PDA

View Full Version : Looking for section hike partner for AT

Katie
02-25-2009, 03:36
I am looking for hiking partner, over 50. Have done sections to Clingman's Dome, want to go to north, 180-200 miles. Flexible dates.
Katie

Red Hat
02-25-2009, 11:18
I'll be doing a section in VA this April/May. Pm me if interested in hiking that.

Katie
02-25-2009, 13:10
Hi Thanks for response. Late May would work, April and early May I am taking care of bee hives. What part in VA?
Katie

maxNcathy
02-25-2009, 13:14
Hi Katie,

I hike each spring for a month or so. This year I have been thinking of starting April 16th at Hot Spring, NC..hike north 2 weeks to Kincora then hike back south to my motorcycle parked in Hot Springs.

I am a retired elem school teacher, married, live in Canada..hike about 9-13 miles per day..

TerryC
03-05-2009, 20:32
Hi Katie: I too am a midwestern 50+ female, probably doing a N Va - Md section with my daughter in late May but thinking of going back out in late June or July for a couple more weeks, could do Clingmans Dome and north then. Let me know if interested.

Katie
03-27-2009, 02:00
Hi Terry C
Hello to another woman flatlander who backpacks!
I would be very interested in hiking Clingman's Dome northbound.
I did sign up for a Colorado Trail hike June 28-July 10. So looks like August would be my best time. Would that be a possiblity for you? I could go end of May to early June, but I am a beekeeper so that is a high demand time for me. If necessary, I could change the CO dates but I'd need to do that soon. Good to hear from you.
Katie

TerryC
03-29-2009, 23:20
Great to hear back from you! Late July/early August might work well for me, may depend on how things go on the May section. Perhaps you could PM me and we could discuss further? terryc