PDA

View Full Version : Fort Billville (Trail Days)

Jester2000
05-04-2004, 19:05
Huzzah!
For all the hiker trash out there
Who've been (again) caught unawares
Billville this time's Wild West
(Miss Janet's "ladies" are the best!)

A branding iron and leather chaps?
Sure, you know, if you're into that.
But hats and boots will be just fine
We'll have some Billville Blaze Red Wine.

No contra dance, but maybe a two-step
(As long as we get no bad dance rep)
The theme is Western, am I clear?
(Don't forget your frosty, ice-cold opaque nalgene bottle).

See you all there!
Jester

30seconds2000
05-04-2004, 19:49
I'll be there thursday and friday night. I got my hat and boots and 6 shooter (6-pack?) all ready. I'll have at watch 'Bad Girls', that so-bad-it's-good girlie western with drew barrymore sometime this week.

- 30 seconds

BooBoo
05-05-2004, 04:23
I'll be pulling in sometime on the 12th. I'll be wearing a mexican style poncho and a sombrero. I'll be getting a dozen sombreros when my order gets here 'cause The place I ordered them from only sold them by the dozen. We need to form a sign/banner commitee to make a banner or sign to carry in the hiker parade. YEEE HAH!

BooBoo
05-05-2004, 04:27
Oh yeah I'll bring my Marty Robbins "Gunfighter Ballads and Western Songs tape. I'll also dub a copy of Mexicali Blues(Greatful Dead)

Mountain Dew
05-05-2004, 05:15
The Dryland Crew wil be ready to go come trail days......now where's my toy gun ?

chomp
05-05-2004, 08:38
No costume just yet, but I am working on it. Thinking about stopping off at Grayson and picking me up a pony and ride it down into Damascus. Now that would be arriving in style. Could even brand him with a 2x6 of red tape. Either way, see you all at the fort.

Trail Yeti
05-05-2004, 09:41
I don't think my kilt will match up real well with a cowboy hat....wait a second, who cares? Its Trail Days(daze) no one cares what you look like~

Mountain Dew
05-06-2004, 01:49
I have a donkey that is very nice. How about we dress somebody up and have them ride in the parade on the donkey ? Baltimore Jack, are you up to it ? hahahahahaaaaaa

Jester2000
05-10-2004, 15:50
Might be hard to tell which one is the ass.

chomp
05-10-2004, 16:27
Might be hard to tell which one is the ass.
Might be hard to tell the ass from the head.

Head? Who said head? I'll take some of that... and I did.. and it was good...

Pirate
05-10-2004, 21:11
Cant wait to see Baltimore Jack in a leather thong and spurs wearing a cowboy hat.

Jack Tarlin
05-11-2004, 09:01
I dunno about that, Pirate, from what I hear you're pretty stingy about lending out your wardrobe. Plus, I like my clothes clean on occasion.

smokymtnsteve
05-11-2004, 18:33
that was not my post .....I did not log out here at SIDE TRACK CAFE ....and someone posted under my name ..sorry

Jester2000
05-11-2004, 18:47
I was there that year, and I can say it didn't go down quite like everyone says. Stories have a way of becoming less associated with the facts as the years go by, but we needn't get into a debate over the difference between "dead groundhog in pack" and "ugly woman in pants."

The rest of that post is a bit beyond the "mean" to "funny" ratio normally found in Billville, so I won't comment further on it.

trailangelmary
05-12-2004, 01:54
I was hoping to make it to trail days this year but work got in the way. So I am spending some time this week starting some of my trail magic in Duncannon. I have some new ideas this year. I hope the class of 2004 enjoys.
Sounds like Billville will be a blast as usual. Can't wait to see the pics. Take lots for me, Chomp! ;) :dance :dance

Jack Tarlin
05-12-2004, 15:35
Hi, Steve! Always a pleasure to hear from you. Write again when you're on work release.

Cordially..........Jack

smokymtnsteve
05-15-2004, 20:04
Hi, Steve! Always a pleasure to hear from you. Write again when you're on work release.

Cordially..........Jack

Jack..thanks for letting me know that some one posted under my name...you were right I forgot to log out of whiteblaze here at the side track cafe..

I didn't even know about the dead racoon in your tent...all of that info was new news to me....shocking LOL...see ya in the morning at HARD CORE.

Kozmic Zian
05-15-2004, 21:16
Yea.....Kinda' quiet tonight. Guess everyone's down in D'town doin' the Wild Thing. I wish them all the best and hope everybody has a great time. Maybe next year for me. Had to work. Thanks for the early pix, Rainman. Seein' the faces makes me wish I was there all the worst. Peace and Love to All.....KZ@

smokymtnsteve
05-15-2004, 22:18
there are still folks here at the side track cafe ...which is staying open 24 hours around the clock for trail daze ..and the rain has stopped...thank goodness...the shuttle bus to the campground is still operating...

Jester2000
05-20-2004, 11:08
Just wanted to thank everyone who made Billville what it was at Trail Days, which is to say, excellent.

So thank you:
Billville citizens, hiker trash, RD and all of the law dogs, trail magicians (Mala, Miss Janet, et al), hostel owners, gear reps, and anyone else who stopped by (and a special thanks to those who lent the gruesome images of their posteriors for the contest).

We will post the 2004 Gathering location of Billville once we get that sorted. See you all there!

Lone Wolf
05-20-2004, 11:27
Thanks for letting this drunken, blue-blazin, hiker trash hobo from hell, hang out at your soiree Saturday eve into Sunday. Red Blaze :D Rulz!

Jester2000
05-20-2004, 12:56
Not a problem, Wolf. Blue blazin' trash are always welcome in Billville, none moreso than you. Good talking to you Sat. night, and thanks for the Mountain Dew.

chomp
05-20-2004, 13:25
Agreed - it was fun to have you around. Hopefully we can work out the details so that we can hold the Winter Warmer in Damascus next year.