PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days Events

Mausalot
05-10-2004, 11:57
Trail Days will soon be upon us. A link to events is here http://www.traildays.nstemp.com

My movie 2000 Miles to Maine will be screening Thursday at 12 noon at Rock School Auditorium. I hope people can make it.

Cameraman
:dance
To order copies, http://homepage.newschool.edu/~at2k/

Jack Tarlin
05-10-2004, 12:47
The schedule indicates that the Campground will not be open til Thursday morning? Are they being strict about this or will Wednesday PM/evening arrivals be permitted to set up? Hikers here in Hot Springs are wondering about this.

Thanx for any info you can provide. Also---will there be any other legit places to camp in town or is it being limited to the big campsite?

Lone Wolf
05-10-2004, 14:12
No places to camp in town except for The Place. Campground will open 12 noon on Thursday.

Footslogger
05-10-2004, 14:26
No places to camp in town except for The Place. Campground will open 12 noon on Thursday.
Lone Wolf,

...any idea if parking of cars is going to be permitted out at the campground ??

Thanks,

'Slogger

Lone Wolf
05-10-2004, 14:33
Last I heard, parking will be allowed inside the campground for $10 for the whole weekend.

TJ aka Teej
05-10-2004, 15:45
Mara, aka Stitches AT99, sent this to the at-l today:

"The Trail Days committee, ALDHA and the Appalachian Trail Conference invite
you to attend a reception for AT 2,000-Milers: Past, Present, and Future.

Catch up with those who have hiked the Appalachian Trail and those who are
dreaming of hiking.

Friday, May14th
Rock School Auditorium
Reception begins at 1pm

Class call begins at 2:30pm

Following the class call, we'll have an open mic for you to share what your
2,000 mile hike means to you, the experience, the surprises, the stories,
the fun, and more. Bring your ideas to share or just come to share in the
stories from your fellow hikers."

Jack Tarlin
05-10-2004, 17:29
With no dis-respect to the Trail Days Committee, I think it's kinda interesting that the re-union is early on Friday afternoon, when a lot of folks haven't even arrived in town yet......and the Talent Show, one of the festivals' most popular events, is scheduled for Sunday afternoon after the majority of folks have left.

In looking at the Trail Days schedule, I see no reason whatsoever why the Show couldn't have been right after the Parade on Saturday, which would've made sense as the Parade ends right near where the Show would've taken place.... If the organizers thought that shifting the Show to Sunday at 3:30 would encourage more poeple to stick around, they're mistaken----by then most folks will have left town, either to return home, to hike, to do trail maintenance, etc. A Sunday show will lose much of its Talent, and most of its potential audience.

In any case, I'll certainly attend the Friday re-union, but it's a pity that a lot of folks won't because they'll still be on the road. I hope in future years they consider these things when scheduling events.

Pirate
05-10-2004, 18:07
The talent show should be discontinued. There has not been any talent since Bejorn entered the contest. Save the prizes for the anal purists. Give them a free lobster when they reach their summit date!!! That is if Bejorn has not eaten all the lobsters!!!

Lone Wolf
05-10-2004, 18:10
Maybe you shoulda gone to all the committee meetings. There ain't much talent anyway and as far as reunions it ain't hard to find folks. Can't please everyone.

smokymtnsteve
05-10-2004, 18:23
Maybe you shoulda gone to all the committee meetings. There ain't much talent anyway and as far as reunions it ain't hard to find folks. Can't please everyone.

so ya got to please yourself...this ain't no garden party.....

still hanging out at side track cafe....with pirate

MOWGLI
05-10-2004, 19:09
Trail Days will soon be upon us. A link to events is here http://www.traildays.nstemp.com

I'll be giving a presentation on Friday afternoon between 4:30 - 5:30 PM at Rock School Auditorium. The talk will be about the Southeastern Foot Trails Coalition and our effort to build a 5,000-mile interconnected networrk of hiking trails in the SE. This is a joint effort of American Hiking Society and the National Park Service. The ATC is a member of the Coalition, as is a bunch of the AT trail maintaining clubs. A total of 28 trail orrganziations are currently members of the coalition. I hope that number will rise above 30 in the next few weeks.

The program will talk about some great trails here in the Southeast. Anyway, I hope to see some of you at the festival. if you miss the program, stop by the American Hiking Society booth Friday or Saturday.

Jeffrey Hunter aka Little Bear

Jenn
05-10-2004, 19:46
Hey everyone
Can't wait to see you all at the big hiker party this weekend. I lost a passenger in the my vehicle... i hate when that happens... sooo I have room for another in the Red Wagon. Therefore if anyone is still in need of a ride from either Philadelphia, New Jersey or any point in between there and Damascus - let me know. You can call me on my cell 215-990-3707 or just email a reply.

Boilerplate and I are probably leaving from his place in Hilsborough, NJ to the event on Thurs morning and possibly driving straight through.

toodles... Jenn (noTRLname_GA-ME 2003)

Pirate
05-10-2004, 21:05
Screw you and your stupid movie!!!! You probably hike the trail maybe one time. What would you know about the Trail? So you filmed some sunrises and sunsets, big deal!!!! I will not be attending your presentation, look for me in Dots instead. The rest of the hiking community is invited. Dutch treat of course. You white blazers are invited too.