PDA

View Full Version : Job Posting for Sundog Outfitter in Damascus

Fullmoon & Piglet
02-07-2009, 14:06
The following is a job listing and job description for Sales Associate positions available at Sundog Outfitter and Adventure Damascus in Damascus, VA. Several positions are available. Please do not respond to this thread or PM.
Thank you. Contact information is listed at the end.

Sales Associate for Adventure Damascus and Sundog Outfitter
Adventure Damascus is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team in beautiful Damascus, Virginia. If you love the outdoors and helping other people enjoy the outdoors then Adventure Damascus and Sundog Outfitter is the place for you.Part to fulltime depending on the season, hourly pay. Variable Rate. Primary responsibilitiesGreet customers in friendly manner and ascertain what each customer wants or needsAnswer questions and schedule bike and shuttle reservations for the Virginia Creeper TrailFill out shuttle schedule and contact sheets with accuracyCheck in bicycle rental and shuttle customers and communicate with Sundog Outfitter Aiding customers in making educated decisions about backpacks, bikes, and other gear.Recommend merchandise based on customer needsAnswering questions about where to use the gear locally.Open and close cash registers. (Counting money, balancing drawer, filling out deposits slips)Execute all transactions on the register (purchases, exchanges, lay-aways,gift certs special orders)Maintaining a clean and organized store (folding t-shirts, organizing merchandise, etc…)General cleaning duties including:sweeping floors, dusting shelves and merchandise & restrooms.Fit customers for rental bikes and help load the trailer with the bikesHelp inventory merchandise and restocking shelves from storage Responsible for opening and closing the store. (Doors, lights, signage)Make suggestions to tourists regarding where to eat, sleep, and other tourist related questionsWatch for theftSkills/requirementsMust be able to work weekendsLove of the outdoorsExcellent communication skills. MUST be able to communicate effectively on the phoneCustomer service skillsBasic computer skillsExperience preferred, but not required with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft WordCapable of lifting up to 50 poundsBasic knowledge about outdoor gear and/or bikesKnowledge of local trails a plusAbility to handle a fast paced environmentHours are somewhat flexiblePlease email or call Paul with any questions. [email protected]
888-595-2453

Apply in person at:
Adventure Damascus128 W. Laurel AveDamascus, VA 24236or by email to: [email protected]

Lone Wolf
02-07-2009, 14:52
i'd apply but i feel i'm way overqualified plus i'm so very busy here in this town as it is :)

fehchet
02-07-2009, 15:29
It looks like a lot of responsibilities -- will there be hiking time?

daddytwosticks
02-07-2009, 15:38
I think I can handle opening and closing the cash register OK. I just figured out our French Doors and we've been in this house for over four years. My wife tells me I do a good job cleaning our bathrooms. I just don't know about the daily commute from Murphy, NC....:)

papa john
02-07-2009, 16:21
I'd go broke eating at Dot's across the street....

No Belay
02-07-2009, 20:26
That sounds like SunDog's job description. Did Steve get a promotion?:confused:

YoungMoose
02-07-2009, 20:30
lol i would but i live in ny and am only 14. anyone no of a outfitters job in lower new york. Worth a try of asking

A-Train
02-07-2009, 20:50
lol i would but i live in ny and am only 14. anyone no of a outfitters job in lower new york. Worth a try of asking

Yes. Tent n Trails is always hiring inexperienced people at 8 bucks an hr. Good luck :rolleyes:

YoungMoose
02-07-2009, 20:52
Yes. Tent n Trails is always hiring inexperienced people at 8 bucks an hr. Good luck :rolleyes:thanks ill look into it

mtnkngxt
02-07-2009, 21:04
May just be the rumor mill.

jrwiesz
02-08-2009, 02:14
General cleaning duties including:..& restrooms.

Dang, only one problem, I don't do toilets!!! :D

Lone Wolf
02-08-2009, 09:08

no. he works at Mount Rogers Outfitters now

hikingshoes
02-08-2009, 10:21
lol,sounds like a good job for me,always wanted to did that type of work.got to be better than a pipefitter job.

restless
02-08-2009, 10:27

Sundog is missing it's Sundog. Steve is back at MRO

No Belay
02-10-2009, 01:24
My Mama used to say "A Sundog Outfitters without a Sundog is no Outfitter at all." She was the smart one in the family.

TaTonka

mtnkngxt
02-10-2009, 03:02
Yep Steve is down with Jeff and Crew at MRO. Was in there the other day and got the news. Thats a pretty unbeatable team if you ask me, which no one did, but thats my .02!

RememberYourZen
02-10-2009, 15:30
I'm currently job hunting..just got my outdoor leadership minor as well as a media degree.

I need a salary paying job unfortunately. Trying to find an asst. manager position in outfitting or outdoor retail.

Would like to eventually work for a big time gear/outdoor clothing manufacturer.

A-Train
02-10-2009, 15:36
I'm currently job hunting..just got my outdoor leadership minor as well as a media degree.

I need a salary paying job unfortunately. Trying to find an asst. manager position in outfitting or outdoor retail.

Would like to eventually work for a big time gear/outdoor clothing manufacturer.

Most assistant manager or even manager positions at outfitters are by the hour and not salaried.

Even working for a reputable gear manufacturer, you may be paid in commission mostly or solely. It's a tough industry to make a buck at, but don't let that stop you if you love it

RememberYourZen
02-10-2009, 15:40
Most assistant manager or even manager positions at outfitters are by the hour and not salaried.

Even working for a reputable gear manufacturer, you may be paid in commission mostly or solely. It's a tough industry to make a buck at, but don't let that stop you if you love it

Yeah because alot of the positions im looking at are out of state im being forced to find a salary paying job. So before I delve deeper into the position I make sure its salary paying..even if its a low salary.

But I do love it. If not this, I'll be doing marketing/advertising or something.

I'm a total gear head though and am truly happy when I can talk to people about the outdoors and everything that goes with it. So that's what I think I should be doing.:o

flemdawg1
02-10-2009, 16:07
Are you sure you want a WBer? Most all of us are supposed to be working now.

bloodmountainman
02-10-2009, 17:35
Are you sure you want a WBer? Most all of us are supposed to be working now.Ditto

vjh
02-10-2009, 22:16
Lone Wolf,
what's up with this? I have been looking for a job in Damascus forever...that is right up my alley...I don't see the job description.

Lone Wolf
02-10-2009, 22:23
Lone Wolf,
what's up with this? I have been looking for a job in Damascus forever...that is right up my alley...I don't see the job description.

post #1. call. talk to paul

vjh
02-10-2009, 22:49
never mind..I found it...
thanks,
vera