PDA

View Full Version : Florida was COLD last night!

Miss Janet
02-05-2009, 17:18
I am in Sarasota visiting with Fehchet and camping here in this pretty little place in my big old banana boat van. They all really look at me weird... but then I guess I am.

We went for a nice cold little walk at a Oscar Scherer State. We saw two bald eagles, a huge aradillo, a small wild pig, and Fabian had a blast.

But now I am heading a little farther south. I am still looking to get warm!

Does anyone know anyone down in the Keyes who may have a place that I might park for a day or two?? I am still homeless until the end of the month and after the weather up in Erwin, I am happy to be here!!! But this is a low budget... read "no budget"... so any ideas will help!!

Stay Warm!!!

Miss Janet

cannonball
02-05-2009, 17:34
Stock Island, just before Key West. I stealth parked/camped ther before. Make sure you go down to mallory square for the sunset. Forget Sloppy Joe's, go across the st. to Ricks.

Slo-go'en
02-05-2009, 17:37
I belive there is a campground on one of the keys, a couple down from Largo. Sometimes you can get away with pulling into a side street and park for the night, make it look like your visiting someone.

Just be glad your not in NH or Maine right now, its been down right nippy. Looks like it will be another sub zero night!

Nean
02-05-2009, 17:50
I am in Sarasota visiting with Fehchet and camping here in this pretty little place in my big old banana boat van. They all really look at me weird... but then I guess I am.

We went for a nice cold little walk at a Oscar Scherer State. We saw two bald eagles, a huge aradillo, a small wild pig, and Fabian had a blast.

But now I am heading a little farther south. I am still looking to get warm!

Does anyone know anyone down in the Keyes who may have a place that I might park for a day or two?? I am still homeless until the end of the month and after the weather up in Erwin, I am happy to be here!!! But this is a low budget... read "no budget"... so any ideas will help!!

Stay Warm!!!

Miss Janet
I think you should move to Colorado for the spring/summer!!!!:)

Lone Wolf
02-05-2009, 17:54
Bahia Honda State Park. good camping

Lone Wolf
02-05-2009, 17:55
Bahia Honda State Park. good camping

http://www.bahiahondapark.com/

YoungMoose
02-05-2009, 18:02
I was just watching the news and people saw manataes or something like that. a group of 50 of them were huddled up together to keep warm

generoll
02-05-2009, 20:40
remember this guy? http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=56486. I'm pretty sure he lives in South Florida. He's active in the Florida Trail Assn. and may know of someplace where you could park for free.

Gray Blazer
02-06-2009, 08:19
When you come thru Gainesville on your way back (record setting cold this morning) I'm only 5 mins off I-75. PM me. We should get some of the NFLorida WBers together for dinner or a hike or sumthin.

JojoSmiley
02-06-2009, 08:35
If you could get a hold of Goof, he lives I think on Big Pine Key. If you get to Key West, you can just about park on any street next to the beach without a parking meter overnight.
We are about 60 miles west of I95 and 15 miles east of I75 so please call us when you get close to Ocala. Use Nomad's number 407-319-2550.

Gray Blazer
02-06-2009, 08:50
Sounds like you need to do a North FL driveby.

Grinder
02-06-2009, 09:04
I live in Winter Haven.
Spare room or driveway if and when you need it. Not further south though. Today I'm sorry about that too. (30ish degrees F)

PM me when you get close,"we'll leave alight on for you"

Grinder/ Tom

Lugnut
02-06-2009, 09:44
Fehchet was warm when I saw him 3 weeks ago. Stay put. It will get warmer. I'll trade right now. 20 degrees! :eek:

Gray Blazer
02-06-2009, 09:58
23 in G'ville this morn. It's going to warmup and be really nice the next few days.

Lilred
02-06-2009, 12:58
Janet,
P.M. sent. Have fun!! :)