PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo underwear

mindi
02-21-2009, 23:15
So I am still on a search for the perfect hiking underwear, and I came across bamboo panties! Supposedly bamboo is fast-drying, antimicrobial, hypoallergenic, anti-stink, etc. etc. Anyone else tried them?

I also saw that Patagonia makes soy underwear?! Have any of you tried those? I think they're called 'Soytopia' or something like that.

Blissful
02-21-2009, 23:27
Always something new, it seems. I've heard of the bamboo gear - SAC sometimes has clothing like that on its site. Never have tried it myself though.

Just Plain Jim
02-21-2009, 23:28
uh what?........... bamboo? :-?

Dogwood
02-21-2009, 23:45
Ah, Jim this is the Women's Forum! You need to stop right there and exit the premises to start a bamboo underwear thread For Men Only elsewhere!

Egads
02-22-2009, 08:39
DW, It is generally acceptable for men to post if they add to the discussion and keep on topic. Having said that REI is carrying Bamboo clothing now. I did not buy any, but I was surprised how soft and non-itchy is is.

USA made
http://www.bamboosa.com/

About bamboo clothing
http://www.bamboosa.com/boombosa.php?PID=13

chess
02-22-2009, 09:18
I was at REI yesterday and saw the Patagonia underwear;they weren't cotton but I didn't read the label that closely to see what they were made of once I saw the $20.00 pricetag...for one pair??? yikes

Idk anything about bamboo; I just want to find something that will be comfortable,easily washable along the trail & fast-drying. If that's bamboo then it sounds good to me. (on sale! :))

Hoop
02-22-2009, 09:29
Wool costs but it's worth it.

Live the Journey
02-22-2009, 10:31
Although I love my capiline base layers, I've been underwhelmed with most of my Patagonia underwear purchases. I found the panties and camisoles to get all stretched out after washing and wearing on trips, and although they claim to be less stinky, I found them to be quite a bit more stinky! Although Bamboo fibers are luxurious, I'd be tempted to wear them just around camp at night, but not as my "active undies"

mindi
02-22-2009, 10:47
I certainly don't mind any men joining in this discussion..they make the bamboo undies in men's styles too :).

I found a 3-pack of women's bikinis for $27 and I'm debating.
http://www.faeriesdance.com/bamboo-bikini-3pack-p-287.html

jrwiesz
02-23-2009, 03:58
I certainly don't mind any men joining in this discussion..they make the bamboo undies in men's styles too :).

I found a 3-pack of women's bikinis for $27 and I'm debating.
http://www.faeriesdance.com/bamboo-bikini-3pack-p-287.html

Marmot makes a T-shirt, that I'm familiar with, 55% rayon from bamboo, 45% polyester.

It is a nice feel against the skin and to touch. Very comfortable to wear, wicks well, no noticable funk smell [although, I've only worn it twice]. I do notice some pilling starting to show.

Overall, I like the shirt. I paid $15, used on ebay.

tjwarren
02-23-2009, 17:15
I can't say how underwear would be, but we have a bathroom towel made of bamboo. Very soft, very absorbent. It's a nice little towel.

vonfrick
02-23-2009, 17:21
i have the bamboo toesock liners made by injinji- they're awesome. evidently bamboo has natural anti-funk properties and after 400+ miles last summer i was decidedly non-funky. :)

BumpJumper
02-23-2009, 20:39
I have been between bamboo sheets before...they are awesome. Never tried the undies but then again, no undies is just fine.:eek::D

warraghiyagey
02-23-2009, 20:45
That's what I'm talking about. . .

mdbowers
02-26-2009, 23:40
i have a bamboo shirt from eddie bauer and its very comfortable.

Dogwood
02-27-2009, 01:33
WB is a great site. Besides Victoria's Secret where else can you listen in on women discussing bamboo panties?

beakerman
02-27-2009, 03:04
yeah I know it;s the womens forum but bamboo undies!? I've got to ask have any of you all seen if they make them for men? and where did you see them? I hate shopping...that's why I got married (just kidding but I do hate shopping)

BumpJumper
02-27-2009, 08:17
WB is a great site. Besides Victoria's Secret where else can you listen in on women discussing bamboo panties?

Listening is the key!

BumpJumper
02-27-2009, 08:22
Mindi...notice in the ad for those undies how it says "No child labor"??? Now that is funny right there. They have to advertise that on the package?:eek:

JAK
02-27-2009, 08:51
Be very careful in panda bear country.

mindi
03-01-2009, 21:17
Beakerman, I know I saw some on Amazon.com..if you just do a search for 'bamboo underwear' a bunch of men's styles come up.

TwoForty
03-01-2009, 22:55
I didn't know they made bamboo underwear, but it makes sense. I buy GoldToe bamboo socks for around town and they are the most comfortable socks I've ever owned. I'd be down for more bamboo clothing!

As for expensive underwear, I wear $26 ex offico boxers and they are worth at least that much. I'd pay more. Yeah, I'm a guy, but I saw "bamboo" scrolling down the forums and couldn't resist!

beakerman
03-01-2009, 23:04
thanks mindi...that helps. Like I said I hate shopping so anything that points the way is good.

beakerman
03-01-2009, 23:04
I didn't know they made bamboo underwear, but it makes sense. I buy GoldToe bamboo socks for around town and they are the most comfortable socks I've ever owned. I'd be down for more bamboo clothing!

As for expensive underwear, I wear $26 ex offico boxers and they are worth at least that much. I'd pay more. Yeah, I'm a guy, but I saw "bamboo" scrolling down the forums and couldn't resist!

yeah bamboo is what caught my eye too

superflatz
03-10-2009, 16:23
As far as guys and bamboo undies go, I used to make flutes out of bamboo as a kid. So, I don't want to scare myself when I have a touch of gas (it might play "Dirty Dancing").

kettish
04-06-2009, 14:09
be Very Careful In Panda Bear Country.

Lmao!