PDA

View Full Version : Shakedown notes

ryanwheeler007
02-13-2009, 15:08
Ok so I'm doing this whole thing on a budget as many of you know... that being said I'm certain that smart wool socks and liners from REI are better BUT I've been experimenting : ) I've been using cheap-o Walmart dress socks as liners coupled w/ non-cotton dickies socks designed for summer working conditions w/ anti-bacterial stuff in them. So far so good (If anyone is wondering I'm wearing Soloman trail runners) Any input / comments?

Also I'm having the same old problem w/ the inside of my thighs chaffing! I'm wearing underarmour style underwear which seems to help but it's still happening... I've heard about some kind of stick style friction stopper is this a good idea? Will some deoderant do the same thing? Thanks Guys & Gals!!!

Desert Reprobate
02-13-2009, 15:11
Body Glide
http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-Skin-Formula-2-5-oz/dp/B0011DSYEE

mister krabs
02-13-2009, 15:12
body glide is the stuff, I don't think there is a substitute.

Blissful
02-13-2009, 16:19
Don't really need liners with trail runners. Just make sure you have enough good socks (I would not skimp in this area personally. Take care of your feet and they take care of you) and you air your feet and dry your insoles when you stop for lunch and breaks.

mtbmatty
02-13-2009, 16:54
i agree with blissful take care of your lil pigs

i think the benefit of a polypro sock liner as opposed to a dress sock would be the wicking capability
also i think the wool socks will still help to keep you warm when wet...anyone??

also think about blister prevention, and blister care

Tinker
02-13-2009, 18:15
Wool is relatively warm when wet. It does absorb much more water than some synthetic fibers, but tends to be warmer than manmade fibers when wet.

SGT Rock
02-13-2009, 19:47
Get some spandex shorts for the thighs.

Egads
02-14-2009, 08:45
Use gold bond powder if the bodyglide doesn't work

tuswm
02-14-2009, 22:45
They make underarmor in a longer style where it almost goes down to your knees. This will help if it is a lower leg problem.

is this an upper inner problem like almost in your grundle? If so pull your undies up higher and consider a smaller size.

also as you loose alittle weight the fat on the inside of your leggs will go away and you will no longer rub.

JJJ
02-14-2009, 23:36
.... So far so good (If anyone is wondering I'm wearing Soloman trail runners) Any input / comments?
...!
I have a pair of Soloman XA Comps and love them.
Except.
They don't drain well.
:(
jjj

Blissful
02-15-2009, 00:18
Or go with a hiking kilt, esp when it warms up. My hubby loves his.