PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck 09ers

hootyhoo
02-11-2009, 19:46
I am so envious...
It is not my time to Thru, yet. I wish I could go every year. My day will come, but for now I dream.
I have been out 12 nights in 2009, so I am not complaining. Its just this feeling that I get for a long hike. A desire that puts butterflies in my stomach.
I have to many respnsibilities that will not allow me follow my dream just yet, but I am gonna keep dreaming.
I hope you all make it this year and have the best time of your life. Good luck.

Kanati
02-11-2009, 20:00
I was about your age when I caught the bug although it wasn't to thru-hike. I had never heard of such a thing. I just wanted to get out on the trail and just hike until I got tired and come home. It wasn't until about 5-7 years ago that I heard of thru-hiking and the idea appealed to me immediately. I had to wait until I retired to do it.
Your time will come.
A piece of advise while you wait. Don't ever let yourself get out of shape. It makes your hike much more fun to be able to boogdy, boogdy, boogdy when you hit the trail for the long one.

I too wish happy hiking to all you 09'ers.

Kanati
02-11-2009, 20:11
Boogady, boogady, boogady. I wonder if that's the way DW would spell it.

johnnybgood
02-11-2009, 20:56
I too am envious and also wish '09ers happy trails as they embark on their hike. I'm looking at 2025 for my thru-hike , hopeful for sooner if I can swing it.

Steve33
02-11-2009, 21:12
I am about your ages, and I planned on waiting until I retired to thru-hike. However one of my favorite customers died last fall, and I decided that you can't guarantee your health, and you can't wait too long for an adventure of a lifetime. You have to just do it.

hootyhoo
02-12-2009, 13:32
But like one of the posters wrote - you could die tomorrow. That would suck. Have all you stuff ready to go - all excited. Just got dropped off at Amicalola - splat, fall over dead, face down in the mud, and lay there for two days before anyone notices that your not drunk. Then they pilfer your gear, pants you, and get some funny pics for the journal before placing an annonymous 911 call.
You better go first chance you get - or might not get one. That is my plan. 6 years from now I will have my last child through school. That might be my chance...I think I can wait that long.

mtbmatty
02-12-2009, 14:44
Boogady, boogady, boogady. I wonder if that's the way DW would spell it.

sounds about right, not sure if DW could sit still long enough to write it out.

thanks for the positive post hooty!! i'm gettin pretty pumped to start this adventure!!

best of luck to all other fellow 09 bruthas and sistas

:sun

Lilred
02-12-2009, 16:14
I don't get to thru hike, but I do get to spend 5 weeks on the trail. Hopefully I'll meet a lot of the '09ers

chicote
03-04-2009, 11:29
Enjoy the hike in 09!

GG

Frick Frack
03-04-2009, 11:37
I met/saw about 12 NOBO's on Springer yesterday. MAN, it felt good to be there! Best of luck to them and all other NOBO's & SOBO's!