PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Detective Cagle

BumpJumper
02-22-2009, 10:38
He is being nominated for Americas Most Wanted All Stars. He is the Detective that put away the slime ball that killed Meredith on Blood Mountain.
Your votes will help other hikers. Please read how.

http://www.amw.com/allstar/2009/nominee_detail.cfm?id=6229

Cuffs
02-22-2009, 13:11
He is being nominated for Americas Most Wanted All Stars. He is the Detective that put away the slime ball that killed Meredith on Blood Mountain.

http://www.amw.com/allstar/2009/nominee_detail.cfm?id=6229

Nice thought, but how does this help other hikers?

saimyoji
02-22-2009, 13:53
Why you chose to insulate something like this in the women's forum is very interesting. :rolleyes:

Bulldawg
02-22-2009, 14:48
Actually John Cagle was just the lead on a case that involved quite a few civil servants from many branches of law enforcement here in Georgia. I would not go so far as to say:

He is the Detective that put away the slime ball that killed Meredith on Blood Mountain.

I've met Mr. Cagle and my mother knows Mr. Cagle pretty well. But I also know many of the other officers that actually put the case together, did the interviews with Hilton, and many other aspects of the case. So while Mr. cagle did lead the whole deal, I still could not say
He is the Detective that put away the slime ball that killed Meredith on Blood Mountain.

Another question:

How does voting help other hikers??:-?

gungho
02-22-2009, 15:34
Like Bulldawg said,....there were many other law enforcement officials involved, even the leads here in Transylvania co. were crucial to the case.......so, not sure why one individual deserves all the credit.

Bulldawg
02-22-2009, 16:04
Like Bulldawg said,....there were many other law enforcement officials involved, even the leads here in Transylvania co. were crucial to the case.......so, not sure why one individual deserves all the credit.

I don't want to take anything at all away from John Cagle. The guy really went through a lot with the Meredith case. If some of you knew how sick and twisted GMH was/is and the things these men had to hear, it would turn your stomach. John Cagle heard a lot of this. I have heard it is why he left the GBI and went to work on a local level. Not sure about that though. Anyway, the guy DID lead the investigation. But to make a post on a website saying
He is the Detective that put away the slime ball that killed Meredith on Blood Mountain. is not correct.

saimyoji
02-22-2009, 17:06
so if he's not to get sole credit for Hilton's capture, and giving this guy the award won't really help hikers, what's the point of this thread again?

boobs

gungho
02-22-2009, 19:20
I don't want to take anything at all away from John Cagle. The guy really went through a lot with the Meredith case. If some of you knew how sick and twisted GMH was/is and the things these men had to hear, it would turn your stomach. John Cagle heard a lot of this. I have heard it is why he left the GBI and went to work on a local level. Not sure about that though. Anyway, the guy DID lead the investigation. But to make a post on a website saying is not correct.

I was not disrespecting John Cagle......I just know the officials arounf here dealt with the same sick twisted things....the case affected many lives

Bulldawg
02-22-2009, 19:33
I was not disrespecting John Cagle......I just know the officials arounf here dealt with the same sick twisted things....the case affected many lives

Correct, yupperdoodle!!

I just wanted to make certain I was not saying Detective Cagle was not somehow involved in putting GMH away. Just that he was in no way alone in the effort to fry the SOB!!

Egads
02-22-2009, 20:08
Correct, yupperdoodle!!

I just wanted to make certain I was not saying Detective Cagle was not somehow involved in putting GMH away. Just that he was in no way alone in the effort to fry the SOB!!

The SOB isn't gonna fry (in this world anyway)

Bulldawg
02-22-2009, 20:42
The SOB isn't gonna fry (in this world anyway)

He is in Florida, and if not, he'll fry for eternity sooner or later!

Desert Reprobate
02-22-2009, 20:48
I don't think anyone thinks that Detective Cagle solved the case single handed. He was one of the people AMW nominated. Vote accordingly.

Gray Blazer
02-22-2009, 21:24

Maybe help with some mental closure?

Desert Reprobate
02-22-2009, 21:45
Appreciation

Jan LiteShoe
02-22-2009, 23:35

"Mr. Cagle has been one of Right to Hike's biggest supporters and he has extended his generosity to include that if he wins, he would donate his prize to this foundation. A true testament to his character. "

TJ aka Teej
02-23-2009, 10:33
"Mr. Cagle has been one of Right to Hike's biggest supporters and he has extended his generosity to include that if he wins, he would donate his prize to this foundation. A true testament to his character. "
Thanks Jan!

Lone Wolf
02-23-2009, 10:57
what exactly does Right To Hike do?

kanga
02-23-2009, 14:49
i think it lets you have the right to hike.

Gaiter
02-23-2009, 16:07
what exactly does Right To Hike do?

Right to Hike (http://www.righttohikeinc.com/)

In celebrating the life of Meredith Hope Emerson, friends and family have founded Right to Hike, Inc., a non-profit organization that plans to support causes that were close to Meredith's heart, including hiking safety. Funds will be donated to provide hikers and outposts with GPS transmitting devices that will allow hikers to send signals to emergency personnel when in distress. Meredith had a love for the outdoors and we hope to continue this message, while encouraging safe travels

Gaiter
02-23-2009, 16:20

damn one detective did all that work???

D'Artagnan
02-23-2009, 16:33
Should this thread be closed since the voting process ended at midnight on Sunday, February 22, 2009? Just asking...

TOW
02-23-2009, 16:41
I don't want to take anything at all away from John Cagle. The guy really went through a lot with the Meredith case. If some of you knew how sick and twisted GMH was/is and the things these men had to hear, it would turn your stomach. John Cagle heard a lot of this. I have heard it is why he left the GBI and went to work on a local level. Not sure about that though. Anyway, the guy DID lead the investigation. But to make a post on a website saying is not correct.
the link says he is.......

kanga
02-23-2009, 16:42
tow, do you believe everything the links tell you?

TOW
02-23-2009, 16:44
tow, do you believe everything the links tell you?
i am just sayin.............

generoll
02-23-2009, 16:47
damn one detective did all that work???

Somebody's going to win. Might as well be him. Some of us went on an ME memorial hike New Years Day. Didn't change anything nor will winning this contest, but it was and is a nice thought.

envirodiver
02-26-2009, 02:03
Correct, yupperdoodle!!

Did you just say Yupperdoodle?

scots2
03-16-2009, 10:22
Hey, everybody;
Did anybody follow that case from when they first heard a hiker was missing? I find it hard to believe that there was to many that did. I wonder what's going on that they want to reward this guy for what he did or rather what he did not do. They had a great chance to get Hilton that Thursday before he killed Meredith. I am not taking what I say lightly, Mr. Cagel eats at that Huddle House that Hilton called his former boss from. So not knowing where that Huddle House was can't be used as a excuse. The Sheriff wasn't but a mile away, so that can't be used as a excuse. The GBI didn't show up at the Huddle house for four hours. They were talking to North Carolina and Flordia that Thursday the day before she was killed, so they must have guessed what kind of man Hilton was. Hilton's boss called the GBI with in 15 to 20 minutes of hanging up with Hilton. The next day before she was killed and as the white van with Meredith in the back and Hilton driving, he waved to a Dawson County Deputy, Can you believe that just because he changed from a Georgia tag to a North Carolina tag that van changed color and Hilton looked different. Because the dupty waved back. Did they put out a BOLO,(be on the lookout), if they did it must not have been the right one. He did have two van's though, but they were both white Chevy Astros.
I have two daughters and one just turned 24 not long ago, the same age as Miss Emerson. God forbid anything like this should happen, is this what any father or mother has to look foward to?
I think when Mr. Tabor called after talking to that monster and told sa in charge Cagle he sit a trap for Hilton in Atlanta, they gave up on Meredith on a chance that they would catch Hilton the next day. I believe that set her fate. I don't see how Mr. Cagle sleeps at all.:confused: