PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Hiker Sightings

Ron Haven
02-13-2009, 01:22
We have had one or two everyday this week stop into Franklin. :sun

Ron Haven
02-17-2009, 22:20
Marmot stop by,I have 4 hikers at Budget Inn right now but this past Sunday I saw several in the Neels Gap area.

Grumpy
02-19-2009, 14:59
Ron,

Does the shuttle only apply to the Budget Inn or will it also get me to Janet's (aka your hostel)?

Driving down Saturday to drop a box for when I pass through. Starting Sunday from Springer.

Thanks... Grumpy

Ron Haven
02-20-2009, 04:15
Ron,

Does the shuttle only apply to the Budget Inn or will it also get me to Janet's (aka your hostel)?

Driving down Saturday to drop a box for when I pass through. Starting Sunday from Springer.

Thanks... GrumpyGrumpy,You get a free shuttle for Miss Janet's place the Same as Budget Inn or Sapphire Inn.I even give hikers a free ride in to town that is not staying at any of these.If you just come to town and need supplies.If you send a mail drop please address it to Budget Inn-433 E Palmer Street-Franklin,NC 28734.It is free also.

Without stay we have available showers,the internet,laundry facilities and I furnish free laundry detergent.You could ride even if you stay at another motel but we do ask for you to make a fuel donation.This must be on schedule.We have a taxi available around town and to do other shuttles.

We come to Winding Stair,Rock and Wallace Gap each morning at least twice with the bus and three times when needed.1st trip is about 9:15 and the 2nd at 11:15 and the third about 1pm if needed.We also run a shuttle at 4pm around town in the bus to the grocery stores,outfitter,post office,shopping centers such as WalMart and K Mart and other places.

Grumpy
02-20-2009, 10:08
Ron,

Thanks for all the info... when I said drop a package off, I meant literally as we are driving through Franklin on the way down to Springer since I live in NC. See you or Ms. Janet on Saturday. Grumpy

Ron Haven
02-20-2009, 11:05
Ron,

Thanks for all the info... when I said drop a package off, I meant literally as we are driving through Franklin on the way down to Springer since I live in NC. See you or Ms. Janet on Saturday. GrumpyStop by.We have many who does it this way.

Gentle Ben
03-11-2009, 09:48
plenty of them sighted at Budget Inn and Miss Janets in Franklin.

Rob Snow
03-28-2009, 12:40
I met Not so crazy shortly after Sassafras Mtn on Friday. He passed me up and headed on down (or up) the trail. I was hoping to get to the GA/NC border by my b-day (4-01) but all this wet weather has really slowed me down.

Ron Haven
03-28-2009, 20:44
plenty of them sighted at Budget Inn and Miss Janets in Franklin.for two days all of our accommodations have been full in Franklin with plenty of north bounders. :banana

Trail Bug
03-29-2009, 06:50
Met two brothers in Daleville, VA on 23 March going NoBo. Said they left Springer in January. Did not get their trail names. Freebird08 was heading SoBo from Daleville.

Ron Haven
03-29-2009, 21:07
Are there many north bounders reaching Damascus yet?

saimyoji
03-29-2009, 22:43
has MS been through there yet?

Ron Haven
05-28-2009, 19:10
This is the first day that I haven't seen a hiker stay in Franklin since Feb24th

Mikiniki
05-29-2009, 15:42
Hey Ron!!!

My buddy and I had stayed with you guys at the Budget back in April! I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciated you. Theres nothing like a free shuttle and a decent place to stay with nice people. You are the epitome of a Trail Angel! Thanks again!!!

-Scout and Ghost

Ron Haven
05-29-2009, 16:42
Scott & Ghost

Glad I got the chance to help you :sun Hope your hike goes great,Ron