PDA

View Full Version : Update on Lone Wolf

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

camojack
03-03-2009, 22:37
Just talked to Gypsy, Wolf is stable and doing okay, he has been awake and talking but then he goes back asleep. He is aware of what happened. The nurses seem to think this a typical thing that is happening with him and that his heart just needs to get readjusted and that is what it is doing with these episodes.
Thanks for the update, Larry...and to everyone who knows more about the process, for helping us to not worry. Too much.

The Weasel
03-03-2009, 22:52
It took me four days for my heart rhythm to settle down. It hasn't missed a beat in the last 12 years, except for when I leaned a bit too far forward at Charlie's Bunion.

TW

orangebug
03-03-2009, 23:00
I've quickly browsed the thread over the last 2 days. The Bugs have LW, Gypsy and all in our prayers.

Get back and be obnoxious soon!

BobTheBuilder
03-03-2009, 23:05
God bless and get well, LW. I look forward to meeting you this fall instead of this spring.

mtnkngxt
03-03-2009, 23:14
Hang in there Wolf we're all pulling for ya buddy.

Local
03-04-2009, 00:14
Just back from the hospital. Gypsy also sent my daughter Elena home, and is staying in the room with Wolf tonight. The nurse has been very comforting to her, very reassuring. It seems from the bits and pieces we pick up that Wolf's heart stopped three times tonight, but now he seems more stable and resting well. He will be given something to help him sleep. Many of you on this forum have professional expertise on Wolf's condition, and I think Gypsy would appreciate speaking with you. The surgeon who did the operation is excellent medically but does not have good communication skills, and Gypsy seems frustrated by a lack of information. Footslogger, Hooch, Weasel, others of you seem to have clinical knowledge which might be helpful to her. Contact me, grsmith07 @ gmail.com (remove spaces) if you want her number. Also please keep in mind that doctors and friends are advising total rest for Wolf for the next few days.

Alligator
03-04-2009, 00:31
Hang in there LW, and you too Gypsy. There's a whole lot of goodwill aimed in your direction, breathe it in deep and let it strengthen your hearts.

prain4u
03-04-2009, 00:54
I'm a relative newbie to WhiteBlaze (about 3 months). I have always been impressed by Lone Wolf's expertise in so many different areas, his numerous "smart aleck" comments, and his ability to say so much in just of few short words.

(Unfortunately, I am just the opposite. I say almost nothing and I take so many darn paragraphs to not say it!).

Hang in there Lone Wolf and Gypsy. This poor country preacher from Illinois (and former chaplain in a cardiac care unit) is praying for you!

ChinMusic
03-04-2009, 01:13
Also please keep in mind that doctors and friends are advising total rest for Wolf for the next few days.
A couple zero days are def in order.

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 07:13
Holy Cow this is a heck of an afternoon. I called to say Hi to LW, got to talk to him for a couple of minutes. He was joking around at first then started sounding tired so he asked me to talk to Gypsy, which I was doing when some nurses came in asking him if he was OK. Then all of a sudden Gypsy said "gotta Go!"

Scared me to death, and I immediately started praying! Then called Rock. Who told me to call The Only Wanderer or someone in Damascus. TOW called over to the hospital... sure enough, my fears were confirmed. LW is now back in CCU. According to what TOW just told me LW is stable, but they are still working with him.

Will keep y'all updated as I get the updates.

i went v-tac then v-fib. rushed my big ass back to CICU. shocked me back to reality. sorry dixi

neighbor dave
03-04-2009, 07:15
ang in there LW. i know you're one tough bastid:welcome

Marta
03-04-2009, 07:28
Good morning, Wolfie! And a very good morning it is, is you are awake and online! Take care.

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 07:34
Good morning, Wolfie! And a very good morning it is, is you are awake and online! Take care.

yup. just a coupla blowdowns on the trail. i'm makin' miles

Tin Man
03-04-2009, 07:37
now don't get yourself all worked up. rest is what you need. try a book or a minnie's trail journal. and no grab ass with gypsy or the nurses!

if you are walking, use the leikis

Marta
03-04-2009, 07:38

Excellent. We're looking forward to the day when you walk out of that big shelter, and get back to your own tent.

hikingshoes
03-04-2009, 07:40
LW,good to see your online tells me your alittle better and that is GREAT!,Looking at your post you must have been shocked twice to get you heart back to normal.I know you dont know me but being a brother at arms makes you close to me in that way.Hang in there my brother,and Take care,Charles

camojack
03-04-2009, 07:45
i went v-tac then v-fib. rushed my big ass back to CICU. shocked me back to reality. sorry dixi
Hmmm...I think getting your heart going again took precedence over a phone call. :-?

Anyway, since you're posting, you must be doing (much!!!) better. Keep it up... ;)

D'Artagnan
03-04-2009, 07:51
Rest and take care of yourself. You gave us all quite a scare there. Looking forward to seeing you back in Damascus real soon. Only hoping the best for both you and Gypsy!

TOW
03-04-2009, 07:51
Right on Wolf!!!!~!~

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 07:52
once again i want to thank everybody on here for all the prayers and kind words. they mean a lot.i even talked to the big guy for a little. i may get moved out of intensive today.gotta make sure the plumbing and wiring is in sync

bigcranky
03-04-2009, 07:52
Dude, good to see you up and about this morning.

dixicritter
03-04-2009, 07:54

Dude you really didn't have to go all out over my callin ya! ;) just kiddin and absolutely no need to say your sorry Wolfie! I'm just tickled pink that you're OK

Hmmm...I think getting your heart going again took precedence over a phone call. :-?

Absolutely!!!!

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 07:55
Dude, good to see you up and about this morning.

was a long 14 hrs on my back with stuffin both arms and O2 mask i'm up in a chair

TOW
03-04-2009, 07:57
was a long 14 hrs on my back with stuffin both arms and O2 mask i'm up in a chair
How you feeling brother, man the prayer warriors were rocking all night long for ya!

Mother Nature
03-04-2009, 07:58
Alllllright! I just popped up for the day and flipped the switch to see what's new.... and there you are WOLF! Online!

I know you are a changed man! When I saw that picture of you walking down the hall with a gown on backwards to cover your ass, I just knew you had turned a new leaf.. I remember the times you were proud to show your butt to the crowd. :sun

TOW
03-04-2009, 08:01
You are one tough old coot and you are so very loved. After I got back from the hospital last night, my phone rang and rang and the emails were just flooding in from people wanting to know about you.

I cannot come today, I need to work. But when you come home, I will be there for you. Now get your arse home!

Marta
03-04-2009, 08:01
Do you often have this effect on men, Dixi?

camojack
03-04-2009, 08:03
Be still, my heart. No, WAIT!!! :eek:

dixicritter
03-04-2009, 08:03

This was a new one on me Marta... really don't wanna have that experience again!!!!

mtnkngxt
03-04-2009, 08:12
Good to hear your feeling better LW. Get some rest.

vonfrick
03-04-2009, 08:14
great news wolf- you really had us worried there.

Gaiter
03-04-2009, 08:15
great news wolf- you really had us worried there.

^
ditto

Two Speed
03-04-2009, 08:16
What they said, and best wishes. Now get your monkey ass in bed and get some rest, dammit.

Roots
03-04-2009, 08:19
It is ssoooo good to hear you are better!! Tons of rest is in order!!! Gungho and I are still sending plenty of positive thoughts!!! :sun

mrc237
03-04-2009, 08:32
You're a LUCKY GUY! Play the lottery first chance!!

JAK
03-04-2009, 08:36
Wow. It's a beautiful day so far. Praise God.
Hope Wolfie and Gypsy have a fine and easy day today.

Footslogger
03-04-2009, 08:36
You said it well Wolf ...it's all about getting the plumbing and electric stuff synched up. Sometimes it takes a while. On top of that your body is trying to get used to all the drugs they are pumping into you.

I went up and down for several days and I wasn't very patient about it. But they got it all worked out and I ended up back on my feet. You'll be there soon enough. Right now your body needs rest. It's been through a cross-fire hurricane. Sounds like you are in good hands.

Hang in there and take a couple zero's for re-supply and laundry.

'Slogger

envirodiver
03-04-2009, 08:39
Great to hear from you Wolf, lot's of folks were worried.

warraghiyagey
03-04-2009, 08:40
There's a couple dudes that would be fun to hike with, 'Slogger and LW. Lookin forward to it someday, even if I have to hike from Virginia to Wyoming.:sun:sun

BumpJumper
03-04-2009, 08:47
LW...glad to see you are ok.

Billygoatbritt
03-04-2009, 08:51
prayers fo a speedy recovery!

Footslogger
03-04-2009, 09:00
Stay well now Wolf ...

I'm headed for the treadmill to knock out a few miles in your honor. Hell, I'll even slackpack you man.

'Slogger

Gadog430
03-04-2009, 09:05
Get well soon. Our family went thru this last year with my Daddy. It seems in the beginning that you might not feel better...but eventually you really do. He is up to 3-4 miles walking and is almost completely recovered. It does come in time.

We are praying you continue to improve. And that the setbacks are few.

Dawg

Lugnut
03-04-2009, 09:09
once again i want to thank everybody on here for all the prayers and kind words. they mean a lot.i even talked to the big guy for a little. i may get moved out of intensive today.gotta make sure the plumbing and wiring is in sync

Generally when my phone rings very early in the morning it isn't good news. Today was a different story when TOW called. My day is off to a great start and it sounds like yours is too.
Since you're talkin' to the big guy now be sure to say thanks. We all are!

Lilred
03-04-2009, 09:11
Thank God you're ok Wolf.

7Sisters
03-04-2009, 09:13

Lonewolf,

Have been thinking about you and gypsy. You guys have been in my thoughts. Stay strong and get back to health.

Peace be with you

4eyedbuzzard
03-04-2009, 09:13
And here I woke up and thought I had a rough night with indigestion from some chili...:o

LW, my sincere best wishes for your speedy recovery.

JJJ
03-04-2009, 09:18
.....i even talked to the big guy for a little. ... Whoa! Now that's scary! Usually it's just a few angels or somethin'. Glad to see ya doing better.:):welcome:

TOW
03-04-2009, 09:19
Just talked to Wolf and he is doing great!

Kirby
03-04-2009, 09:23
Lone Wolf, you old bafoon, you better recover, I expect to see you at the next trail days I attend.

Take care of yourself.

sheepdog
03-04-2009, 09:23
Just talked to Wolf and he is doing great!
Very cool. Prayers being answered, Prayers still comming.

TOW
03-04-2009, 09:24
Whoa! Now that's scary! Usually it's just a few angels or somethin'. Glad to see ya doing better.:):welcome:A friend of mine and I were talking on the phone last night and we figured that Wolf was just checking out a little bit to have a trailside chat so to speak with the Big Guy. And I believe without a doubt that Wolf and the Big Guy has got a plan!

Wolf is just way too important and good to have to go through the Big Guy's angels, the Big Guy knows that direct contact is needed here.

the goat
03-04-2009, 09:29
glad to see you're doing better wolf; i've no doubt you'll be just fine.

Rentman
03-04-2009, 09:30
Hey Wolf, great to see your doing alright, Yeh, the Big Guy loves ya as much as everyone here..............slow going, lotta ups comin but your over the hump..............:sun Rentman....................

Doubletime
03-04-2009, 09:41
Sounds like you found a true Trail Angel. Hang in there, I'll be meetin up with ya some day

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-04-2009, 09:49
Dearest LW,

I owe you several of those special dino 'pedicures' for giving the rest of us some serious heart palpitations ;). Let me know when you are up to being pedicured.

In the mean time I'll just keep the comforting and healing dino tail curled tightly around you and that beautiful lady that shares your life. If there is anything at all we can do for you or Gypsy, don't hesitate to call, text or email. The contact info is in Gypsy's PMs. I can be in Bristol within a couple of hours.

Love,
She-Dino

double d
03-04-2009, 09:51
Lone Wolf, your in my thoughts and prayers, God bless.

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 09:52
Dearest LW,

I owe you several of those special dino 'pedicures' for giving the rest of us some serious heart palpitations ;). Let me know when you are up to being pedicured.

In the mean time I'll just keep the comforting and healing dino tail curled tightly around you and that beautiful lady that shares your life. If there is anything at all we can do for you or Gypsy, don't hesitate to call, text or email. The contact info is in Gypsy's PMs. I can be in Bristol within a couple of hours.

Love,
She-Dino

thanks. things are cool here. pray for gypsy. she's worried

Rain Man
03-04-2009, 09:54

So glad to hear! One change for the better already... you've become absolutely VERBOSE!!! That's a whole new side of you we've not seen before.
:D
Rain:sunMan

snowhoe
03-04-2009, 09:54
Lonewolf I didnt know that you were in the hospital until I saw it on Fox news. Megyn Kelly said "the beloved hiker of the trail and of my heart had a heart attack today. But seems to be doing fine." I flew off the couch and got on WB. Hope you feel better and take it easy dont try to be a hero.

SGT Rock
03-04-2009, 10:00
Great to see you posting again - means you must be doing well.

And taken a cue from that last post of yours...

Hey WhiteBlazers. I know everyone means well, but from now on can we stop speculating on Lone Wolf's medical procedures and chances of making it. Wolf will ALWAYS be wolf. He is probably already trying to get his zipper turned into a tat of a blue blaze. But his loved ones may be reading this and they don't need to see people making odds on his recovery and discussing the installation of gizmos into his chest. Keep with the well wishes and good natured comments please.

We now return you back to your thread.

SawnieRobertson
03-04-2009, 10:21
Hi, Lone Wolf and Gypsy. God wants you to be well. He/She is not through with you. You've got a great, meaningful life ahead of you. You've been blessed.--Kinnickinic

Blister
03-04-2009, 10:23
A great relief, so do you need a ride to the warmer? Just kidding, rest well, Once that sparkle is back in those blue eyes Gypsy will be OK, wait a minute, Gypsy is the sparkle in good ole LW's eyes.

Blissful
03-04-2009, 10:39
SOOOO glad to see you posting!! Gets lots of rest, the ticker needs it right now.

Love you guys.

MOWGLI
03-04-2009, 10:44
LW, you must have been a Postal Worker in a previous life. Neither, rain, snow, dark of night, or open heart surgery will prevent you from posting on Whiteblaze. :D

Glad to hear you are doing better after last night.

Blissful
03-04-2009, 10:47
LW, you must have been a Postal Worker in a previous life. Neither, rain, snow, dark of night, or open heart surgery will prevent you from posting on Whiteblaze. :D

LOL - this was really funny.

Good to laugh today. Yesterday was tough..we're all family and we're all here together, even if in cyberspace.

High Life
03-04-2009, 10:56
Damn it Wolfe .. I just gonna put it out there man

I love you , We all love you ...and that goes for gypsy too

now I'm not a very religious guy but im going to go knee down by my bed right now

and say something for you both right now

I know you're gonna get better

so happy to hear from you this morning ...

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 10:57

Hey WhiteBlazers. I know everyone means well, but from now on can we stop speculating on Lone Wolf's medical procedures and chances of making it. Wolf will ALWAYS be wolf. He is probably already trying to get his zipper turned into a tat of a blue blaze. But his loved ones may be reading this and they don't need to see people making odds on his recovery and discussing the installation of gizmos into his chest. Keep with the well wishes and good natured comments please.

my odds are good.onlybeen shocked 4 times

steve43
03-04-2009, 10:57
LW.... glad to see you're feeling well enough to post. you and gypsy will be staying in my thoughts and prayers.

fifo

4eyedbuzzard
03-04-2009, 11:00
my odds are good.onlybeen shocked 4 times

That deserves an honorary IBEW (http://www.ibew.org/) card ;)

BAG "o" TRICKS
03-04-2009, 11:02
Hang in there Wolf and Gypsy, everything will be fine. Wolf I talked with Wee Willie and we need a third for our annual Thru-hike from Springer to Neel’s or at least Woody Gap. :eek: Looking forwards to seeing you both real soon.
Wolf I heard a rumor that the Only Wanderer is filling in for you as ambulance driver until you're mended:). Now I'm just curious, who is the acting mayor in your absence?:)

peanuts
03-04-2009, 11:03
lw, glad you are doing better. but please, take it easy, don't over do it...
sending lots of hugs to gypsy. glad to see u post.

High Life
03-04-2009, 11:08
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2044/1590095220_15169f39e9_b.jpg

Wolf ( getting ready with the bird ) , Godfather ( sobo07) ,Pitate and ( sorry man forgot his name , you guys im sure will know ) oct'07

wakapak
03-04-2009, 11:08
Glad to see ya on here Wolf, and hear that you are doing well! Chaco and I have been thinking of you and Gypsy ALOT the past few days, sending our thoughts your way. If there's anything you or Gypsy need let us know, we are just down the road from ya'll!

Mags
03-04-2009, 11:12
Best of luck in the recovery! You have a lot of people sending good vibes you and Gypsy's way!

BAG "o" TRICKS
03-04-2009, 11:13

He's a 'Marine' Rock, he can handle it.;)

flemdawg1
03-04-2009, 11:18
Prayers sent and get well soon LW.

BAG "o" TRICKS
03-04-2009, 11:22
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2044/1590095220_15169f39e9_b.jpg

Wolf ( getting ready with the bird ) , Godfather ( sobo07) ,Pitate and ( sorry man forgot his name , you guys im sure will know ) oct'07

I know it isn't, but that guy to the right of Pirate sure looks like Saco with a big long beard. Met the Godfather a few times on his Sobo, what a character.

TOW
03-04-2009, 11:26
Hang in there Wolf and Gypsy, everything will be fine. Wolf I talked with Wee Willie and we need a third for our annual Thru-hike from Springer to Neel’s or at least Woody Gap. :eek: Looking forwards to seeing you both real soon.
Wolf I heard a rumor that the Only Wanderer is filling in for you as ambulance driver until you're mended:). Now I'm just curious, who is the acting mayor in your absence?:)The mayor is not down yet.........and I have had the ambulance remodified with a 427 interceptor.......vrooooooooommmmmmmmm!

TOW
03-04-2009, 11:28
I know it isn't, but that guy to the right of Pirate sure looks like Saco with a big long beard. Met the Godfather a few times on his Sobo, what a character.
Yes he was quite the character...........

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 11:29

the guy far right is Mac,a local

bigmac_in
03-04-2009, 11:33
Glad to seen you doing better today LW. Keep on truckin' brother.

SouthMark
03-04-2009, 11:35
Wolf, sure am glad you decided to hang around longer. When you are up to it I would like a three word opinion on Oxygen Tents as a shelter on the AT.

Hang in there,
SouthMark

mindi
03-04-2009, 12:10
So glad to get on here this morning and see that you are up and posting. Continuing to pray for both you and Gypsy. I'm glad you are surrounded by such great people, I hope ALL of you are getting some rest now.

Swamp Thing
03-04-2009, 12:54
Hey Wolf, just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. You and Gypsy are due for a swamp tour!! Kelly and the kids say hello.

general
03-04-2009, 14:08
heart attack! well, that's worth at least one or two nalgenes of kmq.

speedy recovery man.

cannonball
03-04-2009, 15:26
Talking to the big guy upstairs huh? I imagine that conversation went something like this:

LW: shelters suck
God: I know. I Did'nt build them
LW: I don't filter water
God: I don't need to
LW: I hate lekis
God: I use along staff type number.
LW: I don't hate Hostels I just like a private room.
God; me too. Thats why the bible says there are many mansions in my house.

Junk yard dog mean, wheter yuor on your back or in the chair.

wrongway_08
03-04-2009, 15:42
great news to hear, glad you back and in recovery mode!

The Weasel
03-04-2009, 15:57
Interesting stats on messages and reads. Not impossible this will set a record for each.

TW

jlb2012
03-04-2009, 16:17
freeking unlikely when you consider the record holder: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13082

The Weasel
03-04-2009, 16:21
freeking unlikely when you consider the record holder: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13082

Doesn't have to be impossible.

TW

fehchet
03-04-2009, 16:33
Thought of you all day with prayers, of course. Glad to come home and see you have posted a few times. There is a great deal of wonderful healing energy pouring at you right now.
that guy

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 16:40
they're kickin' me out ICU.i ain't actin' sick enuf. belew and wonder just left. D'artagnan just sent some real nice flowers. once again, thanks to all of you for the wishes. i gotta bunch of e-cards delivered today. on to the new shelter

ChinMusic
03-04-2009, 16:45
May have to rename you...."Timex"

gungho
03-04-2009, 16:47
Great news Lone wolf, gald to see you getting back to your old self, take it easy and yell if you need anything

Kirby
03-04-2009, 16:58
What amazed me about LW was how after I met him, I walked into the library to post something here on WB, literally a 10 foot walk, and he managed to go home and post something before me.

Not fair.

Take care LW

Alligator
03-04-2009, 17:00
What amazed me about LW was how after I met him, I walked into the library to post something here on WB, literally a 10 foot walk, and he managed to go home and post something before me.

Not fair.

Take care LWHe's got an Iphone.

Alligator
03-04-2009, 17:05
He's got an Iphone.It's why he keeps everything short. Scroll up he's got big thumbs.

Groucho
03-04-2009, 17:08
May have to rename you...."Timex"

Thought of that this morn. For the youngsters: Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Manwich
03-04-2009, 17:12
It's why he keeps everything short. Scroll up he's got big thumbs.

ah now it all makes sense.

woot, 600th post!

Footslogger
03-04-2009, 17:18
they're kickin' me out ICU.i ain't actin' sick enuf. belew and wonder just left. D'artagnan just sent some real nice flowers. once again, thanks to all of you for the wishes. i gotta bunch of e-cards delivered today. on to the new shelter
===============================

Make sure the water supply is good by the new shelter ...

Get well !

'Slogger

Alligator
03-04-2009, 17:18
ah now it all makes sense.

woot, 600th post!I'm not sure he still has it though. I think he said it got ruined when he was staying at the Peter's Mountain shelter. It fell out when he was pumping water.

Alligator
03-04-2009, 17:21

Make sure the water supply is good by the new shelter ...

Get well !

'SloggerThat's not a spring box in there!

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 17:27
That's not a spring box in there!

it's a badet'? :eek:

Monkeyboy
03-04-2009, 17:29
That's French for Water Fountain...........

Footslogger
03-04-2009, 17:39
it's a badet'? :eek:

==============================

Damn dude ...you are up town. They didn't have badet's at the joint in Denver where they kept me captive for 2 weeks.

'Slogger

High Life
03-04-2009, 17:39
on to the new shelter
I thought you didn't do shelters ... :banana

YOU'RE The Bonana King Lone Wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCSXr6qnv4

Local
03-04-2009, 17:40
Wolf, I just went by your house, Gypsy's car has notes stuck all over it. We'll come by briefly later this evening.

cannonball
03-04-2009, 17:57

Damn dude ...you are up town. They didn't have badet's at the joint in Denver where they kept me captive for 2 weeks.

'Slogger

Tallahassee Memorial Hospital had butt car washers,:banana

leeki pole
03-04-2009, 18:01
I'm thinking about getting LW a T-shirt....."J'ai un solitare dans mon bidet"....just the right thing for his quick recovery! Betcha didn't know some of us rednecks knew French.:D

TOW
03-04-2009, 18:10
well i do not know french, how about someone chime me in as to what you guys are a talkin' about?

TOW
03-04-2009, 18:12

Manwich
03-04-2009, 18:13

so you can eat stress or you can eat without being stressed?

Groucho
03-04-2009, 18:18
well i do not know french, how about someone chime me in as to what you guys are a talkin' about?

Bidet-Rear, er..., device: Could be used as a water fountain?

WARNING: LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/Content/Bidet/bidet.html

TOW
03-04-2009, 18:23
Bidet-Rear, er..., device: Could be used as a water fountain?

WARNING: LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/Content/Bidet/bidet.html
Hmmmmmmm, that does look tantalizing........:-?

But I just ain't into that sort of thing, well not that I would admit to it anyway.........:cool:

4eyedbuzzard
03-04-2009, 18:27
The Bellagio has the best bidet

http://www.abekleinfeld.com/images/Las%20Vegas%202-03/Bellagio-Fountains-from-Eiffel-2-03.jpg

vjh
03-04-2009, 20:13
:eek:Dang, dude, you shocked all of us!! I worked all day today not knowing how you were ...glad to see you are on your way back to being your ornrey self...many good thoughts, hugs, wishes being sent to you and Gypsy from NE Ohio. Suzanne called me today to make sure I was up on the latest...keep cussin' :) Guess you'll be switching to lemonade and a veggie burger plate with a side order of carrots at Dot's :) Get well soon and see ya in May!!
vera

Jaybird62
03-04-2009, 20:15
Hey wolf, glad to see you posting bro.....though we have never met, you are in my familys thoughts and prayers. Keep on keeping on man!!!! :)

JAK
03-04-2009, 20:16
You know things must be ok when you come back and the topic is bidets.
Still praying for ya LW.

Deerleg
03-04-2009, 20:27
God bless LW. I love your humor and right to the point insight. Hope you can take a nice cat nap this summer like my cat Smeagol likes to do. :sun
http://i39.tinypic.com/35iu13r.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i39.tinypic.com/35iu13r.jpg%5B/IMG%5D)

CrumbSnatcher
03-04-2009, 20:31
hope your felling better today wolf. hurry back. crumb,bipolar stroller,nickel,dime and bomb diggitty

Jack Tarlin
03-04-2009, 20:32
Have any of you ever met Wolf's cat Ruckus?

If not, then please stow those ideas of getting him a little puppy to help with his recovery.

There are certainly more expeditious ways, and certainly much cheaper ones, of providing Ruckus with a nutritious and satisfying lunch. :D

Lone Wolf
03-04-2009, 20:38
Have any of you ever met Wolf's cat Ruckus?

If not, then please stow those ideas of getting him a little puppy to help with his recovery.

There are certainly more expeditious ways, and certainly much cheaper ones, of providing Ruckus with a nutritious and satisfying lunch. :D

Gwenny is daddy's little girl though. she'll help me recover

SGT Rock
03-04-2009, 20:43
Maybe a dachshund. Bela loves her uncle Wolfie.

Footslogger
03-04-2009, 20:46
...or you could go my route and get a Lab/Rotweiler mix. There's good news and bad news (potentially) though ...

The bad news is that the Rottie in her might cause her to bite your arm off.

The good news is that the Lab in her will at least retrieve the arm and give it back to you.

'Slogger

SGT Rock
03-04-2009, 20:48
That is like this one:

Q - What do you get when you cross a hunting dog and a hyena?

A - A dog that points at you and laughs.

superman
03-04-2009, 20:56
LW...Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the heck happened?' :)

TOW
03-04-2009, 22:11
LW...Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the heck happened?' :)
shoot i still feel like i am in first grade........:banana

Lugnut
03-04-2009, 22:15
You act like it too! :D

peanuts
03-04-2009, 22:37
great news.....:banana

TOW
03-04-2009, 23:00
You act like it too! :D
what are you really sayin', get right to the point...........:D

1Pint
03-04-2009, 23:05
Gypsy - I'm thinking of how hard this must be for you to see your strong partner recovering from such a scary surgery. I hope you can feel how much we are all pulling for you both.

Lone Wolf - Looking forward to hearing some new joke material out of you at the next SoRuck. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with some really good ones during all the rest & recovery.

Laura/1Pint

Lugnut
03-04-2009, 23:08
what are you really sayin', get right to the point...........:D

Each day fills you with awe and you always look on the bright side. That's the first grade I remember. :sun

Just Jack
03-04-2009, 23:11
"....got to get the plumbing straightened out." I told you that he was having a sex change operation. Whatever----LW, you better get your a$$ in gear and get back
to Dot's before you lose your place at the bar. Glad things are looking up. Hugs and
prayers to both of you.

Nearly Normal
03-05-2009, 01:59
Hang tight Wolf.
Keep your head and ass wired together.

Mal the Elder
03-05-2009, 02:24
I think he was just shammin'. Really, it's good to see you bounced back so well, so fast. Please don't overdo it, just hike this section mellow and steady. And no more blue-blazin', you hear? Gypsy, you get some rest if you can, eh?

:welcome

bfitz
03-05-2009, 02:39
While with his niece, man had a heart attack.
The woman drove wildly to get him to the emergency room.

After what seemed like a very long wait, the E. R. doctor appeared,
wearing his scrubs and a long face.

"Sadly", he said, "I’m afraid that your uncle’s brain is dead, but his
heart is still beating."

"Oh, dear," cried the woman, her hands clasped against her cheeks with
shock, "We’ve never had a democrat in the family before".

Gaiter
03-05-2009, 03:25
While with his niece, man had a heart attack.
The woman drove wildly to get him to the emergency room.

After what seemed like a very long wait, the E. R. doctor appeared,
wearing his scrubs and a long face.

"Sadly", he said, "I’m afraid that your uncle’s brain is dead, but his
heart is still beating."

"Oh, dear," cried the woman, her hands clasped against her cheeks with
shock, "We’ve never had a democrat in the family before".

haha, i think you told the joke wrong

zoidfu
03-05-2009, 03:30

Wolf - 23000
03-05-2009, 05:28
Gwenny is daddy's little girl though. she'll help me recover

Lone Wolf,

Dam man, I just hear what happen. I hope your ok with that Marine sprit of yours. Wow! Take care of yourself, ok. I would tell you to take a hike but maybe you should take it a little easy ok.

Wolf

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 05:34
Lone Wolf,

Dam man, I just hear what happen. I hope your ok with that Marine sprit of yours. Wow! Take care of yourself, ok. I would tell you to take a hike but maybe you should take it a little easy ok.

Wolf

yup. gonna take it easy for a little bit then back to runnin the trails. where you? in the sand box?

neighbor dave
03-05-2009, 06:26
:-? hang in there gypsy, looks like wolfs better already!!:sun:welcome

Squeaky 2
03-05-2009, 06:40
sorry to hear the news lone wolf, just logged onto wb and found the threads. i hope you are doing well, sounds like you have one hell of a fighting spirit in you ! those trails aint going anywhere so make sure you get rested before running up those hills.

camojack
03-05-2009, 08:15
haha, i think you told the joke wrong
You wish. Maybe some day you'll get it... :D

JAK
03-05-2009, 08:20
Morning LW,
You and Gypsy have a great day.
Another sunny day here. :sun

Mrs Baggins
03-05-2009, 08:36
God bless LW. I love your humor and right to the point insight. Hope you can take a nice cat nap this summer like my cat Smeagol likes to do. :sun
http://i39.tinypic.com/35iu13r.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i39.tinypic.com/35iu13r.jpg%5B/IMG%5D)

Sorry, off topic, but I just had to say Love your cat! I have one that looks just like him and his name is Pippin........you have grand taste in movies/books!

Pacific Tortuga
03-05-2009, 09:00
Mornin LW, how you feelin ?, are you in any pain ? My chest never hurt after my quad but my legs and the de-viening took awhile.
I had to stop taking the stonger pain killers (screwed up dreams from them) and one week in the hospital was all I could take.
Pretty amazing when you think about it, crackin open your chest and fixin things.
At home I took things slow and got a sturdy chair to sit in while showering, I was worried of slipping and tearing out staples and stiches.
12 bucks for an Advil sucks, hope yor covered.
Having gypsy there for you is, well, priceless as you know.
I had many helpful friends and family but a nurturing soul that seems to love you so much (heaven only knows why :)) is everything. Glad your healing, take care.

Mrs Baggins
03-05-2009, 09:57
How's it going LW? My dad had a double bp in 1999 - he was 67. He did great. A year later he was snorkeling in Hawaii and showing off his scar! He's 77 now and still in great health.

Hope I make it down to buy you that beer (or whatever you're drinkin' after all this) sometime this summer.

All the best and many prayers.

cannonball
03-05-2009, 10:20
Showing of the scar. Yep, I will lift my shirt in a "heart beat" to show anyone my scar.

Besides, Chest zippers are coller than 2,000 miler patches.

Moses
03-05-2009, 10:37
Cannonball,, I have both,,I like my 2000 miler much better though:D

camojack
03-05-2009, 10:37
Showing of the scar. Yep, I will lift my shirt in a "heart beat" to show anyone my scar.
Ummm...yeah. Wanna see my vasectomy scar? :D

The Weasel
03-05-2009, 10:51

Besides, Chest zippers are coller than 2,000 miler patches.

Cannonball,, I have both,,I like my 2000 miler much better though:D

The first makes the second possible.

TW

jlb2012
03-05-2009, 11:05

can you even find your V scar?

JAK
03-05-2009, 11:14
can you even find your V scar?He didn't say he wanted to see it himself. He asked if we did? ;)

JAK
03-05-2009, 11:15
Not sure what my point was in that clarification. lol

Cutty
03-05-2009, 11:39
Lone wolf,
thinking of you, and wishing you a speedy recovery, hope to
see you at trail daze.
cutty

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 11:46
Lone wolf,
thinking of you, and wishing you a speedy recovery, hope to
see you at trail daze.
cutty

thank you, i'll be there

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 12:07
thank you, i'll be there

That's the spirit ! My heart attack was March 2 and I we were able to be there last year. Not sure how much it meant to anyone else ...but even as tired as I got walking around, it meant a lot to me rub shoulders with all my hiker trash family. Plus ...the hiker stank was like having an amonia inhaler strapped to my face. It kept me conscious (at least most of the time).

'Slogger

bigcranky
03-05-2009, 12:14
How's Gypsy doing?

Wolf - 23000
03-05-2009, 12:38
yup. gonna take it easy for a little bit then back to runnin the trails. where you? in the sand box?

I'm over here in Iraq. It not my favorite place to be but it is what I sign up to do. All well. Do you know when you'll be full recovered? I know you've been clean yourself up, not drinking as much, running, etc. Do you know what cause it? It's scarely, but I'm glad your at lease on your feet sore of speak.

Wolf

Miss Janet
03-05-2009, 12:40
I hope that both of you are doing good today. But there is no one to tie Gypsy up, drug her up and make her rest... So girl, you better be taking care of yourself... just think, Lone Wolf will be coming home soon and sitting around in your big fuzzy robe, with that one little twig of hair sticking up that says... "I'm sick"... Men can be wusses under the best of circumstances and he is going to have a lot of work getting strong. I love you both and I hope you both know how much everyone is pulling for you.

Spirit Walker
03-05-2009, 12:45
LW - I'm glad you're up and about. Give Gypsy a big hug for us - she needs it even more than you do right now. We'll see you at the Gathering, I hope.

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 12:48
I hope that both of you are doing good today. But there is no one to tie Gypsy up, drug her up and make her rest... So girl, you better be taking care of yourself... just think, Lone Wolf will be coming home soon and sitting around in your big fuzzy robe, with that one little twig of hair sticking up that says... "I'm sick"... Men can be wusses under the best of circumstances and he is going to have a lot of work getting strong. I love you both and I hope you both know how much everyone is pulling for you.
====================

I'm thinkin BadAss Turtle must have squealed on me to Miss Janet :-) Either that or she has a hidden camera in our house.

'Slogger

BombDiggity
03-05-2009, 12:52
Get Better Soon!
Ma and Pa been worried, we been praying for ya!

Lone Wolf
03-05-2009, 12:57
thanks, kid

vjh
03-05-2009, 14:10

:) Spewing coffee thru the nose! Not pretty...but the thought of LW in Gypsy's fuzzy bathrobe now that's something!
Haven't read too far yet but looks like you (LW) are feeling better so glad!!

vera

Footslogger
03-05-2009, 14:25
:) Spewing coffee thru the nose! Not pretty...but the thought of LW in Gypsy's fuzzy bathrobe now that's something!

vera

Gotta get the bunny slippers to go with the outfit.

'Slogger

Tennessee Viking
03-05-2009, 16:25
Just posting to get it off the bad luck number

trailangelmary
03-05-2009, 18:39
So glad you are doing better Lone Wolf. BIG HUGS to you and Gypsy, Gypsy, you get some rest too. See you both in May.

Marta
03-05-2009, 19:47
But has running around (okay, walking slowly around) in a dress made you appreciate the virtues of hiking kilts, aka man skirts?

High Life
03-05-2009, 19:55
its a murt ! and i love mine !...i also like my yukon jack
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2419/2181425996_06fde6964d_b.jpg

Tennessee Viking
03-05-2009, 20:07
Ran up to Bristol today to visit the big guy. Love the footwear. lol

FatMan
03-05-2009, 20:12
Get well Mr Wolf. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-05-2009, 20:52
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/DrDinoLWtoes.jpg

gypsy
03-05-2009, 22:21
Hello everyone!! Well, Wolf is doing much better now and hopefully will stay that way. However, he is already wanting to do way too much. I may have to break out the duct tape!!! Seriously though, thank you all for your kind words and support. If you left a message on my phone and I didn't return it, I apologize. I am a bit overwhelmed to say the least and I will try to respond to as many of you as possible. To those who sent flowers, they are all beautiful and thank you! To those who sent cards... ditto!! We are truely blessed to have such a wonderful group of people in our lives!

Much Love,
Gypsy

Marta
03-05-2009, 22:24
Duct tape! The hiker's cure-all. Why didn't we think of that before?

Best wishes and take care...

Marta

ed bell
03-05-2009, 22:25
Make sure to take care of yourself too, Gypsy. I hope you guys can get on the road to getting back to normal.:sun

TOW
03-05-2009, 23:06
just returned from visiting Lone Wolf, the man is doing great comparibly!

SouthMark
03-05-2009, 23:39
Gypsy, in lieu of flowers I'm sending Lone Wolf a set of Wal-Mart hiking poles.

Wishing you and LW the best

Dale

Tennessee Viking
03-06-2009, 00:11
Hello everyone!! Well, Wolf is doing much better now and hopefully will stay that way. However, he is already wanting to do way too much. I may have to break out the duct tape!!! Seriously though, thank you all for your kind words and support. If you left a message on my phone and I didn't return it, I apologize. I am a bit overwhelmed to say the least and I will try to respond to as many of you as possible. To those who sent flowers, they are all beautiful and thank you! To those who sent cards... ditto!! We are truely blessed to have such a wonderful group of people in our lives!

Much Love,
GypsyAs I told LW, even though its not by blood, you are all family.

camojack
03-06-2009, 01:16
can you even find your V scar?
Sure; I know exactly where it is. ;)

vera
How do you know it's not pretty? :confused:

greentick
03-06-2009, 01:39
... Well, Wolf is doing much better now and hopefully will stay that way. However, he is already wanting to do way too much. I may have to break out the duct tape!!!...

a strategically applied broken leg may do the trick... by time the leg heals he'll be good to go!;)

The Weasel
03-06-2009, 02:31
***he is going to have a lot of work getting strong. I love you both and I hope you both know how much everyone is pulling for you.

Miss J ---

Gypsy may have a different problem...LW is every bit as strong as he was the day before this: Bypass operations make you MUCH more energetic, almost immediately. Once the grafts fully attach - really, only a matter of a week or so - the blood flow to the heart is so much improved that it's unbelievable. The problem now is just for the incisions to heal and the pain to go away. Once that happens, there is a reasonable chance that he will have so much energy that it will be Gypsy being exhausted. :D

Weasy

prain4u
03-06-2009, 03:57
Gypsy, in lieu of flowers I'm sending Lone Wolf a set of Wal-Mart hiking poles.

Wishing you and LW the best

Dale

I've never met Lone Wolf--but I have read many of his posts. In lieu of cards or flowers, I think I will send him a portable water filtration system and a gift certificate for three free nights' of lodging at an overcrowded AT shelter. He seems to like both of those things so much! :D

Continue to get well Lone Wolf (and Gypsy please take care of yourself). This old country preacher from Illinois is still praying for both of you.

TOW
03-06-2009, 07:02
It's scarely, but I'm glad your at lease on your feet sore of speak.

WolfClassic.........:D!

TOW
03-06-2009, 07:05
its a murt ! and i love mine !...i also like my yukon jack
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2419/2181425996_06fde6964d_b.jpg
Murt my hiny! I know Murt and she don't wear no murt.............that is nothing more than a dress..........:D

Lauriep
03-06-2009, 08:36
The trail is missing you big time. The trail's whole ecosystem is out of balance without a Lone Wolf walking on it. I can tell even up here in West Virginia. Every white blaze is wondering, "which one of us will get to see LW first?" Please get well soon.

Marta
03-06-2009, 08:42
Rumor has it that spring is on the way. Here's wishing you a nice walk on the AT (the part running past your house) as the fine weather rolls in.

stumpknocker
03-06-2009, 09:02
Lone Wolf....glad you came through all this okay. :)

It's that kind of unexpected crap that comes along in life that makes a person realize if you want to do something in this world, there's no better time than now.

Thinking of you too Gypsy....love ya both.

PS I almost sold my stock in PBR. ;)

JAK
03-06-2009, 09:08
Morning LW and Gypsy,
Light snow just now but supposed to turn sunny and hit 46F up here this weekend. You folks must be doing something right down there, because that seems to be where all our good weather comes from. Thanks for the sunshine. :sun[/QUOTE]

vjh
03-06-2009, 10:16

Gotta get the bunny slippers to go with the outfit.

'Slogger

Thanks to you and Camo for the vivid pictures in my head:) You guys make me laugh! and I'll be looking for JUST THE RIGHT slippers in size Male to go with the robe!

Glad you, Lone Wolf are feeling better and Gypsy take it easy ...

vera

vjh
03-06-2009, 10:18
Hello everyone!! Well, Wolf is doing much better now and hopefully will stay that way. However, he is already wanting to do way too much. I may have to break out the duct tape!!!
Much Love,
Gypsy

Duct tape...definitely duct tape! and no response necessary..just glad you are home and recovering both of your spirits... no you can get back to doin' your homework! :)

vera

Monkeyboy
03-06-2009, 15:59
miss J ---

weasy

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa.

Lone Wolf
03-06-2009, 16:01
i'm home. thanks so much to everybody who prayed, visited, called, sent flowers, cards, e-cards, etc. i'm overwhelmed. and exhausted.
thanks to sgt. rock, dixicritter and frolicking dino who showed up this morning and transported a bunch of stuff home for us
watch what you eat, exercise and have your blood pressure and cholesterol every so often
words can't describe how highly professional and dedicated the doctors, nurses and techs are in the cardiology dept. at Bristol Regional Medical Center

peanuts
03-06-2009, 16:06
glad to hear you are home!!!!!! heres a dancing banana.:banana

jlb2012
03-06-2009, 16:08
good to hear

D'Artagnan
03-06-2009, 16:09
i'm home. thanks so much to everybody who prayed, visited, called, sent flowers, cards, e-cards, etc. i'm overwhelmed. and exhausted.
thanks to sgt. rock, dixicritter and frolicking dino who showed up this morning and transported a bunch of stuff home for us
watch what you eat, exercise and have your blood pressure and cholesterol every so often
words can't describe how highly professional and dedicated the doctors, nurses and techs are in the cardiology dept. at Bristol Regional Medical Center

You better listen to Dr. Gypsy and take it easy for awhile. Looking forward to getting back up there and having you drive me around again. Be good.

Bulldawg
03-06-2009, 16:12

Awesome!! I hope you enjoy the package I sent. It isn't much, but they say the thought counts and you have certainly been in my thoughts!

Gaiter
03-06-2009, 16:13

get some rest.... at home, don't try to make any more trips to the hospital anytime soon, you scared us

cannonball
03-06-2009, 16:14
Glad you made it out of there. FOLLOW THE DOC'S ORDERS and not your own.:D

hikingshoes
03-06-2009, 16:17
Glad your home also,LW

wakapak
03-06-2009, 16:17
Glad to hear you are home Wolf! We've been thinking of you guys and sending lotsa positive vibes your way! :)

fehchet
03-06-2009, 16:19
I'm thankful you are home. You are a blessed soul, my friend.
that guy

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 16:20
Glad to hear you are home Wolf! We've been thinking of you guys and sending lotsa positive vibes your way! :)
WAKNOODLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOT!!!!!!!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

wakapak
03-06-2009, 16:20
WAKNOODLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOT!!!!!!!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

ummm, hi warrgy!!

The Weasel
03-06-2009, 16:22

I'm not the topic here. LW, and his continued improving health and spirits, is. Anything else should go outside.

Weasy

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 16:25
I'm not the topic here. LW, and his continued improving health and spirits, is. Anything else should go outside.

Weasy

You should go outside. . .

http://www.freewebs.com/towelianism/1131519160towelie.JPG

TOW
03-06-2009, 16:28
Glad your home.........

The Weasel
03-06-2009, 16:30
I do go outside. It's so much nicer than being cooped up. Spent the first few weeks after my bypass slowly going out my back door further and further down the trail into the woods. Couldn't put a pack or boots on until they took out the "zipper" staples but a few days after that I did my first weekender. That was at about the 3 week point, only about 3-4 miles total but it felt good. "Outside" is nice, and you realize it more when you can't get there.

Weasy

Monkeyboy
03-06-2009, 16:36
i'm Not The Topic Here.

weasy

Bahaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Footslogger
03-06-2009, 16:49

=====================================

Felt the same way about the team of pro's who saved my life and got me back on my feet.

Lots of talented and dedicated medical people out there.

Good to see that you made it home man.

Just go easy at first.

'Slogger

DAKS
03-06-2009, 16:52
glad yer' home! be well!

Nean
03-06-2009, 16:53
All the best LW, hope to see ya soon:sun

JAK
03-06-2009, 16:56
Taken to heart. Thanks LW.

Monkeyboy
03-06-2009, 17:16
Wolf, Everyone Always Said You'd recover.

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 17:19
Wolf, Everyone Always Said You'd recover.
That's just so beautifully said. . . great job Monkeyboy. . . and thank you so much:sun:sun:sun

High Life
03-06-2009, 17:20
:banana-----> Glad you're back home !!! <---------:banana

Monkeyboy
03-06-2009, 17:24
That's just so beautifully said. . . great job Monkeyboy. . . and thank you so much:sun:sun:sun

Well, Even A Sick Young person like LW needs encouragement once in awhile.

The Weasel
03-06-2009, 17:26
Have fun, kids. Anything that makes LW smile now is cool. Don't make him laugh too hard, though. That hurts for a week or so.

Weasy

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 17:27
Well, Even A Sick Young person like LW needs encouragement once in awhile.
Well, even a stupid yelllowbelly understands that.

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 17:29
Have fun, kids. Anything that makes LW smile now is cool. Don't make him laugh too hard, though. That hurts for a week or so.

Weasy

We're effectivley attempting silliness you obviously see. . . .

The Weasel
03-06-2009, 17:30
Obviously.

Weasy

Monkeyboy
03-06-2009, 17:30
Why? Ever Ask Someone You know?

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 17:34
Why? Ever Ask Someone You know?
Wouldn't Either Assinine System Yolk??. . . ok. . . I've lost it. . .:-?

Monkeyboy
03-06-2009, 17:34
We're effectivley attempting silliness you obviously see. . . .

What Effects Are Seen Yonder?

Lone Wolf
03-06-2009, 17:35

i forgot to thank god. we may have met 2 or 3 times this past week

superman
03-06-2009, 17:37

I'd been sort of letting the winter slip by. I'd been saying "what the heck" to exercise and what I'd been eating. I went to a funeral of a friend of mine who died of a heart attack. When I got home I read on WB that you'd had a heart attack. I'm a bit obtuse so it took a bit for it to click that I'd better get my butt in gear. So I've been using my treadmill and other exercise every day. I'm never going to be a tofu type but i've started making better choices. It's also been clarifying the idea to read what the other folks have said about their heart attacks. One of my daughter-in-laws is pregnant with my first grandchild. I'd kind of like to stick around for a while to see the kid. I had planned on showing my grand kids my soccer moves...but it's too late for that. I can't remember what they were. I was 45 when I played my last soccer game. The point of my rambling is that your situation has been a wake up call for me and maybe some others. Be well.

Monkeyboy
03-06-2009, 17:38
Hopefully, you'll meet more often........

But at your place.......not his.

Lugnut
03-06-2009, 17:38

You're a good man Charlie Brown. :sun

Lone Wolf
03-06-2009, 17:41
I'd been sort of letting the winter slip by. I'd been saying "what the heck to exercise and what I'd been eating. I went to a funeral of a friend of mine who died of a heart attack. When I got home I read on WB that you'd had a heart attack. I'm a bit obtuse so it took a bit for it to click that I'd better get my butt in gear. So I've been using my treadmill and other exercise every day. I'm never going to be a tofu type but i've started making better choices. It's also been clarifying the idea to read what the other folks have said about their heart attacks. One of my daughter-in-laws is pregnant with first grandchild. I'd kind of like to stick around for a while to see the kid. I had planned on showing my grand kids my soccer moves...but it's too late for that. I can't remember what they were. I was 45 when I played my last soccer game. The point of my rambling is that your situation has been a wake up call for me and maybe some others. Be well.
good to hear. don't ever put off seeing a doc if you have recurring chest pain that you never had before

Footslogger
03-06-2009, 17:54
don't ever put off seeing a doc if you have recurring chest pain that you never had before

================================

Sage advice ...and keep a close watch on the blood chemistry and cholesterol numbers.

No pain doesn't mean you're good to go. I had NO pain and still ended up flat on my arse for 2 weeks in intensive care.

'Slogger

saimyoji
03-06-2009, 18:03
good news man, glad to hear it.

warraghiyagey
03-06-2009, 18:05
Hopefully, you'll meet more often........

But at your place.......not his.
Well said MB . . . well said. . . :sun:sun

SGT Rock
03-06-2009, 18:16
My pleasure. I got to slack Wolf to his house.

TOW
03-06-2009, 18:32
i have no doubt about that, hey check your PM's i got something over here that was delivered here for you and gypsy.......

MoodyBluer
03-06-2009, 18:34
I'd been sort of letting the winter slip by. I'd been saying "what the heck" to exercise and what I'd been eating. I went to a funeral of a friend of mine who died of a heart attack. When I got home I read on WB that you'd had a heart attack. I'm a bit obtuse so it took a bit for it to click that I'd better get my butt in gear. So I've been using my treadmill and other exercise every day. I'm never going to be a tofu type but i've started making better choices. It's also been clarifying the idea to read what the other folks have said about their heart attacks. One of my daughter-in-laws is pregnant with my first grandchild. I'd kind of like to stick around for a while to see the kid. I had planned on showing my grand kids my soccer moves...but it's too late for that. I can't remember what they were. I was 45 when I played my last soccer game. The point of my rambling is that your situation has been a wake up call for me and maybe some others. Be well.

Superman, sorry you gave up Futbol...best sport in the world to play and keep fit with IMHO...I'm 50 and still play in a geritol league here in the Atlanta area and plan to play as long as I can...been playing it since 1965 and can't give it up...but tennis is much kinder to my knees.

Hopefully it will allow me to avoid what happened to LW.

Have'nt met you LW and just saw all the outpouring of love here on WB as I hadn't seen this thread before (don't know how I missed it!).

Keep on healing and good luck!

solace
03-06-2009, 19:16
Dam it WOLF! KTR & I need you at the APRIL FOOLS BASH! I need you to tell me how much my food suks and I also need you to help me poke fun @ the "special needs vegaterians" !!! GET YOUR ASS BETTER ASAP! Best thoughts Gypsey!!!

prain4u
03-06-2009, 20:45
Lone Wolf,
Glad you are home. You and Gypsy try to get some rest. Like my WhiteBlaze screen name says----I will be prain4u (praying for you) as you continue to recover. (My real last name is actually "Prain"--so I guess that I will always be prain4u).

Lilred
03-06-2009, 20:45
So thankful you are home Wolfie. Get lots of rest and take care of that wonderful heart of yours. I've gotten back on my cholesterol meds. You scared me for you but you also scared me for me. If you're home the end of May when I head up to the James River to start my section, I'll swing by Damascus and give you that hug in person that I've been giving you in my thoughts. LOVE YOU!!

Blissful
03-06-2009, 21:07
So glad to hear you're home. !!!!!!

Blissful
03-06-2009, 21:08
My pleasure. I got to slack Wolf to his house.

Ha ha I liked this...

But soon he will be back helping others with rides, I have no doubt.

Local
03-06-2009, 21:23
The following message came from Gypsy, to Linda, who told Elena, who put it on her Facebook page for folks in Damascus and elsewhere. This was posted today, Friday 6th, around 4 p.m.

"Wolf and Gypsy are home and thank everyone for their love and support. They request no calls or visitors for a few days while they get settled."

ed bell
03-06-2009, 21:28
"Wolf and Gypsy are home and thank everyone for their love and support. They request no calls or visitors for a few days while they get settled."While wanting to either call or deliver well wishes in person is a real nice gesture, one can definitely appreciate the fact that they need calm, quiet alone time to get back to some semblance of normal. I hope they find it in short order. Glad you guys are home!:sun

Hikerhead
03-06-2009, 21:29
While wanting to either call or deliver well wishes in person is a real nice gesture, one can definitely appreciate the fact that they need calm, quiet alone time to get back to some semblance of normal. I hope they find it in short order. Glad you guys are home!:sun

They need some down time. Let them rest.

SGT Rock
03-06-2009, 21:36
While wanting to either call or deliver well wishes in person is a real nice gesture, one can definitely appreciate the fact that they need calm, quiet alone time to get back to some semblance of normal. I hope they find it in short order. Glad you guys are home!:sun
Amen.

Hooch
03-06-2009, 22:17
Welcome home, LW and Gypsy! Take all the time in the world you need to get settled back in at home and rest. I'm just glad you're both doing well. Call me anytime if you need anything.

Phreak
03-06-2009, 22:27
I'm glad to hear he's back home.

Nicksaari
03-06-2009, 23:02
ditto. have been thinking of you. are you going to be out and about 'round trail days? ill be in the area the week after trail days, ill make you a good hearty soup with low sodium instead of buying you a beer...

double d
03-07-2009, 00:24
Congrats LW on going home.

Kerosene
03-07-2009, 06:44
I had planned on showing my grand kids my soccer moves...but it's too late for that. I can't remember what they were. I was 45 when I played my last soccer game.You'd be surprised what you can recall. Get out there with the kid and just play with 'em. The moves will come back as you both fool around, and the kid will refine them on their own, but remember where they came from.