PDA

View Full Version : an e-mail i just recieved, how nice

magic_game03
05-12-2004, 18:50
Magic
I'm a 5.5 time thru hiker. I've been hikeing the AT since I was a teen. I've
seen the AT go thru some difficult changes. Especially with the onset of the
ultra lite craze. But genrally the trail stays the same. It's a special place as
I am sure you may understand. Then again maybe you dont.

* There are a ****load of nobos back here Harpers Ferry way. Consider this
e-mail to voice the opinion of thru hikers other than myself. I'm not talking
about a few hikers, I'm talking about a lot of hikers, who say the same damn
things.
Heres the deal. Our morning paper is those shelter books your so fond of
signing. Your bizzare behavior in these registers is our consern. The thing is
you've pissed so many thru hikers in your wake off that I really dont think
you'd survive an encounter with most of the nobos behind you.
Your name calling and pure contempt for fellow nobos shines thru in "our morning
papers".

Look what I'm trying to say is there is a bunch of mean mother ****ers back
here that are prepared to beat the **** out of you for what you've been
causeing. No one likes you, and everyone hates you for being such an ass to our
fellow hikers. Me personally I think your a Ward Leanard wanna be. And if
there's one thing the trail can do without it's another Ward.

Look your entries have been pulled since you started that **** back in NC. Keep
signing if you want but there will be no record of your hike cause there's 14
people useing whiteout on your entries in your wake. Determined to make sure
there is no sign of your hike. Sorry ****head you blackballed.

Your a ****ing dick head. If you keep hikeing the AT we will eventually meet. I
dream of the day that happens, But sucks like you never last long. Flash in the
pan poser you are. You go on and finish your time out here and get on back to
mommy ****stick. When we meet, it wont be something you'll soon forget.

Heald
w/Dog Wonder

humm, what does the AT community think?

Shoe Leather Express
05-12-2004, 19:05
Who was it from?

Regardless, report it to your local authorities and the FBI. Contact his ISP and report him too. Let him explain to the state police, FBI, and his ISP that he was just joking and didn't really mean it.

To me it sounds like he's a blow hard. If these trail bad asses really wanted to catch you they would have.

gravityman
05-12-2004, 19:06
What have you been writing that it upset him so much?

I hate this kind of crap on the trail - this trail gossip, or whatever you want to call it... Maybe more soap opera - "As the World Walks" or something... anyway, I think it's lame, both whatever you have been writing to upset Heald so bad (assuming that it has to be SOMETHING. Why else would he have this reaction), and what other people are writing in the logs after you. It just is so stupid....

Gravity Man

steve hiker
05-13-2004, 00:43
I think Magic Game and Shoe Leather both need to take a toke and mellow out.:sun

Jaybird
05-13-2004, 05:49
Geeeeeee.....

remind me to never tick off Magic-Game!

:D

Chappy
05-13-2004, 06:29
Geeeeeee.....

remind me to never tick off Magic-Game!

:D
Jaybird...I can't even imagine you ticking off anyone. Why, you even apologized to Coosa when talking to her about her dogs on the trail. :D

eyahiker
05-13-2004, 08:14
:-? Wow, looks like it's time for anger management 101.............

Percival
05-13-2004, 09:15
I think Magic Game and Shoe Leather both need to take a toke and mellow out.:sun
Or get laid. Or both.

jersey joe
05-13-2004, 09:29
I met heald on my 02' thru and he seemed like a pretty mellow guy. What have you done to provoke this email? I don't condone violence but I'd like to hear heald's side of this.

eyahiker
05-13-2004, 09:40
I'm a little clueless here, are you still on the trail that you got this email from somebody else on the trail? When are you guys finding time to email???

jersey joe
05-13-2004, 09:45
eyahiker, didn't you know? they have broadband access in all the AT shelters now! :D

Blue Jay
05-13-2004, 09:45
I met heald on my 02' thru and he seemed like a pretty mellow guy. What have you done to provoke this email? I don't condone violence but I'd like to hear heald's side of this.

I also believe I have met Heald in the past or at least I think that was his name, I could be wrong. I also found him to be mellow. I don't think I need to hear his side of the story, we already did. Since Majic posted it and didn't deny any of it, it must be true. At least that's my interpretation.

walkon
05-13-2004, 10:46
last spring on the way to maine i happened to be 1-2 weeks behind magic the whole time. i probably read 70-80% of his register entries and cannot remember one that conjured a disagreeable thought in my head. it seemed at every stop the locals were always talking about magic and what a great guy he was etc... though i never actually met him. trail gossip makes me sick, it is very "jr. high". i am curious to know what things made heald so pissed off. but when i have nothing to say my lips are sealed.
walkon

Chappy
05-13-2004, 17:55
Jaybird...my bad, man. That was Rain Man with the reply to Coosa about the dogs. Got you TN guys confused. Sorry. You're still a nice guy! :)

Lilred
05-13-2004, 22:41
Jaybird...my bad, man. That was Rain Man with the reply to Coosa about the dogs. Got you TN guys confused. Sorry. You're still a nice guy! :)
I second that. They're both really nice guys..... :)

cabalot
05-14-2004, 00:21
i never met j-bird but i am sure he is cool, he sent me a happy bithday email last february, i have seen his photo gallery and looks friendly.

i dont understand who is mad at who and what did the email say and what did the trail registers say. the username of the first post is magic-game03 but is signed Heald w/dogwonder at the bottom?

by the way who do you contact when you find a trail register full? the one at culvers gap fire tower in jersey is full as of 2 weeks ago when i was there last. it needs to be replaced.

Grimace
05-14-2004, 08:22
If a register is full and you plan on going back, bring a spare notebook with you. Often times thur's carry one in their pack on the hopes they can leave it somewhere if it needed. Often times you'll find a name, address, and bribe in the beginning of the register so the original perosn who left it can get it back when it's full.

jersey joe
05-14-2004, 10:54
i dont understand who is mad at who and what did the email say and what did the trail registers say. the username of the first post is magic-game03 but is signed Heald w/dogwonder at the bottom?

My understanding of this post was that magic posted an email that heald sent to him. heald's signature at the bottom is from the email, not the posts signature.

zydecajun
05-14-2004, 11:13
I hiked with Magic for a week last year in GA-NC and I feel like I know him well enough to comment. I never heard him say a mean or ugly comment the whole time we buddied up. In fact, if anything, he would do anything to help out a fellow hiker or anyone for that matter. He did hike the whole AT last year and is presently on the AT with plans to hike the PCT and CDT next-so he's no wanna-be. Heald needs to give him some slack and get on with his own life.

MadAussieInLondon
05-14-2004, 11:58
all this stems from magic abusing officer taco in the registers and leaving some naaaaasty shelter entries. they were not very nice at all. all this stems from a misunderstanding by magic thinking officer taco yellow blazed. big whoop. (and he since posted an apology). i dont think heald saw the apology.

i could care less. if magic wants to be the '1st' to thru this year, let him. who wants to do 40 miles a day just to be the first to finish and see nothing? its not a race. id love to see magics face when flying brian and his girlfriend blows past him.. heh.

Desert Lobster
05-14-2004, 12:16
too much drama!

jersey joe
05-14-2004, 12:18
id love to see magics face when flying brian and his girlfriend blows past him.. heh.
Is flying brian thru hiking the AT this year?

Happy
05-14-2004, 12:19
Hey Bloody Cactus...I enjoyed that personally imported Scotch on top of Springer February 28th!

Bloody is right...a LOT of people got really upset about the register accusations (read some trail journal entries)...BUT Magic was man enought to do a public apology, as I read it. Bloody is right Heald had not heard of it probably.

Blue Jay you are right it is Heald, and I had the priviledge of hiking with him last year...a GREAT GUY! MELLOW is his definite personality, probably more like SUPER MELLOW, very nice and quiet.

Bankrobber
05-14-2004, 12:30
I was out on a three day trip from US 60 in Virginia (Buena Vista) to Reed's Gap. A Northbounder told me that Flyin' Brian is racin up the trail with a marathoner.
On another note, hikers should not be threatening each other, especially another's thoughts.

Desert Lobster
05-14-2004, 12:34
Is FB trying to beat the speed record?

jersey joe
05-14-2004, 14:53
A quick google search found me a site that appears to be kept by flyin brian's father?!?
http://royrobinson.homestead.com/
According to this site he is NOT going for the speed record, though they are moving fast.
"They've hiked 950 miles since March 30th, or 23.7 miles per day...Brian and Sophie should reach Harper's Ferry on Tuesday afternoon, May 11th."

Haiku
05-15-2004, 09:32
"They've hiked 950 miles since March 30th, or 23.7 miles per day...Brian and Sophie should reach Harper's Ferry on Tuesday afternoon, May 11th."

They did reach Harpers Ferry on 11 May, a day after I did.

Haiku.