PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Wbers "March Get Together"

Gorp-Gobbler
02-18-2009, 13:29
Mark you calendars on March 7th for this get together.
It will be down at the "TWO LAKES/CELINA TRAIL.
For information on how to get there and a topo map go to:
www.fs.fed.us/r9/hoosier/recreation/two_lakes_trail.htm
I'll be posting more information about this as far as where we'll meet soon.
Time wise I think our 10:00 am time is good unless you all want to start out earlier, It makes no difference to me. This is a 15.7 mile loop trail.
Please respond here or send me a PM to let me know if you're interested.

Gorp-Gobbler:sun

Chenango
02-18-2009, 13:58
Gorp-Gobbler - this link did not work for me.

hoz
02-18-2009, 14:04
Check Indianaoutfitters.com

http://www.indianaoutfitters.com/Destinations/Hoosier_National/two_lakes_trail_main.htm

dradius
02-18-2009, 14:18
Here is the link GG posted http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/hoosier/recreation/two_lakes_trail.htm click on printable information for a topo.
A good meeting place would probably be the Rickenbaugh House. When you go past the guard shack, bear to the left and it dead-ends at the House/parking lot. I wish you guys were doing it the weekend before. I'm starting my ST thru on the 7th. Theres a good possibility I'll do a shake down there on the 28/29th of Feb, so if anybody wants to go a week early shoot me a PM.

Gorp-Gobbler
02-18-2009, 14:33
Gorp-Gobbler - this link did not work for me.

Sorry about that Chenango. I must have copied it down wrong. Look down at dradius post, that one will work.

bigmac_in
02-18-2009, 15:00
It isn't going to rain is it? :D

Gorp-Gobbler
02-18-2009, 19:22
Mark you calendars on March 7th for this get together.
It will be down at the "TWO LAKES/CELINA TRAIL.
For information on how to get there and a topo map go to:
www.fs.fed.us/r9/hoosier/recreation/two_lakes_trail.ktm (http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/hoosier/recreation/two_lakes_trail.ktm)
I'll be posting more information about this as far as where we'll meet soon.
Time wise I think our 10:00 am time is good unless you all want to start out earlier, It makes no difference to me. This is a 15.7 mile loop trail.
Please respond here or send me a PM to let me know if you're interested.

Gorp-Gobbler:sun

Please change the ktm on this web site to htm. It will work better. I goofed-up typing it in.
Also see dradius' post concerning where to meet. I was going to drive down one day before the get together to figure out where to meet so this will save me a drive and the gas. Thanks dradius for your feedback.:sun:D

Gorp-Gobbler
02-19-2009, 16:21
Thanks attroll for correcting the web site address in my Thread.
I sure appreciate it as I know others will too when they click on it.

Gorp-Gobbler
02-20-2009, 20:47
I just want to bring this thread to the surface again in case anyone is interested in making it out.

atchleyc
02-20-2009, 21:10
hey Gorp, i'll try to make this one but i'm not 100%.
I'd like to hike there, i've never been but i'll see how work goes - trying to get as many hours in before march 25 as possible.
hope the weather is nice!

Gorp-Gobbler
02-22-2009, 15:43
I don't see having all of the snow and ice on the trail like we had at CDW.
We may actually get to hike normal instead of one step forward and slide 2 feet sideways.
Who knows??

Gorp-Gobbler
02-25-2009, 10:23
I just want to bring this thread to the surface again in case anyone is interested in making it out.

One week from this coming Saturday.

Two Lakes/Celina Trail. (03/07/2009).

This is a 15.7 mile loop trail.

For a topo map and directions to the State Forest see the above posts.

If you can make it please respond accordingly.

Hope to see you all there!!

bigmac_in
02-25-2009, 10:29
At this point, I'm planning on making it.

dradius
02-25-2009, 11:02
if any of you are going to stay the night, let me know and i'll tell you some spots

Gorp-Gobbler
02-26-2009, 12:33
One week from this coming Saturday.

Two Lakes/Celina Trail. (03/07/2009).

This is a 15.7 mile loop trail.

For a topo map and directions to the State Forest see the above posts.

If you can make it please respond accordingly.

Hope to see you all there!!

This get together is opened to anyone that enjoys the outdoors, loves hiking and wants to have a good time with a good bunch of people.
Since this one is in Southern Indiana, if any of you folks over in Kentucky want to join in feel free to do so, we'd be glad to have you.:welcome

ChinMusic
02-26-2009, 12:36
I posted in another Indiana thread that I will be at Deam this weekend. We have a TT group get-together from Fri eve to Sunday. I am arriving a day early and will be hiking Cope Hollow tomorrow.

bigmac_in
02-26-2009, 12:57
Cope Hollow is a nice trail.

ChinMusic
02-26-2009, 13:33
Cope Hollow is a nice trail.
Cope and 545 are about the only trails I don't have on my GPS from Deam. I'll pick up both of em this weekend.

We're meeting up on Sycamore Friday nite and heading to Patton Cave via Grubb on Sat. One of our guys climbs all the way thru Patton Cave to the opening down the hill on the north. It is a tight squeeze and it scares the hell out of me just thinking about it.

Gorp-Gobbler
02-28-2009, 13:05
This get together is opened to anyone that enjoys the outdoors, loves hiking and wants to have a good time with a good bunch of people.
Since this one is in Southern Indiana, if any of you folks over in Kentucky want to join in feel free to do so, we'd be glad to have you.:welcome

A week from today. Let's plan on meeting at 9:00 am instead of 10:00.
Since this is a 15.7 mile loop trail we'll still have plenty of time for lunch and to finish before dark.

Gorp-Gobbler
03-02-2009, 10:48

A week from today. Let's plan on meeting at 9:00 am instead of 10:00.
Since this is a 15.7 mile loop trail we'll still have plenty of time for lunch and to finish before dark.

Since a lot of you may have missed this over the weekend, I want to bring it to the surface again. Please note the time change.
Hopefully this doesn't cause a problem for anyone.

Rader
03-04-2009, 08:48
Anyone planning on hiking this Saturday may want to bring an extra pair of shoes. It is our experience that you will cross water (mid calf deep) in the spring. The good news is that the recent sunny days will probably warm it up to 40ish degrees!

Gorp-Gobbler
03-05-2009, 20:48
Anyone planning on hiking this Saturday may want to bring an extra pair of shoes. It is our experience that you will cross water (mid calf deep) in the spring. The good news is that the recent sunny days will probably warm it up to 40ish degrees!

Good idea Rader, we might need them because of the MUD.

Don't forget Every One, we'll be meeting at 9:00 am instead of 10:00.

Hope to have a good turn out. It should be nice weather.

:sun:sun:sun:sun