PDA

View Full Version : Great Deal On Golite Shoes

Biloxi
02-20-2009, 06:05
hey, I know it's late..and I don't know how long this will last, but at 6pm.com I just bought a pair of golite tail daggers and a pair of storm dragons for $19.95 ea. with $6.95 shipping..2 pair new golite's shipped for under 40.00 wow.. I could not believe it when I seen it..but it confirmed my purchase..you might wanna check em out:banana

Biloxi
02-20-2009, 06:07
well I meant to say under $50.00 bucks..but still..........

Biloxi
02-20-2009, 06:24
also they had all their icebreaker stuff for 43% off...proubly other great deals .I didn't really search them real well..good luck

Egads
02-20-2009, 06:50
Golite has had reliability problems with their shoes. Search WB threads for details

skinewmexico
02-20-2009, 12:17
Depends on where you hike. My son wore his out on his first 9 mile hike, here in the rocky southwest. YMMV, I hope.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/891136/DSCN0402(600x450).jpg

theinfamousj
02-20-2009, 15:22
hey, I know it's late..and I don't know how long this will last, but at 6pm.com I just bought a pair of golite tail daggers and a pair of storm dragons for $19.95 ea. with $6.95 shipping..2 pair new golite's shipped for under 40.00 wow.. I could not believe it when I seen it..but it confirmed my purchase..you might wanna check em out:banana

Where did you buy them. I'm trying to buy a pair of shoes but under the Footwear section I don't have the options to purchase anything. :(

dradius
02-20-2009, 15:30
http://www.6pm.com/n/search.cgi?q=golite

dradius
02-20-2009, 16:00
thanks for the heads up Biloxi. i was able to pick up a couple of pairs and also got a patagonia Capilene t-shirt :) you're right about them selling fast. i went to check out and was told the shoes in my cart were no longer available. i had to go back and pick out a different pair.

The Solemates
02-20-2009, 17:09
golite shoes are not quality gear...this becomes evident the first time you handle a pair..dont even have to wear them

theinfamousj
02-20-2009, 17:23
Sadly, or perhaps happily, there were no shoes left in my size. The closest they had was a full size down which is a no go.

:(

Biloxi
02-20-2009, 17:38
wow..I had no idea they were that bad..a couple people at BPL have them and said they are pretty good..proubly not the shoe to go bouldering in ..but on fairly flat decent terrain. I don't see why they would perform any less then others???I guess for $20 I will find out..heck I paid $32 for some xcr lafuma's and over $20 for some columbia's at a deep discount..so even at 1-2 short trips $20 isn't that bad...I will let you know what I think when they arrive and I take em on a short 24 miler

skinewmexico
02-20-2009, 17:41
Someone told me they had made some changes in the sole, so I gambled $40 on a couple of pairs.

Biloxi
02-20-2009, 17:47
yea,at that price might as well try em..I know andrew skurka used them on his last hike...YES,I know he is sponsered by golite..but still, I don't think he would go out on a major hike with inferior gear..so they must be atleast decent..golite usualy uses pretty high quality materials..so I hope for the best

BrianLe
02-20-2009, 17:56
The Soulmates said "golite shoes are not quality gear...this becomes evident the first time you handle a pair..dont even have to wear them"

I'd be interested to know if this is first hand "I wore them a bunch and they wore out" experience or second or nth hand information, but indeed I have heard first hand from folks that they wore out fast. The only case I'm sure about there was first generation Golites. It's been pretty well documented that there was a problem with the glue used in the first generation models.

My own experience is that I'm comfortable counting on getting 500 miles or so at least out of a pair of Sundragon II's, with the caveat that sometime along the way there will be some holes in the top fabric that can let little rocks get in (makes it easy to decide whether it's worth wearing gaitors ...). I started the PCT last year in Sun Dragon I's, switched fairly early on to II's, and hiked the rest of the trail in them, something like 5+ pairs.

I still wear Sundragon II's all the time, comfortable, wide toe box (I love shoes that are shaped more like feet are ...), and they wear plenty well for me.

They also have a fairly distinctive tread pattern; hikers I knew on the trail last year often told me that they knew I was ahead of them from my footprints. :-)

Biloxi said:
"... proubly not the shoe to go bouldering in ..but on fairly flat decent terrain"

Maybe not bouldering, depending on exactly what you mean by that, but definitely not limited to "fairly flat decent terrain". I walked mine through a variety of different terrain last year, lots of snow and mountain passes in the Sierras, soft soil, ... the places I was most concened was lots of lava, as indeed the shoes are a bit delicate --- you don't want that first tear in the fabric to get started if possible.
The tread has less overall surface area, just the deep lugs, so in ice, wet road, slimey logs, etc, they're a bit less stable than other shoes, something to just get used to.

Biloxi
02-20-2009, 18:14
hey Brian thanks for the info..I guess what I meant by BOULDERING..was I don't think you wanna be slidding down scree fields or crashing through the sharp rocks of PA in the things..but thanks..it's nice to get 1st hand accounts..so at $20 you say it's definatly worth a try?

Biloxi
02-26-2009, 03:13
hey guys ..mine came in today...UPS..pretty quick ordered saturday..got em on wednesday..out the box they look and feel very nice and solid to me..came with adjustable footbeds..and 1 pair with scree gaiters..pretty nice I must say..packageing was excellent except it could have came in a smaller box(2) pairs..but they fit really nice big lugs ..actualy have the exact same tread on both pair..only difference really is the upper..well so far looks like a well spent $20.00 to me hopefully I can put em on the trail here before next week..if not it will be awhile before I can give a trail review..but on fit and apperrance alone...A+++++ :banana

dradius
02-26-2009, 10:43
same here Biloxi. i got mine the other day and have put about 10 miles on them. so far, i'm digging them and am happy with my purchase. thanks again for the heads up about the sale.

skinewmexico
02-26-2009, 11:04
Go mine. Hope they last longer then the 9 miles the last pair went.

skinewmexico
02-26-2009, 11:05
..I know andrew skurka used them on his last hike...YES,I know he is sponsered by golite..but still, I don't think he would go out on a major hike with inferior gear..so they must be atleast decent..golite usualy uses pretty high quality materials..so I hope for the best

Skurka is doing another hike now and testing some Vasques that fell apart.

Biloxi
02-26-2009, 11:23
good, I am glad to see a few others got the deal also..
skinMex..the treads seem a little different then in your pic..? yes, let's hope for more then 9 miles:eek:

JAK
02-26-2009, 12:38
How much do they weigh when wet?