PDA

View Full Version : Sieera Designs Lightning On Sales $129

Toolshed
02-05-2009, 22:46
Just found this today at Backcountrygear.com.
$129 2008 Model.
http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/tentdetail.cfm?PRODUCTS__ProductID=SD1128

darkage
02-10-2009, 02:11
I like this model alot more than the XT just because its got some privacy left to it ... and the windows feel rather than just surrounded by a bug net ... ... I just bought this tent from another shop at $140 ... I've set it up and checked it out and really like it.

Summit
02-10-2009, 08:00
That's the one I have and it's a very good tent. That's what I paid for it over a year ago (on sale at Altrec.com at the time). Can't beat this tent at that price!

gohawks
02-10-2009, 15:24
What is the acutal weight of this tent. Not the manufacturers weight, but the REAL pack weight (poles, tent, fly, pegs, guy lines, sacks).

I'm curious. I"m seeing manufacturer weights from 4 lbs 5 oz to 4 lbs 15 oz on backcountrygear for pack weight.

darkage
02-10-2009, 15:38
Trail Weight: 3 lbs 15 oz
Total weight of the tent body, fly and poles (does not include the stakes). This is the tents minimal weight.

Packed Weight: 4 lbs 7 oz
Total weight includes everything that comes with the tent when the tent is purchased (less any shipping container): tent body, fly, poles, tent stuff sack, pole sack, stakes sack, stakes, guy lines and tighteners, user manual, and tent pitching instructions.

Fast Pack Weight: 4 lbs 2 oz
Weight of the fly, poles, and Fast Pack Footprint (sold separately) (does not include the stakes).

darkage
02-10-2009, 15:40
Fast Pack Weight: 2 lb. 7 oz.

That prior post on fast pack weight is wrong .. should of looked before i hit enter.

cannonball
02-10-2009, 15:47
I own one and think it is a great tent. You stole it at that price.

gohawks
02-10-2009, 17:20
Trail Weight: 3 lbs 15 oz
Total weight of the tent body, fly and poles (does not include the stakes). This is the tents minimal weight.

Packed Weight: 4 lbs 7 oz
Total weight includes everything that comes with the tent when the tent is purchased (less any shipping container): tent body, fly, poles, tent stuff sack, pole sack, stakes sack, stakes, guy lines and tighteners, user manual, and tent pitching instructions.

Fast Pack Weight: 4 lbs 2 oz
Weight of the fly, poles, and Fast Pack Footprint (sold separately) (does not include the stakes).

Are these the manufacturers weights or verified weights on your own scale?

What I want is the weight of: tent, tent fly, guy lines, pegs, tighteners, poles, sacks. Combined.