PDA

View Full Version : Echo Hill Outdoor School is hiring!!

JohnnyQuest
02-06-2009, 16:36
If you like working with kids and working outdoors, read on...

I'm posting here because I discovered Echo Hill Outdoor School while thruhiking in '05. We currently have 3 thruhikers on staff (which has got to be some kind of record for a business).

I know that there are quality people in the AT community who would be a perfect fit at Echo Hill Outdoor School. We are a non-profit and we primarily work with middle school aged children in a residential setting. They stay at the campus for 5 days living in tents. The campus, set on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, consists of 200 acres of farmland, a 75 acre freshwater-shrub swamp, and a mile stretch of Chesapeake Bay shoreline. You'd be working as a teacher/naturalist teaching kids about the ecology of the Bay and the surrounding land in a hands-on manner. (In other words, we go out on boats, catch fish, and then talk about the parts of a fish as kids are holding and examining them). We also have a challenge course with a rock wall, zipline, Alpine Tower, and more where kids build self-confidence and learn the values of teamwork and leadership.

A sample of classes we offer includes:
Survival
Native American Studies
Swamp Canoe
Adventure
Bay Studies
Orienteering

If this appeals to you, visit:

http://ehos.org/employment/

or call (410) 348-5880 for more info.

Pass this on if you know someone who'd like to work at Echo Hill Outdoor School. Our Spring Season starts March 16th, so we're looking to have people hired ASAP.