PDA

View Full Version : **trail Days Campground Update**

Lone Wolf
05-10-2004, 14:54
The campground will open Wednesday at 7:00 AM for walk-ins. (free) Thursday morning for drive-ins. $10 per vehicle for the weekend.
No motor homes or campers allowed. Tent camping only.
ALL dogs must be leashed at ALL times.
No open containers.
Quiet time begins at 12:00 midnite.

Jack Tarlin
05-10-2004, 14:56
Extremely useful information; thanx for sending it along.

Footslogger
05-10-2004, 15:29
Yeah ...helpful update. Wonder if you'll get a parking sticker so that you'll be able to take cars in and out during the weekend.

Tha Wookie
05-10-2004, 16:21
Thanks for the update Wolf.

Footslogger, I hope to see you there. Is BA Turtle coming also?

peace all

Footslogger
05-10-2004, 17:52
Thanks for the update Wolf.
Footslogger, I hope to see you there. Is BA Turtle coming also?
peace all
Wookie ...I'm sure our paths will cross. However, BA Turtle isn't making the trip this year. She got trapped in some college professor type duties.

See you there ...

'Slogger

Pirate
05-10-2004, 18:03
Just visited the campground only a few inches of water remains from recent rain, maybe it will drain off prior to the opening. Good news is it is not colored water. Will check in a few hours to see what color dye will be ozing up from underground. No dead trout sighted.

Pirate
05-10-2004, 20:57
The Reps have arrived. They are setting up camp at the Toxic Waste Dump Campground RIGHT NOW!!! Don't you wish you can be here. Get off your cyber asses and get here. Too bad you can not camp at the dump yet. So get yourself a Rep license so you can fix trashy equipmpent that breaks down every 100 miles, then you will have a place to stay here in rainy Damascus. Don't forget your rubber swim fins for floating down the river. Summit Dates Permits are available a Hobo Centeral if you have not applied for one yet. Good dates are still available. Register now before they are gone.

Capt Chaos
05-11-2004, 09:06
If we decide not to park in the campground, where is the other parking? The schedule looks a little messed up to me. The should have the talent show on Saturday, not Sunday. Last year, the majority of people were gone before 10 AM on Sunday. Almost no one will be there Sunday afternoon.

Also, they arent going to charge a fee for bicycles are they?

Keep it real all. See ya at the Daze.

chomp
05-11-2004, 09:56
Keep it real all. See ya at the Daze.
Captain Chaos!! U bringing your tinfoil suit this year again? Try to behave around the Blue Blazers this time, huh? See ya at the campground.

Capt Chaos
05-11-2004, 10:41
Sure thing Chomp. I am going to have to make a new suit, but it will be good. What day are you going to be arriving? I am driving up early Thursday morning and should be there around 10 AM. Take it easy buddy.

smokymtnsteve
05-11-2004, 18:27
that was not my post .....I did not log out here at SIDE TRACK CAFE ....and someone posted under my name ..sorry

Capt Chaos
05-11-2004, 19:06
If I get a ticket for the campground, can I come and go as I wish or will I have to stay parked there all weekend? I am interested in buying a permit though. How can I find you? I may decide to come up tomarrow (Wednesday) night.

Wingfoot
05-11-2004, 19:14
I will personally be at the gate checking passes!! Smokey Mountain Steve, where did you get these passes. I am calling the ATC and Backpacker Magazine to check your story out. The police might be involved too. All you hikers, if you do not have my book, I will be selling them at the gate. For a small nominal fee, I will autograph your book. See you there.

Rebel, with a Cause!
05-11-2004, 19:27
Wingfoot, my 2002 thruhikers Handbook is now in 4 seperate parts ( Im a lightweight hiker ). Do I have to pay 4 nominal fees to get each piece signed?

My above question is as funny as you charging a fee for your signature.

Enough said.

smokymtnsteve
05-11-2004, 19:38
that was not my post .....I did not log out here at SIDE TRACK CAFE ....and someone posted under my name ..sorry

attroll
05-12-2004, 00:19
Alright enough on this Wingfoot thing. Take it to the other thread. As for the username Wingfoot. This is a user that is already on the site. We know whom it is. I will not say though. Please lets not play these type of games on WhiteBlaze. I have a hard enough time trying to keep things straight now. I don't need to be the username police and double check everyone that logs on to see if they are already logged on to WhiteBlaze. Like I said it is hard enough keeping up with things now. Please help me out on this.

Jaybird
05-12-2004, 05:25
The campground will open Wednesday at 7:00 AM for walk-ins. (free) Thursday morning for drive-ins. $10 per vehicle for the weekend........................................Qui et time begins at 12:00 midnite.

Hey Lone Wolf!

My wife & i are staying south of town in a cabin...& will be driving in each day (fri-sat-sun)......will i be able to get the $10 park-all-weekend deal?

thanks for the info.!

Hope to see a LOAD of WhiteBlaze.net folks there!

Jaybird

Capt Chaos
05-12-2004, 17:09
The campground fee allows you to come and go as you wish all weekend. I just talked with Mt. Rogers outfitters and they said all is open and all is well. So I guess I will see everyone in the morning(Thursday).

Peace out

smokymtnsteve
05-15-2004, 20:00

kythruhiker
05-17-2004, 01:23
Just got back from a 2 week section from Erwin into Damascus and 3 days of enjoying Trail Days. I thought the police presence this year (compared to last year) was amazing (in a good way). Last year I saw zero police at the campgrounds until the Friday night bonfire fiasco, where the cops were rude from the get go and got rude responses in return. This year there were a TON of cops, and every single one of them I talked to were the most friendly folks I've ever encountered...amazing. Even when they shut the bonfire drums down at midnight Friday and 1AM on Saturday, it was a peaceful, cool event. Excellent times and many new memories that'll be with me forever! But BOY was that bonfire HOT this year, I think I have about 10% of my original body hair left, but hey, that's cuts my total hiking weight down by a few ounces - it's all good!

Ky Thru