PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle to Springer from Daven Port?

Mags
02-04-2009, 15:39
So, I just got off the phone with Curt at Standing Bear. He made the sensible suggestion that parking my truck at the hostel is no problem, but it would be easier if I hiked from Springer to my truck rather than other way around.

Curt said he could shuttle to Springer, but other options may be easier.

I know it is a long shot, but I figure with AT thru-hiking season gearing up it may work: Anyone heading from around the Smokies heading down to Amicalola?

Sidewinder
02-04-2009, 15:48
Mags- what are your dates?

curtisvowen
02-04-2009, 17:04
Hey Sidewinder,
Mags told me he'd be in the area inna about a week. Gear up, load up, 2 days drive then hit the trail.
Just a thought but if there's anyone South of me and North of Springer that's heading that way I could get him to ya.
His other plan was hike South and get out of Springer and back to his car staged here but I couldn't give good advice other then hitch out...

Sidewinder
02-04-2009, 17:15
Curtis- if I'm reading your note correctly that would have him arriving at your place around the middle of next week. That's about three weeks too early for me, I'll be in the Franklin area the first weekend of March could get him to Neels Gap from there. But, that's too long for him to sit around.

curtisvowen
02-04-2009, 18:23
Sidewinder-you read correctly.

Mags
02-04-2009, 18:37
Well thanks for the advice either way. :)

My plan is to start about Feb 12th. I am fairly flexible on the start day, though.

It always works out in the end. :)