PDA

View Full Version : LT journeys end shuttle

BackTrack1
02-14-2009, 16:28
has anyone ever used a shuttle sevice at journeys end other than rose apple acres, I didnt have good luck with them last yr when I tried to use them.
I cant beleive that there isnt someone out there by now doing shuttles for hikers, it is pretty remote, but people do live up there and they must have cars.

rcli4
02-14-2009, 17:08
we used 1896 house. Came outta the woods, spent the night at their bed and breakfast, I think it was 30 bucks with big breakfast included and the guy took us to the bus station in the morning.

Clyde

Dogwood
02-14-2009, 19:36
Did U look in the latest Long Trail Handbook for current shuttle providers? Unless U left Rose Apple under really bad terms how about asking them who else might shuttle up there? And, I think that if U gave enough notice some of the shuttlers further south in Vermont may take U to Journeys End. I think some of it depends from where and when U want to be shuttled. U can get, I'm going to give it an educated guesss here and say, within 35-40 miles of Jouneys End, if U coordinate buses to get as far north as U can using public transportation. I know it doesn't directly answer your question about shuttles, but I left Mt Pelier by bus at 8:30a.m., transferrred to another bus which took me further north, and then I hitched 4 different rides up to Jouneys End. I was hiking by 1 p.m. Lots of helpful outdoorsy types live in Vermont and almost everyone who has been born or living there for a while knows about the Long Trail. They see U hitching w/ a pack near the Long Trail and most of them R going to assume U R hiking the Long Trl. and many of them WILL OFFER U a ride.

BackTrack1
02-15-2009, 08:34
Thanks Dogwood,
I didnt leave Rose apple farms on a bad note, we never even made it there,
i had made a reservation at least a month or 2 ahead of time, i was told that when i reached johnson to call and confirm, when i did that they told me they couldnt help us out because they were renovating, that i can understand , but to leave us stranded in the middle of nowhere is pretty friggen low, they could have at least offered to come and give us a ride out but they were very rude about the whole deal,
Therefore i will never call them again and i think they should be taken out of the End to Enders guide, they dont even have a link on there website for the LT anymore so screw them.
on the other hand i know that most people in VT will pick you uo and drive you to wherever you want, i had many rides,
we ended up meeting two hikers that had done the AT the yr before,
(MOM & Windtalker) they were out doing trail magic, we ran into them shortly after we called Rose apple and explained our situation,
They offerd to hang around VT for a few more days and meet us at journeys end and then drive us to berlington so i could catch a ferry back to NY and my buddy could catch a bus back to Mass.
that was so cool of them, we didnt even know them yet, a couple days later we arrived at journeys end and there they were just like they said they would be , and with BEER, we spent the night there and headed out in the morning.
i know im going on and on but thanks for your help, ill keep looking,
im sure by the time i reach journeys end this yr i'll have a ride out.

Backtrack1

RollingStone
02-19-2009, 18:49
BackTrack...

RoseApple quit doing the B&B which is why they don't have a link on their site but according to Camille as of a few weeks ago, they were still going to do shuttling so they will wind up being in the E to E guide. Sorry you had a bad experience.

You might check in with Rough at www.longtrailpodcasts.com as they do some shuttling but I am not sure to what scope. They live in the Lincoln Gap area I believe. Also, the North Troy Inn and Buon Amici Motel, will pickup and shuttle in hikers but it's probbaly just close range stuff.

There is a new site being developed between myself and the Green Mountain Club that will have E to E information online including some info that doesn't make it into the 2009 guidebook. Stay tuned for the URL it should be coming online early March (depending on the GMC)

Sly
02-19-2009, 20:24
I have a friend that lives up that way that may be available for a shuttle. I just emailed him, if I hear back, I'll PM you.

Carsonout
03-02-2011, 13:01
Cheap Women Underwear wholesale,we are Women Underwear outlet (http://www.cheapmp3outlet.com/cheap_Women_Underwear.html) store in canada,we offer discount Women Underwear,sale Underwear,Women Underwear suppliers,Women Underwear distributor,we sale no minimum,we accept visa Mastercard credit card and paypal,Women Underwear OEM factory,Underwear clearance online store,Women Underwear online shop,lots Women Underwear warehouse,Women Underwear Traders outlets store high quality,cheap price Women Underwear Importers,Underwear Purchasers,Women Underwear Agents bulk order,Women Underwear exporters lots stock,Women Underwear manufacturers free shipping,Women Underwear OEM factory accept oem order.

catch
05-01-2012, 19:38
do you have contact info for this house? When I look it up online I keep finding the 1896 house in Williamstown but none in North Troy

Papa D
05-01-2012, 19:43
I hired Thomas Transport to pick up my merry crew of 6 people at Journey's End Road - they are out of Keene, NH - the driver was right on time and gave us excellent service. Here is the link to their site:

www.thomastransportation.com/