PDA

View Full Version : Section Hiker needs Partner

Rowdy Yates
02-05-2009, 11:19
I am a Section Hiker and am planning a section hike from Dennis Cove north to Damascus in July of this year. The dates for this hike are: start on Sunday afternoon 26 July and hike to Laurel Falls Shelter, then proceed north finishing in Damascus, VA on Saturday afternoon 1 August.
I am an experienced hiker, 70 years of age, a pastor in the Free Methodist Church, and have hiked the A.T from Springer to Dennis Cove and Damascus to Johns Creek Valley fire road. I generally average approximately 10 miles per day. IF you would be interested in this hike and time frame, pm me and I'll get back with my email and other info as you may require. THANKS!:D

Katie
03-15-2009, 02:45
Hi Rowdy
Still looking for section hiking partner? I have done sections to Clingman's Dome, and want to go north from there, but if I have to skip some and catch it later, I can do that. My timing is flexible. I am 63 year old female, 25 years backpacking experience, also doing the Colorado Trail. Hiking alone is just not for me, so I am always searching for a hiking buddy.
Katie

Rowdy Yates
03-16-2009, 08:40
Hi Rowdy
Still looking for section hiking partner? I have done sections to Clingman's Dome, and want to go north from there, but if I have to skip some and catch it later, I can do that. My timing is flexible. I am 63 year old female, 25 years backpacking experience, also doing the Colorado Trail. Hiking alone is just not for me, so I am always searching for a hiking buddy.
Katie

:sun PM sent Katie.
"Rowdy"