PDA

View Full Version : Journal using a Blackberry help

jcramin
02-10-2009, 12:28
Well thanks to the company I work for and me being in IT my boss told me to go by any Blackberry I want and they will pay for the phone and the service.

So now I want to start a online journal and update it while im in the trails. Mostly it will be short weekend trips.

I am looking for a good journal web site that's easy to use and update from a Blackberry.

Does anyone know of some sites ?

Thanks,
J

beas
02-10-2009, 12:58
trailjournals.com
or you could start a facebook.com acct
heck you are thet i.t. guy

KG4FAM
02-10-2009, 12:59
postholer.com - you can update your journal from email and don't have to go to the website

Quoddy
02-10-2009, 13:37
I used my Blackberry to post both the journal and photos on TrailJournals.com. Very simple where there is any signal at all.

Montana Mac
02-10-2009, 13:41
I used my Blackberry to post both the journal and photos on TrailJournals.com. Very simple where there is any signal at all.
Which model of the Blackberry?

Lucy Lulu
02-10-2009, 14:13
I used a Blackberry Curve 8330. I posted both entries with attached phote directly to www.postholer.com.

Quoddy
02-10-2009, 14:27
Which model of the Blackberry?
I used the 8830 and transferred the hi-res photos via the micro card of my camera. An extra step since my Blackberry didn't have a built in camera, but I had the better photos to keep. BTW, it's actually easier to transfer lo-res directly to TJ's.

jcramin
02-10-2009, 15:00
I really like both Trailjournal and Posthole, but they are both geared towards writing a journal for long trips.

I am looking for something that I can somehow talk about my daily activities that have something to do with hiking and backpacking and then also be able to write journals about my trips which I plan on doing many weekend trips a year.

J

jcramin
02-10-2009, 15:07
Im thinking maybe I need to look more into Blogs instead of Journals for what im trying to do for lots of short trips

J