PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Companion Question

Hrzechman4
02-20-2009, 14:22
Can someone please explain the numbers and letters underneath each shelter in the Table showing milage from Katahdin and Springer? Thanks,

DAKS
02-20-2009, 14:40
i think what you are asking about is the distance to the next shelter north or south?

Sly
02-20-2009, 15:01
i think what you are asking about is the distance to the next shelter north or south?

Yup, that's what they're there for.

Hrzechman4
02-20-2009, 17:08
Thanks Alot!!! I feel moronic now.. but thanks!!!

Sly
02-20-2009, 17:12
Thanks Alot!!! I feel moronic now.. but thanks!!!

No problem. If you find any errors during your thru-hike I'd appreciate it if you could note them and pass them along to the email in my sig. Also, if you can think of any suggestions to make the book better we'll try to implement them in coming editions.

Have a great hike!

Screech
02-20-2009, 18:02
Make the companion 4 small books instead of 1 big book.

Sly
02-20-2009, 18:08
Make the companion 4 small books instead of 1 big book.
4?

I was thinking of suggesting a Springer to Harpers Ferry, and HF to Katahdin edition. Not sure how that idea will be taken. It's folks at the ATC that make the final decisions.

Jack Tarlin
02-20-2009, 18:10
My biggest complaint, Sly, is about the sheer size of the book. I understand it contains a wealth of info on such things as shelters, campsites, water sources, etc., but why does it weigh so much? And are you aware that it's around 100 pages longer than either of the other two books?

Suggestion: Tighten it up, lose some of the blank space. And tighten in other places......they have a great listing of gear manufactures and contact info, but why is it 3 pages long? Really, my biggest complaint is tighten the damned thing up a bit. This is a LOT of book to be carrying for six months.