1/3 cup chopped onions (green, red, or yellow onions) optional
1/4 lb of Mexican chorizo sausage, removed from sausage casing
3 Tbsp raisins - soaked in hot water for 15 minutes and drained
5 to 6 eggs
Salt
Tortillas - optional
Cilantro – optional

Method
1 Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil or bacon fat in the pan. Add the chopped onions (optional) and cook until softened. Once softened, move to the side of the pan and add break up bits of chorizo into the pan. Use a spatula to break up the pieces of sausage. Add the raisins. Stir until the sausage is cooked through, though not necessarily browned. If you are not using lean chorizo, drain the excess fat from the pan before proceeding or cook the sausage first then brown the onions then put the sausage back in.
Serves two.

Ron Haven
02-21-2009, 17:29
ients

Olive oil or bacon fat, or cook chirozo first then remove and brown onions
1/3 cup chopped onions (green, red, or yellow onions) optional
1/4 lb of Mexican chorizo sausage, removed from sausage casing
3 Tbsp raisins - soaked in hot water for 15 minutes and drained
5 to 6 eggs
Salt
Tortillas - optional
Cilantro – optional

Method
1 Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil or bacon fat in the pan. Add the chopped onions (optional) and cook until softened. Once softened, move to the side of the pan and add break up bits of chorizo into the pan. Use a spatula to break up the pieces of sausage. Add the raisins. Stir until the sausage is cooked through, though not necessarily browned. If you are not using lean chorizo, drain the excess fat from the pan before proceeding or cook the sausage first then brown the onions then put the sausage back in.
Serves two. If you ask most people what type meat is chorizo?they say,sausage.In return we think that is ground pork shoulder meat.Does anyone know what part of an animal chorizo is made from?

If you said hog jaws this is the correct answer.:D

kyhipo
02-21-2009, 17:36
grew in Calf. for the most part had plenty of it!ky

hootyhoo
02-21-2009, 18:49
Does that make it kosher?

Blissful
02-21-2009, 23:33
Looks tasty but I can't stand raisins except alone or in cinnamon rolls. :)

Ron Haven
02-22-2009, 00:06
I love chorizo.Here is another great recipe.Chop a jalipeno,a potato,a hand full of red cabbage and a 1/4 onion and a couple strips of bacon.Fry all together until veggies are brown.

Romove the bacon and replace it with a 4 inch stick of chorizo and as it is getting cooked in,add 1/4 cup of milk and 4 eggs.Stir in the eggs and cook until done.Some like it on corn or flour tortillas but I like it on wheat tortillas known in spanish as tortillo de thrigos,Serve this with refried beans,rice and pico de gallo salsa meaning"pick of the rooster".

dart7383
02-22-2009, 01:17
I have found that face meat off of just about anything has been delicious.

skinewmexico
02-22-2009, 22:49
You probably don't want to know what is in it. It just tastes good.

Nicksaari
02-22-2009, 23:03
the reason chorizo is so tasty is that they are made from salivary glands. no joke. mmmmmmmmmmmmm god bless the time honored curing of gristle and flesh

charlie2008
02-22-2009, 23:23
the reason chorizo is so tasty is that they are made from salivary glands. no joke. mmmmmmmmmmmmm god bless the time honored curing of gristle and flesh
-
Chorizo can be made from a variety of meat cuts, including lips, lymph nodes, and salivary glands. Before consumption, the tubes are usually cut open and the nearly paste-like mixture is fried in a pan and mashed with a fork until it resembles finely minced ground beef, throw in a couple chicken embryo's, a flour tortilla and you got a tasty meal.

Heater
02-23-2009, 02:18
Mmmmmm. Chorizo.

This was Breakfast the other day from a local taco joint.
Less than 5 bucks. ;)

RIGHT-L Bean and cheese, Bacon and Egg in the middle and Chorizo and Egg on the right.

Eat your heart out... (No pun intended) :D

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh266/Austexs/magic-taco-016.jpg?t=1235369692

hootyhoo
02-23-2009, 20:57
Its good. I made a second batch after work today. The second batch was simply fried chirozo (aka face meat), 3 eggs, 1.5 tbsp chopped green bell pepper, 1 ketchup packet, and a big splash of Texas Pete - I nailed it. this one was easier, required less ingredients and was easier.