PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps

bugsybrown
02-22-2009, 10:41
I am trying to put a map of the country together on google maps with hiking trails. I know g.m. has the trimble outdoors option, but it isn't doing what I want. Does anyone have trail info I can import into google maps?

Thanks
Asher

buff_jeff
02-24-2009, 15:10
Do you mean something like this?

http://www.fivemillionsteps.com/trailmap.php

bugsybrown
02-24-2009, 18:34
That is exactly what I am looking for. Do you know how I can import those trails into google earth? My ultimate goal is to have a map of the United States in google earth with all national scenic trails outlined so I can really zoom in. I have looked all over and can't find out how to do what I need in google earth.

buff_jeff
02-24-2009, 20:00
I honestly don't know how you could do it yourself. You can zoom in really well on the trails on that map; could you just use that, or do you need to make your own for a project or something?

bugsybrown
02-24-2009, 20:06
It isn't for a project or anything, I just found some other maps online that were very cluttered and not very helpful

buff_jeff
02-24-2009, 20:10
It isn't for a project or anything, I just found some other maps online that were very cluttered and not very helpful

I don't know, man, I've found that link to be very useful. It seems to have everything you'd want.

heescha
02-25-2009, 22:30
this may sound stupid, but google it. just type in your question and can can find something that could point you in the right direction