in fact i wuz just in NC shelters & read in shelter-register that over 30lbs of trash was picked up by trail maintainers & hikers @ several shelters just NOBO of GSMNP.

AND...be careful what u wish for...with the PATRIOT ACT in full force....an AMERICAN Citizen can be put behind bars for "any suspicious behavior" associated with terrorism.

Maybe the guy was a terrorist masquerading as a hiker??????? ;)

warren doyle
05-13-2004, 13:01
Funky Freddy (post #21),
That was a good suggestion, so...

"If we could only hold some of our corporate, military, and government trash so accountable!"

Alligator
05-13-2004, 13:45
Funky Freddy (post #21),
That was a good suggestion, so...

"If we could only hold some of our corporate, military, and government trash so accountable!"

If we could only hold you accountable for your bigoted comment. Injecting race into this thread was totally unnecessary. You completely lack the grace of admitting when you have done something wrong. That's why people so love to bash you. But then again, it's obvious that you enjoy the attention, sort of a masochistic troll.

geoffrey morris
05-13-2004, 14:57
:-?

Hi Warren, I didn't have any trouble understanding what you ment the first time.Seems the you touched a nerve.They sure got insulted easly.They acted as if you called everyone trash.Sounds like thier just sitting there waiting for something to go off about.

Thank you eyahiker for your understanding.It's nice to see that someone cares.I'll give you the info at a later time.I think that I posted most of that info already.

Jaybird, how's this sound instead? Trail trashing,hiker hating ,white trash red neck scum from TENNESSEE?I live in Tennesse too, so don't give me this crap.The state of Tennessee is one of the worst states for pollution and with this "Can't see it from my place" attitude it's no wonder we get branded as "TN trash" . WOW, So you saw some trash being picked up,let's pin some metals on you.(30lbs-I guess you weighed it on the scales you carry with you). Did you even help?Or did you say "better them than me"? I'm sure that trash is a problem in lots of places,but I can only do something about where I live and when I have opportunity to do so. I personally clean the trail(same location) at least once a week,if not everyday or two. Usually enough trash to fill a large trash can(if I can stand to look at it all week long).You would prefer that I leave it for you? Personally I get sick of seeing it everytime I drive by the trail. Maybe you and STREAMWEAVER can both stub your toe on one of those dirty needles that this "TN TRASH" ass keeps tossing onto the trail. Hows about some AIDS or hepatitis to enhance your hiking experience? Let me ask you this, if someone was using dirty needles to terrorize hikers and to discourge people from cleaning up the trash,wouldn't this be a bio-hazard terror threat? How could it not be?So up your "blah,blah,blah" ass.I need an icon for the middle finger!!!

eyahiker
05-13-2004, 22:38
Wow. I was under the impression that something needed to be done and this was a thread for that....:confused: Getting too hot in here for me folks, nothing being accomplished and just a bunch of anger, I'm outta here.
Still love all you guys though:clap !

REBELYELL
12-12-2006, 14:53
Anyone who puts the term southern redneck in a thread about Tenn. is just trolling.Ya'll took the bait,just watch out for the bash the vets dipnet....ooops too late Just a rednecks observation is all

Lone Wolf
12-12-2006, 15:05
just watch out for the bash the vets dipnet....ooops too late Just a rednecks observation is all

Huh? Say What?:eek:

Jim Adams
12-13-2006, 02:23
come on guys, leave Warren alone. he wasn't thinking clearly....he had a backpack on!

RAT
12-13-2006, 04:51
I am also TN Trash. Hikertrash that is. I guess ever since that TV commercial came out about TN Trash those words come to mind so easily. Not that there isnt plenty of that around these parts but nothing like the commercial or the stereotyping that is associated with it. What part of the trail is this occurring on ? Bear Branch that I know of in TN is in Carter county near the Dennis Cove area just North of Roan Mtn. Definitely some redneck hiker hating TN. Trash to be found there ;) (remember the reason why tho) . I hope they catch them as I do my share of packing out trash from my section and my trailhead ,, (of course some of that comes from other states :) ) and that thirty lbs. of trash was carried out by the maintaining club I belong to. Keep us posted on this situation geoffrey morris and here is something you asked for:
http://guitar-antics.com/smf/Smileys/default/finger.gif

Warren: Shame on you,, what would Sam say ?

Ya'll need to keep those vet remarks toned down a bit or else LW come in here break bad lol Done caused eyahiker to leave it got so hot in here :sun lol (thanks for the love eyahiker :rolleyes: )

RAT (TN. Trash)