PDA

View Full Version : Gear list for section hike last week of april...

webejpn01
02-24-2009, 17:53
Ok, this is not the whole list, but just the stuff i had in my pack from last time ('06). We will be section hiking from Neels gap to Dick's Creek in Georgia the last week of April.

Osprey Aether 85 large pack 4lbs 15oz
MSR Zoid 2 Tent 5lb 3oz
Mountain Hardware 2nd Dimension 15* bag 4lb
MSR pocket rocket stove 4oz
Titan Titanium pot 4oz
Hand sanitizer, titanium spork, lighter, salt and pepper, scotch brite 5oz
MiniWorks water purifier 1lb
First Aid kit 1lb 7oz
tooth brush and past 2oz
journal 6oz
bladder 5.5oz
Prolite 4 Long pad 2lb 1oz
Leki Super Makalul poles 1lb 6oz
pack cover 4oz

So i am at 21.5lbs approx. so far without clothes, food, water added in.

I am 6'6" and 265lbs. I did approach to neels in '06 with a 50lb pack and rather not do that again. I did just fine, but wouldnt mind more comfort and ease.

I will probaly be getting a lighter and smaller slumberjack sleeping bag, splitting a tent with my brother. Ill have 1 pair of pants/shorts, 2 lightweight shirts, 2 pairs socks, 2 pairs undies, 1 midweight shirt and 1 heavy shirt, rain gear (probaly trade my columbia stuff for frogg toggs).

Manwich
02-24-2009, 18:04
If I were you (but I'm not)

I'd lose the 1lb First Aid Kit (some shirt fabric, small thing of pills, a couple safety pins and natural splints could easily replace whatever the hell you've got 1lb 7oz of...)

i'd also lose the 6oz journal and would just bring a bic pen and rolled paper up into the tube.

+8oz for a 4oz fuel canister, +4oz more if its the bigger 8oz can.

I'm somebody who hikes with the poles in my hand pretty much anytime, so i usually don't count it for my packweight.

webejpn01
02-24-2009, 18:10
I didnt have a full can of the red MSR fuel for my stove, so i couldnt add that in.

The only reason i included the poles is because i am counting everything including what i am wearing.

10-4 on the journal and first aid kit.

daddytwosticks
02-24-2009, 21:01
Don't know what you mean by a heavy shirt, but I'd bring some good insulation, like a 200 wt fleece or some type of Thermawrap clone. I like three pair of socks myself. How about camp shoes?

webejpn01
02-24-2009, 22:40
yeah, a fleece of that weight is kinda what i was thinking.
the last time i went was 2nd week of may and it really was only cold the first 2hrs in the morning.

i brought crocs the last time, not sure about this time.