PDA

View Full Version : CAPS in thread titles

emerald
02-08-2009, 00:38
Is it possible to force uppercase letters in titles? Sometimes I want to use an acronym in a title, type it and when it displays only the first letter is capitalized.

Oddly, when I previewed this post, it displayed CAPS. Who knows what I'll see when it posts.

People should be aware that thread titles, the post title of the opening post can be edited and they will display as the title of the 1st post, but the original thread title is retained for some purposes.

I was instructed how to modify gallery titles to get them to display as I wish and I no longer have that problem there.

emerald
02-08-2009, 01:10
On second thought, it may not be thread titles with which I'm having a problem, but rather post titles and since this one previewed just fine it may be an intermittent issue.:-?

emerald
02-08-2009, 01:32
Thank you, problem solved.

Pedaling Fool
02-08-2009, 09:21
I've had problems using caps in titles for the photo gallery. Some of my pics have "Gap" in the title, vice "GAP" Great Allegheny Passage.

emerald
02-08-2009, 10:36
When logged in and viewing a gallery image of your own, click on Image Tools then Edit Image. When the Image Title text box appears, key in the text you desire or modify what's already there. I've always been able to effect the changes I desired. I haven't experienced the same success with post titles.

Sly
02-08-2009, 13:06
Not using caps lock may help.

Sly
02-08-2009, 13:07
Thank you, problem solved.

Care to share?

emerald
02-08-2009, 13:27
I wondered if someone was messing with me. After attempting to edit my post title several times without success, I tried spelling out the acronym and followed it with the acronym in parentheses which worked.

I have no idea why, but I was happy with the result (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=773772&postcount=386). Obviously, I'm not hiking at The Pinnacle today, but I'm sure BMECC and their guests are having a great time and had a wonderful breakfast at Kempton Rod and Gun Club.

I should spend more time enjoying their company and assisting them in ways other than posting here. It would be more satisfying interacting with real people rather than those who for me exist only in cyberspace. Much is done here to help new hikers and experienced hikers visiting new places, but it is no substitute for the real thing and I don't mean Coke.

emerald
03-27-2009, 21:50
Another solution I've used to solve the problem appears in this post's title. I saw someone employ it today and thought I'd mention it here.

Inserting spaces between the letters of leading acronyms will cause them all to display as CAPS (upper case).