PDA

View Full Version : CDT Hostel Opportunity

Sly
02-04-2009, 16:31
I just got off the phone with Nean (who doesn't always have computer access) and he's considering taking a job at Mountain Crossings starting in March for a couple months before hiking some of the AT.

He has a house, with small cabin he's been using to host CDT hikers near Pagosa Springs, CO for the last couple years. It's a short distance from a $1 bus line that runs right into, and out of town, 6 times a day.

He needs someone to sub rent the house from March through September. Two bedrooms, living area, kitchen, 1.5 baths and a large storage barn, etc with three acres. It's not like you'll have very many trail guest but it's just an awesome area and a great place to chill. IMO, Pagosa Springs is one of the small best towns in CO with lots of hiking, fishing, night life, and music, including two festivals a year.

I'd do it myself, but I'll be hiking this year. For further details and Nean's email and phone number PM me.

If anyone does it, I'm staking a campsite if I happen to be passing through town as a finders fee.

fiddlehead
02-04-2009, 19:48
Very Interesting.
That is a great hiking town.
Sounds like a great opportunity.

yappy
02-04-2009, 21:25
Yikes ! that does sound fantastic ! I wish I get do it too. neighbor is looking for something sly... check him out. i doubt it but ya never know.

yappy
02-04-2009, 21:27
Actually Da might be interested. he couldn't do it until we finished the Azt though... but he will be homeless.

Rockhound
02-04-2009, 21:50
Blast from the past. I actually lived in Pagosa Springs for one summer. Be interesting to see how much it's grown over the past 15 years. When I was there there were lots of people from CA. OK. TX. moving in, condos, vacation homes going up etc.... On the 1 hand it was sad watching the progress, on the other hand I was in construction at the time so I got over my sadness quickly. I would love to move back but it's not in the cards right now.

Nean
02-05-2009, 17:31
Actually Da might be interested. he couldn't do it until we finished the Azt though... but he will be homeless.
When might that be?
I've had one call from a gentleman who may be interested and would even consider splitting it with another.:-?
Its a pretty big place, easy to get to, lots of trees and privacy and very cheap!:welcome

yappy
02-05-2009, 23:16
HI Nean.. hows' things in sunny Colorado ? Dennis had a great time seeing you guys last summer. I talked with Da today but he has decided he is gonna stay in Vegas... at least for awhile. I might know a couple of other folks... I will let ya know.

Nean
02-13-2009, 16:01
HI Nean.. hows' things in sunny Colorado ? Dennis had a great time seeing you guys last summer. I talked with Da today but he has decided he is gonna stay in Vegas... at least for awhile. I might know a couple of other folks... I will let ya know.
All is well! Think I got things all straight with the place too. :D Yippy was great to have around -- gotta call and see how he's doing.
Small world story: Parked next to a car at the store last night and noticed hiking stickers. :-?Waited a few minutes to meet Simply Seeking.:) They may be looking for a place but.... my friend here took it the day before.:(

fehchet
02-13-2009, 16:07
Well Nean, I was going to chime in. Glad you got it organized.
Sounds like you are doing OK. that guy.

yappy
02-13-2009, 22:40
glad that you have it sorted out..:) dennis is recovering from some frost bite. he was out in -75 up at Prudoe bay. Yuck. Alaska can suck sometimes.

Lion King
02-25-2009, 14:19
DANG!

Wish I could help out Nean!

Would love to be there and chill!

Hope youre well.

freakflyer9999
03-04-2009, 11:04
Nean,

I'm going to be hiking for 2 weeks in the Pagosa Springs area (Pine River/Vallecito Creek and maybe a little of the CDT) during mid July and will need a place to crash/clean up a couple of different nights.

I'd appreciate a bit of info on the cabin that you have available for hikers.

Kenny G.

Just Plain Jim
03-04-2009, 17:27
I remember the hot springs and a really cool western store across the main street from the springs.