PDA

View Full Version : Miss J is found

fehchet
02-10-2009, 18:38
I am writing because I sort of went a little ballistic after Janet left my home on Siesta Key several days ago and continued her sojourn to Key West. Well she and Fabian are OK some where in the Everglades. Janet finally got more than one bar for communication. Any way, they have been in one spot for 3 days and will probably stay there until they work their way to Miami.
Janet is doing OK on a hope, lick, and a promise. You should see the van though. That wonderful van that took thousands of hikers to where ever has now been converted to a traveling home for she and Fabian. It is quite nice. The van, of course, has issues but it always did.
I'm sure she still wants to see folks as she continues south from Miami. I did lose the thread she stated just before leaving me. So chime in if you would like.

Jack Tarlin
02-10-2009, 18:40
Great that you're concerned and thanx for helping her out, but Miss J always seems to land on her feet.

Sure hopes she takes good care of my dog, tho. :D

Lilred
02-10-2009, 19:19
Talked to Miss J yesterday or the day before, she may visit my sister in Key West, but phone connection was bad. Haven't been able to reach her since. She has a place to stay if she goes down there.

the goat
02-10-2009, 19:39
happy travels miss j!

Lugnut
02-10-2009, 21:39
Talked to Miss J yesterday or the day before, she may visit my sister in Key West, but phone connection was bad. Haven't been able to reach her since. She has a place to stay if she goes down there.

How old is your sister? Is she married? I'll go!

Bare Bear
02-11-2009, 12:56
One thing about helping out thousands of hikers; Ms Janet has friends everywhere.

Miss Janet
02-13-2009, 01:03
Well I am finally warm... even a little sunburned today!!! I have posted a couple of pictures of me and Fabian from todays hike. Well, it was kinda a hike... we walked all the way around a whole ISLAND... so we will call it a hike. We are in good hands down here and having a great time. Hey, this homeless thing isn't that bad!!

Thank you all for thinking about us while we were in Big Cypress. WOW! That was a great five days. The Everglades are really awesome and it is so much better up in Big Cypress. More remote, fewer cars and people and a whole lot more alligators, birds and awesome sights. Fabian and I have now hiked about 5 miles of the Florida Trail. WHO HOO!! Ok, so we hiked these one miles sections in about 5 places... and I NEVER saw another hiker on the trail.

Heading north in a few days...

Miss Janet
02-13-2009, 01:13
I know there is a better way to link pictures but these are new in my gallery.

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=31461&original=1&c=member&orderby=dateline&direction=DESC&imageuser=460&cutoffdate=-1

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=31462&original=1&c=member&orderby=dateline&direction=DESC&imageuser=460&cutoffdate=-1

Lugnut
02-13-2009, 01:27
So, Fabian took the pictures? Where's one of you:p?

generoll
02-13-2009, 08:41
so, next winter a hostel on the Florida Trail?

Lone Wolf
02-13-2009, 08:47
yeah that's a major destination for trail walkers :)

Smile
02-13-2009, 09:34
You have a great time in FL Miss J! I know that you will succeed with whatever you choose to do! :)