PDA

View Full Version : Section Hiker Forum

Hood Ornament
05-18-2004, 10:57
The link to WhiteBlazes.net on the ATC web sites states that White Blazes has a section hiker forum. Unfortunately, I can't find it. Was it originally a part of White Blazes and then deleted?

I think a section hiker forum would be desirable to discuss the concerns facing this large population of the AT community, which probably exceeds that of the thru hiker community, considering the number of potential thru hikers each year which become section hikers by not completing the trail or skipping sections. Many of the section hiker concerns are quite different from those of the thru hiker, are are not addressed by much of the available AT material.

Tin Man
07-03-2004, 18:23
I think a section hiker forum would be desirable to discuss the concerns facing this large population of the AT community, which probably exceeds that of the thru hiker community, considering the number of potential thru hikers each year which become section hikers by not completing the trail or skipping sections. Many of the section hiker concerns are quite different from those of the thru hiker, are are not addressed by much of the available AT material.

Sounds good. Uhh, what would you like to discuss? :-?