PDA

View Full Version : Photos from TrailDays 2004 up in my folder..

MedicineMan
05-15-2004, 01:43
I had wanted to separate the men who make and sell gear under a heading 'The Men behind the Gear' but in the end just put them in the MedicineMan folder with everyone else.
Didnt look like I was going to make it but I was sure glad I did, there is something that tickles your innards when you connect a face to someone you have been netting with for a long while, most were as I expected but some where nowhere close. But for me everyone was joy to meet, some I esteem like Baltimore Jack and LoneWolf, some I'm just downright proud of like Sgt. Rock, and the rest I just liked as simple people who share a little love with something I love. Before the next meeting I need to learn how to speak New Hamshiring so as to better communicated with The old Fahrt!
The beer and samiges were excellet in taste and in price so hats off to Dot and her help.
Would love to see all again someday.
Sincerely,
MedicineMan

Chappy
05-15-2004, 02:49
Thanks, Medicine Man. Nice to put faces to names I'm familiar with on Whiteblaze.

okpik
05-15-2004, 07:52

Desert Lobster
05-15-2004, 10:47
What would you like the folks to do?

Footnotes
05-15-2004, 11:14
I was in Damascus Friday afternoon and till 11:00 AM on Saturday. I hung at the Side Track since it was my first time there and someone told me that was the place. I wondered where the older crowd was. Now I know where to hang in 2005. Thanks for the pictures and faces. Been wanting to know what Baltimore Jack and Lone Wolf looked.

I helped the economy down there quite a bit. Bought an Osprey Aether 60, New Balance 807s (size 14), and a Sports Kilt for shock value here in WV....Foot Notes

The Scribe
05-15-2004, 11:24
Thanks Medicine Man. Looks like fun and great to put faces with names. Got to get there myself.pcm

okpik
05-15-2004, 11:25

eyahiker
05-15-2004, 16:50
Hi, I'm new at this, how do I find your Folder?

Thanks!:confused:

Streamweaver
05-15-2004, 17:05
Medicinemans pics (http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=163) Here yo go Eyahiker.

For future ref if you look up in the left hand corner of this page there is a drop down menu that says photos,just select gallery from that memu ,then select Member Galleries. In this gallery there are several pages with members listed in Alphabetical order . Streamweaver

attroll
05-15-2004, 21:49
Hi, I'm new at this, how do I find your Folder?

Thanks!:confused:
You can get to it by clicking on PHOTO's in the top left of the screen and then scrolling down and clicking on GALLERY. Then under category click on MEMBERS GALLERIES and keep paging through until you see MedicineMan's gallery. Or you can just go to this link here:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=163

Streamweaver
05-15-2004, 23:42
Oy!!!!!!!!

eyahiker
05-16-2004, 08:25
THANK YOU BOTH !:banana

Wow...Missed that drop down box, usually click on the photos on the opening page and browse there :clap ...if it was a snake it woulda bit me.

Streamweaver
05-16-2004, 17:42
What happened to the drop down menu for the photos?? Streamweaver

attroll
05-16-2004, 18:09
The photo drop down is still there. I just made it a different type of navbar. The old navbar was temporary because it had it problems. But this one works better.

The Old Fhart
05-17-2004, 14:54
MedicineMan-Before the next meeting I need to learn how to speak New Hamshiring so as to better communicated with The old Fahrt!
I can see I have my work cut out to teach you all how to talk yankee! Maybe I can sell a tape for thru hikers to listen to and practice saying key phrases along the way so when they get to "New Hampsha" they'll sound like a native. Lone Wolf does a wicked good job with the accent, ayuh. Until you can say "ayuh" and have it flow off your tongue, they'll know you're from away. Hey, the tape would be more useful than Bryson's book. Some of the best parts of thru hiking are the stories, accents, and people you meet along the way.

eyahiker
05-17-2004, 15:39
----------------------------------------:)

grizzlyadam
05-17-2004, 18:53
hey there old fhart (i spelled it right this time)

it was good to meet you in damascus. i enjoyed hanging out with you and the rest of the old timers on the porch of the hostel.

see you down the trail.

grizzly adam

Hammock Hanger
05-17-2004, 19:15
I enjoyed the pics... (naturally I left my camera back at the hammock, duh!!)

I had a great time. Hammock Hanger

Trail Yeti
05-18-2004, 17:24
Good to meet those I didn't know who were....
HH a lot of people didnt' recognize me at first....until I bought a new kilt and wore it the rest of the weekend!! (yes, I got ANOTHER one)

Hardtack Hank
05-18-2004, 19:13
This is my first reply so I'll simply say thanks for sharing.