PDA

View Full Version : help with bivy bag

cathy
02-04-2009, 15:22
I recieved a Sierra Design Zagori bivy bag for Christmas. In my hurry to open it I failed to noticed how it was folded to get it back into the stuff sack. The problem seems to be that I can't seem to get the wire hoop that hold the netting off your face folded in correctly. I'm not sure how bendable that wire is or how they had it folded in. There wasn't any informantion with this bivy and Sierra Designs hasn't answered my email to them. Any suggestions?

Live the Journey
02-04-2009, 15:31
Although I don't have any experience with that particular bivy, I'd guess one of two things....either the hoop is bendable wire, or it's an independent removable pole. If it's a pole, take it out, break it down, and put it in the stuff sack the same way you'd put tent stakes in the tent stuff sack. If it's a bendable wire, just stuff the bivy into the stuff sack (try not to fold or roll it if avoidable to prevent wear and tear) and the wire will bend itself as you're stuffing it. I hope that helps!

JAK
02-04-2009, 15:38
Sometimes it helps to fold a wire loop into a figure eight, and then a doubled or tripled loop, but don't force it.

Toolshed
02-04-2009, 23:44
My Bivies with hoops are made packable by simply curling the hooped wire around itself into a smaller hoop. follow the curve of the wire (as if you were rolling up a seamstress measuring tape) and make it into a small hoop. I have seen the figure 8's work well also. Take the hoop and twist it in half, back upon itself, it should fold reasdily.

optimator
02-05-2009, 00:07
Cathy, check your PM's. I just had a great experience with SD. I sent you the email addy of the rep that took care of me.

jrwiesz
02-05-2009, 01:03
Cathy, check your PM's. I just had a great experience with SD. I sent you the email addy of the rep that took care of me.

Best response there, e-mail them again.

I was always pleased with Sierra Designs costumer reps. Try another rep.

jrwiesz
02-05-2009, 04:14
Best response there, e-mail them again.

I was always pleased with Sierra Designs costumer reps. Try another rep.

Someone else thought the same.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46139

cathy
02-05-2009, 09:45
OK thanks everyone for the info. I wrapped the wire around itself put that end in the bag and then stuffed the rest in after it. :-) That seemed to work.