PDA

View Full Version : clip flashlight/Granite Gear

Cast Away
02-26-2009, 21:38
If I buy the Clip Flashlight, will it be to bulky or heavy at 4.6lbs to carry in a Vapor Trail or a Nimbus Ozone with all else that I have to carry?

I need a 2 person, tested, proven tent without spending $200.

Thanks

Phreak
02-26-2009, 21:44
It depends on what else you plan on carrying. Posting your gear list would help.

stranger
02-26-2009, 22:02
I would say too bulky and too heavy, especially if you have something like a Vapor Trail that has no substantial internal suspension.

Check out something like the Light Year, or Big Agnes Seedhouse 1, both under 3lbs and somewhat roomy tents, the Seedhouse is on sale if you search the web.

Cast Away
02-26-2009, 22:24
It depends on what else you plan on carrying. Posting your gear list would help.

I am not thru hiking. Don't see myself going out more than a week at a time.

Campmor 20* down sleeping bag
Alcohol stove/windscreen/pot stand
Kmart Grease Pot
plastic spoon
bandana
waterproof matches
mini lighter
firestarter (cotton balls)
swiss army pocket knife (not in pack)
duct tape
sunscreen
ibuprofen
deet
heet (8 oz)

clothes Im wearing and 1 change of clothes
extra socks
small notepad
pen
2lbs of food for 3 or 4 days
2 Gatorade bottles of water or 2 liter bladder
aqua mira droplets
whistle
30ft of cord

Thats mainly it.

Phreak
02-26-2009, 22:45
I am not thru hiking. Don't see myself going out more than a week at a time.

Campmor 20* down sleeping bag
Alcohol stove/windscreen/pot stand
Kmart Grease Pot
plastic spoon
bandana
waterproof matches
mini lighter
firestarter (cotton balls)
swiss army pocket knife (not in pack)
duct tape
sunscreen
ibuprofen
deet
heet (8 oz)

clothes Im wearing and 1 change of clothes
extra socks
small notepad
pen
2lbs of food for 3 or 4 days
2 Gatorade bottles of water or 2 liter bladder
aqua mira droplets
whistle
30ft of cord

Thats mainly it.
You should have no issues with your gear and the Vapor Trail.

Cast Away
02-26-2009, 23:33
You should have no issues with your gear and the Vapor Trail.

Thank you Phreak. I know you have experience with the Vapor Trail, so I trust your opinion.

Cast Away
02-26-2009, 23:36
I would say too bulky and too heavy, especially if you have something like a Vapor Trail that has no substantial internal suspension.

Check out something like the Light Year, or Big Agnes Seedhouse 1, both under 3lbs and somewhat roomy tents, the Seedhouse is on sale if you search the web.

I looked at both of these, but my wife may go with me sometimes and we will need a 2 person tent. I saw the Seedhouse SL1 on sale for $187 but they were already out of stock.

Thanks

take-a-knee
02-26-2009, 23:39
I looked at both of these, but my wife may go with me sometimes and we will need a 2 person tent. I saw the Seedhouse SL1 on sale for $187 but they were already out of stock.

Thanks

Get a Tarptent, you won't regret it.

Feral Bill
02-26-2009, 23:49
The Clip Flashlight is snug for two, roomy for one. Altogether a great tent. Most outfitters would have one in stock. Go see if it fits the pack yourself.

theinfamousj
02-27-2009, 01:03
There is a Seedhouse SL2, though that is very cosy for two. (I own one for couple camping. The boyfriend says, "A little cramped for two. You and I are pretty small and it is still cramped.")

I saw the Hubba Hubba for the first time today. It appears to have all the features of the Seedhouse SL2 but more room.

gohawks
02-27-2009, 01:49
You can fit that in either granite gear pack no problem.

I pack a 2 man tent and the campmor bag. Also stove, clothes, blah, blah, blah.

I have enough room for my son's sleeping bag as well.

I have the GGNO

Egads
02-27-2009, 06:36
I leave my Clip in the closet. It is too heavy, too big in the pack, and not freestanding. I prefer a hammock or a MLD Patrol tarp to a tent. Both of these are in your budget.