PDA

View Full Version : boots for foot problem?

beerandpizza
02-09-2009, 12:46
I have sesamoiditis and plan on a thru starting the end of march. i had bought some salomon trail runners but soon realized that those didn't provide near the support i needed to keep that foot from acting up. so, on to boots. however, for the super stiff, mountaineering ones that i need for my foot, the only ones are heavy and goretex. so the question is, do any of u know of a lightweight non goretex shoe with a super stiff sole? I have the montrail torre gtx in my hot little hands right now and spent 40 minutes on the treadmill with them and they feel pretty durn good. i can still take these back though. any other suggestions?

Mr HaHa
02-09-2009, 12:55
Montrail Hardrocks or the high top Namches. Light and stiff. Exellent for pronators.

beerandpizza
02-09-2009, 13:07
Montrail Hardrocks or the high top Namches. Light and stiff. Exellent for pronators.

thanks for the reply...tried those and not nearly stiff enough ;)

Blissful
02-09-2009, 20:38
Do you mean the sole isn't stiff enough or what? Have you gone to a podiatrist to look at this problem also? You might need custom insoles. You don't want this acting up on the trail and ruining your hike.

Tinker
02-09-2009, 20:49
This might help you boot-savvy folks help this guy. I'm a trail runner or sandal hiker who doesn't have this particular affliction.

http://www.foot.com/info/cond_sesamoiditis.jsp

Good luck, friend. :)

Desert Reprobate
02-09-2009, 21:19
I had that same problem years ago. A custom orthodic fixed it right up.

beerandpizza
02-09-2009, 21:21
Do you mean the sole isn't stiff enough or what? Have you gone to a podiatrist to look at this problem also? You might need custom insoles. You don't want this acting up on the trail and ruining your hike.

pretty much. i need a very stiff sole that doesn't mold around rocks when i step on them. Instead of stepping on a rock and having the shoe and therefore my foot mold around the shape of the rock, i need a shoe that will stay rigid and not conform to the rock, root, or whatever. i can go all day on a flat surface in regular shoes but the second i go offroadin' i'm in trouble.

streakerofAT
02-09-2009, 22:12
what was the question