PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes breaks 2lb threshold for double wall

stranger
02-22-2009, 22:31
Just thought I would pass along the new tents I stumbled across at Big Agnes, they now have the Fly Creek which comes in at under 2lbs, this is a double walled tent, so that says alot, basically looks like a lighter version of the Seedhouse 1 SL.

Nicksaari
02-22-2009, 23:08
soon enough theyll have hologram tarp-tents that suspends the sleeper above the ground and sheds any weather or predator with an EMI pulse emitting perimeter. atomizes rain droplets and psychologically deters predators of the animal kingdom including human and extra terrestrial life.

Panzer1
02-22-2009, 23:25
Its a double wall as long as you count the no-see um as the first wall.

Panzer

FamilyGuy
02-22-2009, 23:40
Actual weight is 2lb, 6oz packed as it requires 11-13 pegs to fully set up (BA has understated the packed weight). Still impressive but very little headroom and 4 inches shorter than the Seedhouse SL1. The question is ultimately....why? Cut weight at the expense of room.

Wags
02-23-2009, 01:43
probably b/c there's people out there who like to say "oh yeah? my tent is a double wall sub 2lb tent sup?" and will pay a boatload of money for it

take-a-knee
02-23-2009, 02:07
soon enough theyll have hologram tarp-tents that suspends the sleeper above the ground and sheds any weather or predator with an EMI pulse emitting perimeter. atomizes rain droplets and psychologically deters predators of the animal kingdom including human and extra terrestrial life.

Well I can't help you with all the wazzoo crap but Tom Hennessy can help you get your a$$ off the ground if you can find two trees.

boarstone
02-23-2009, 09:45
Well I can't help you with all the wazzoo crap but Tom Hennessy can help you get your a$$ off the ground if you can find two trees.

And that's enough halograming for me!...........:D

Summit
02-23-2009, 13:42
Actual weight is 2lb, 6oz packed as it requires 11-13 pegs to fully set up (BA has understated the packed weight). Still impressive but very little headroom and 4 inches shorter than the Seedhouse SL1. The question is ultimately....why? Cut weight at the expense of room.Exactly! I'll be impressed when they come out with a not-all-mesh tent that will keep you warm on those cold spring/fall mornings at 2 1/2 lbs (realistically). And I would not go less than a two-person tent so as to have room for me and all my gear and room to move around a little when weather confines me to the tent for hours.